Evidence For A Young Earth

Evidence For A Young Earth

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Jun 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
I never stated that my opinion was that the whole universe is a few thousand light years across. I said the Holy Bible says God stretched out the heavens, which means the heavens must have been more compacted and the stars closer together at creation.
So you think NOW the universe is 14 billion light years or more across?

Big bang theory also says the heavens stretched, starting from a pinpoint smaller than a proton to the huge size we see today.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Jun 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
So you think NOW the universe is 14 billion light years or more across?

Big bang theory also says the heavens stretched, starting from a pinpoint smaller than a proton to the huge size we see today.
I do not think about how many light years across the universe is now; and the Big Bang Theory doesn't interest me much, but there are some stupid and funny episodes.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Jun 14

I do not think about how many light years across the universe is now; and the Big Bang Theory doesn't interest me much, but there are some stupid and funny episodes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15tyiUSKANk
I wasn't asking for another video, just wanted your own thoughts. Did you look at that image I posted?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Jun 14

I wasn't asking for another video, just wanted your own thoughts. Did you look at that image I posted?
From just looking at the image you posted, I can't tell that the universe is any larger that about 6,000 light years across.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Jun 14

From just looking at the image you posted, I can't tell that the universe is any larger that about 6,000 light years across.
You do know our own galaxy is 100,000 light years across or thereabouts right?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Jun 14

You do know our own galaxy is 100,000 light years across or thereabouts right?
It makes no difference since God stretches out the heavens as He wills.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Jun 14

It makes no difference since God stretches out the heavens as He wills.
Then if you realize our galaxy is 100,000 or more light years across, that is to say it takes light 100,000 years to cross the milky way from one end to the other,

You should be able to make the startling conclusion the deep image from that hubble space telescope view I showed you where almost EVERYTHING in that image except for 2 or 3 local stars from our galaxy, you can see the entire galaxy in one go, which are also 100,000 light years across and there are literally thousands of them in that photo, each one on the order of 100,000 light years across so the gaps between them are millions of light years wide or more so the entire photo shows a space of perhaps 100 million light years across or more.

Do you deny the reality of that?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Jun 14

Then if you realize our galaxy is 100,000 or more light years across, that is to say it takes light 100,000 years to cross the milky way from one end to the other,

You should be able to make the startling conclusion the deep image from that hubble space telescope view I showed you where almost EVERYTHING in that image except for 2 or 3 local stars from ...[text shortened]... a space of perhaps 100 million light years across or more.

Do you deny the reality of that?
As Harry Reid and Hillary Clinton would say, "What difference, at this point, does it make?"

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Jun 14

As Harry Reid and Hillary Clinton would say, "What difference, at this point, does it make?"
Well, I would like you to just admit the universe is now 14 billion light years across, at a minimum.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Jun 14

Well, I would like you to just admit the universe is now 14 billion light years across, at a minimum.
It may be 999 billion light years across for all I know. What difference, at this point, does it make?"

Moves
07 Jun 14

It may be 999 billion light years across for all I know. What difference, at this point, does it make?"
To you, none.

Because you neither comprehend not accept the principles or findings of science,
And because you accept magic reasoning as being valid by allowing 'god did it' as
a viable explanation. It will mean absolutely nothing to you that the visible universe
appears ~13.77 billion light years across.

The fact that light travels at a constant maximum speed in a vacuum means that
when we look outwards we look backwards in time.

If you look at an object 1 foot away then you are seeing it as it was approximately
1 nano-second in the past.
If you look at an object 300km away you are seeing it as it was 1 millisecond in the
past.
If you look at an object 300,000km away then you are seeing it as it was 1 second ago.

At 93 million miles [150million km] the sun is a bit over 8 light minutes away and so
we see that as it was a little more than 8 minutes ago.

Mars averages about 20 minutes away.
Pluto 6 ish hours.

The nearest star past the sun is a bit over 3 years away.

This continues on out, and even staying within this galaxy we see objects that are
over 70 thousand light years away from us.

Meaning we are seeing them as they were over 70 thousand years ago.

The Andromeda galaxy, which is naked eye visible, is another galaxy about the same
size as ours [approx 100 thousand ly across] is over 2 million ly away and we are seeing
it as it was over 2 million years ago.

This is in direct contradiction to your beliefs that the universe is 6~10 thousand years old.
This is evidence that you are wrong.

However, because you allow 'god did it' as an 'explanation' then evidence doesn't matter to
you as you can 'explain' anything by saying god did it. And you do so frequently.

You don't understand that an 'explanation' that 'explains' everything explains nothing.

This is why trying to make you understand this is pointless.

Until and unless you give up the idea that 'god did it' is a valid explanation then no evidence
is going to ruffle your feathers one jot. You are immune from reason or evidence, you are far too
far gone to help.

This is why you shouldn't post on the science forum... ever.

It's also why Sonhouse shouldn't bother trying to get you to see where you go wrong.
But he does seem to enjoy ripping you apart at every opportunity.

You SHOULD find this very relevant... But you are not going to.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Jun 14

Originally posted by googlefudge
To you, none.

Because you neither comprehend not accept the principles or findings of science,
And because you accept magic reasoning as being valid by allowing 'god did it' as
a viable explanation. It will mean absolutely nothing to you that the visible universe
appears ~13.77 billion light years across.

The fact that light travels at a cons ...[text shortened]... apart at every opportunity.

You SHOULD find this very relevant... But you are not going to.
You say, "when we look outwards we look backwards in time."

This is ridiculous and makes no sense at all.

I can understand how this would work for sound waves, but not for light.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Jun 14

You say, "when we look outwards we look backwards in time."

This is ridiculous and makes no sense at all.

I can understand how this would work for sound waves, but not for light.
If we explained it to you in a manner even YOU would understand, you would just move the goalposts to rationalize it all out in terms of creationism so what is the point?

If you really want an explanation I will give you one but I don't want to hear creationist objections at the end.

You either accept the answer I give you or you reject it but I don't want to hear mealy mouthed creationist bullshyte, just say you don't accept the answer and be done with it.

PDI

Moves
08 Jun 14

1 Cor. 14:33 states that the deity of the Bible "is not the author of confusion."

RJ, can you take this to mean that evidence for age of universe and evidence for divine creation of immutable kinds of organisms is really clear? In other words, to your mind, is it totally obvious that the majority of modern scientists are deliberately being unreasonable, given that your deity did not in any way set out to deceive (confuse) anybody about these things?

Or perhaps you maintain that Satan likes to confuse with false evidence, and your deity gives Satan some control over the evidence available to scientists?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
1 Cor. 14:33 states that the deity of the Bible "is not the author of confusion."

RJ, can you take this to mean that evidence for age of universe and evidence for divine creation of immutable kinds of organisms is really clear? In other words, to your mind, is it totally obvious that the majority of modern scientists are deliberately being u ...[text shortened]... lse evidence, and your deity gives Satan some control over the evidence available to scientists?
1 Cor. 14:33 actually states, "God is not the author of confusion but of peace."

In context, this means that if a church meeting results in confusion or disorder instead of peace among the members then the Spirit of God is not teaching those members.

SATAN IS A LIAR AND A DECEIVER

http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Satan,-As-Deceiver