1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    07 Aug '14 10:42
    Evidence Noah's Biblical Flood Happened, Says Robert Ballard

    Dec. 10, 2012

    By JENNA MILLMAN, BRYAN TAYLOR and LAUREN EFFRON

    According to a controversial theory proposed by two Columbia University scientists, there really was one in the Black Sea region. They believe that the now-salty Black Sea was once an isolated freshwater lake surrounded by farmland, until it was flooded by an enormous wall of water from the rising Mediterranean Sea. The force of the water was two hundred times that of Niagara Falls, sweeping away everything in its path.

    Fascinated by the idea, Ballard and his team decided to investigate.

    "We went in there to look for the flood," he said. "Not just a slow moving, advancing rise of sea level, but a really big flood that then stayed... The land that went under stayed under."

    Four hundred feet below the surface, they unearthed an ancient shoreline, proof to Ballard that a catastrophic event did happen in the Black Sea. By carbon dating shells found along the shoreline, Ballard said he believes they have established a timeline for that catastrophic event, which he estimates happened around 5,000 BC. Some experts believe this was around the time when Noah's flood could have occurred.

    "It probably was a bad day," Ballard said. "At some magic moment, it broke through and flooded this place violently, and a lot of real estate, 150,000 square kilometers of land, went under."

    The theory goes on to suggest that the story of this traumatic event, seared into the collective memory of the survivors, was passed down from generation to generation and eventually inspired the biblical account of Noah.

    http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/evidence-suggests-biblical-great-flood-noahs-time-happened/story?id=17884533
  2. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    07 Aug '14 10:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Evidence Noah's Biblical Flood Happened, Says Robert Ballard

    Dec. 10, 2012

    By JENNA MILLMAN, BRYAN TAYLOR and LAUREN EFFRON

    According to a controversial theory proposed by two Columbia University scientists, there really was one in the Black Sea region. They believe that the now-salty Black Sea was once an isolated freshwater lake surrounded by fa ...[text shortened]... s.go.com/Technology/evidence-suggests-biblical-great-flood-noahs-time-happened/story?id=17884533
    I don't think they found evidence of a local phenomena, but of the flood that covered the whole earth as the Biblical account says.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    07 Aug '14 10:55
    Originally posted by josephw
    I don't think ...
  4. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    07 Aug '14 11:02
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    07 Aug '14 11:07
    Worldwide Evidence for Noah's Flood

    The evidence for the global Genesis Flood is provided by all the hundreds of flood traditions from all over the world. Evidence for the Flood is found in sedimentary rocks that commonly cover huge distances and show little or no erosion between layers—unlike how mainstream geologist interpret the rocks based on small events over millions of years. Trillions of fossils in the sedimentary rocks provide powerful evidence for a global Flood, since fossilization today is rare (remember that mainstream scientists rely on present processes to explain the past).

    Moreover, the fossil record does not show evolution because of the gaps in the fossil record. Mollusks that make up 95% of fossils are predominantly closed shelled, strongly indicating that they were buried and fossilized rapidly all over the earth. This points to a global catastrophe and not small events over millions of years, the alternative mainstream view.

    Lastly, the talk delves into what we learned about the Flood from the eruption of Mount St. Helens.

    YouTube
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    07 Aug '14 11:19
    Originally posted by josephw
    I don't think they found evidence of a local phenomena, but of the flood that covered the whole earth as the Biblical account says.
    Robert Ballard apparently believes the account in the Holy Bible is just another made up story based on an actual event because he found proof of that event. He doesn't believe the story in the Holy Bible is an actual account of what really happened.
  7. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    07 Aug '14 11:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Robert Ballard apparently believes the account in the Holy Bible is just another made up story based on an actual event because he found proof of that event. He doesn't believe the story in the Holy Bible is an actual account of what really happened.
    That's too bad!

    Funny how that in the face of clear scientific discovery one can still turn a blind eye.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52614
    07 Aug '14 11:541 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    That's too bad!

    Funny how that in the face of clear scientific discovery one can still turn a blind eye.
    So your insane god decided that in order to off a few thousand errant humans, it should instead off EVERY land animal on Earth just to get to those few humans, even though this builder of universes could have just as easily wiped out the entire bunch with a metaphorical wave of its hand, thus showing exactly what it thought of the life forms this god itself brought into existence.

    Sure, it could happen.

    And pigs can fly too. I saw it with my own eyes.

    How can supposedly intelligent people believe in such utter nonsense? Through thousands of years and MANY billions so duped, century after century?

    Sound like an indication of the mental abilities of supposedly intelligent humans to me, lack thereof.

    One of the biggest conspiracy theories in history. You find them today, small cadres of people still trying to prove in vain that people did not walk on the moon but it was all done in Hollywood by Steven Speilberg. Same level of incredible brain power in action.
  9. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    07 Aug '14 12:35
    Originally posted by josephw
    That's too bad!

    Funny how that in the face of clear scientific discovery one can still turn a blind eye.
    Even funnier is how RJ started a thread without actually realizing that the article he posted contradicts his beliefs.
    Now, given that the 'clear scientific discovery' in the OP also contradicts your beliefs, why do you turn a blind eye?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52614
    07 Aug '14 13:281 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Even funnier is how RJ started a thread without actually realizing that the article he posted contradicts his beliefs.
    Now, given that the 'clear scientific discovery' in the OP also contradicts your beliefs, why do you turn a blind eye?
    Yes, how did a flood of 144,000 square miles or Km become worldwide? That is an area not much bigger than Pennsylvania in the US.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52614
    07 Aug '14 13:31
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Worldwide Evidence for Noah's Flood

    The evidence for the global Genesis Flood is provided by all the hundreds of flood traditions from all over the world. Evidence for the Flood is found in sedimentary rocks that commonly cover huge distances and show little or no erosion between layers—unlike how mainstream geologist interpret the rocks based on small e ...[text shortened]... the Flood from the eruption of Mount St. Helens.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ1QrbvBIN4
    What OTHER stupid rationalizations do you have for your young earth theory?

    Actually, its a hypothesis, it hasn't risen to the level of theory yet, just supposition mixed with fantasy.

    Like a god would destroy all the land animals to get to a few thousand errant humans. Sure, that could work, especially if your god was insane.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    07 Aug '14 15:13
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What OTHER stupid rationalizations do you have for your young earth theory?

    Actually, its a hypothesis, it hasn't risen to the level of theory yet, just supposition mixed with fantasy.

    Like a god would destroy all the land animals to get to a few thousand errant humans. Sure, that could work, especially if your god was insane.
    Catastrophic Plate Tectonics: A Global Flood Model of Earth History

    How did the catastrophic sedimentary and tectonic processes associated with the global flood form the world we see? Catastrophic plate tectonics was the theory devised by creationists 150 years ago to explain the geology of continents and ocean basins. Lately, creationists have modeled the ocean-floor upheaval that initiated the flood, subducted the pre-flood ocean floor, and propelled the oceans over the continents. Subduction of the pre-flood ocean floor moved continents into their present positions, and enlarged and deepened ocean basins. Major mountain ranges are the product of plate collisions. Left over heat and global cooling following the flood created the rapid post-flood ice age and Earth's modern climate.

    YouTube
  13. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    07 Aug '14 16:30
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Even funnier is how RJ started a thread without actually realizing that the article he posted contradicts his beliefs.
    Now, given that the 'clear scientific discovery' in the OP also contradicts your beliefs, why do you turn a blind eye?
    I didn't deny the findings of the research. I disagree with the final analysis.

    Why do you feel the need to misrepresent what I said?
  14. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    07 Aug '14 16:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yes, how did a flood of 144,000 square miles or Km become worldwide? That is an area not much bigger than Pennsylvania in the US.
    Geographical genius!
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52614
    07 Aug '14 16:52
    Originally posted by josephw
    Geographical genius!
    Kind of like that Saturday Night Live skit where the guy is talking about his business having change machines at airports, one dollar in and 4 quarters out.

    His buddy asked him how does he make money?

    VOLUME!
Back to Top