1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 May '13 11:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The God of the Holy Bible is eternal. That means He always existed and will always exit. Perhaps you could say God pops in and out of our existence from time to time as He pleases. 😏
    he always existed? could you explain in a bit more depth what you mean?
  2. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    03 May '13 11:49
    Originally posted by sonship

we know where helium and hydrogen come from, if you are asking where does matter come from, then we dont know.

where did god come from did he just pop into existence from nothing?

It amazes me how some people still think this question is somehow a bombshell against theistic belief.

"Who made God ??? Yuk. Yuk."

Your questi ...[text shortened]... matter with you guys? Betrand Russell would be embarassed at the naivete of the new atheists.
    God didn't come from nothing because he didn't come. He does not exist.

Other gods may well exist although how we would know he/she/it was a god is beyond me. Maybe it's a Monty Python thing. You can tell a king because he isn't covered in poo so maybe you can tell a god because he isn't covered in cosmic poo.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 May '13 11:49
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    he always existed? could you explain in a bit more depth what you mean?
    e·ter·nal

Adjective

1. Lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning.
    2. (of truths, values, or questions) Valid for all time; essentially unchanging.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 May '13 11:52

we know where helium and hydrogen come from, if you are asking where does matter come from, then we dont know.

where did god come from did he just pop into existence from nothing?

It amazes me how some people still think this question is somehow a bombshell against theistic belief.

"Who made God ??? Yuk. Yuk."

Your questi ...[text shortened]... matter with you guys? Betrand Russell would be embarassed at the naivete of the new atheists.
    you required proof of where helium and hydrogen come from. where is your proof that god is eternal.

'Your question is a catagory error like what is the taste of the color green?'

not if you have synesthesia.
  5. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    03 May '13 11:52
    Why does there have to be a reason for being?

Its good of you to try to help your speechless counterpart in skepticism out. Your reply is the typical excuse for being clueless.

"Why does there have to be a reason for being anyway?"

You're right on time.

You spoke of hydogen and helium and gravity. Does the intelligibility of ...[text shortened]... he loss is yours. Its not ours who believe God has commnicated with His creatures.
    So why does there have to be a reason?
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 May '13 11:53
    e·ter·nal

Adjective

1. Lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning.
    2. (of truths, values, or questions) Valid for all time; essentially unchanging.
    so you believe god exists within time.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 May '13 14:21
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    so you believe god exists within time.
    Within time and without time God exists.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 May '13 16:39
    Originally posted by Kepler
    So why does there have to be a reason?
    You're still sitting in for the other poster to whom I requested the question of his meaning for existence.

If you know that your human life in this universe is meaningless then just have the courage to state your conviction about that.

Then you can grill me why I think you should seek that one exists.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 May '13 16:451 edit

So we're back to your philosophy. How is it that nonliving material gave rise to self consciousness and self awareness ?

The Bible says God created us in the image of God. His consciousness of being is reflected in our own. That makes sense.

Make sense for me of atoms and molecules combining to the point that they would ask of themselves "Who am I ? Why am I alive ? "

What made the materials and gravity eventually be able to ask intelligent questions about their own existence ?
  10. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    03 May '13 22:28

So we're back to your philosophy. How is it that nonliving material gave rise to self consciousness and self awareness ?

The Bible says God created us in the image of God. His consciousness of being is reflected in our own. That makes sense.

Make sense f ...[text shortened]... als and gravity eventually be able to ask intelligent questions about their own existence ?
    You ever talked to gravity? I think the conversation would be quite boring.

I have no idea how our consciousness arose. I'll not be filling that gap in my knowledge with handy dandy god goo though. I find investigating the how and why of things far more satisfying than just saying " I don't know, god must have done it. OK, that's cleared up then". I have poked about in many of the dusty corners of our universe looking for answers. Sometimes I find them, sometimes I don't. Never have I found anything that required a god nor any evidence for a god.
  11. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    04 May '13 01:33
    [b]You're still sitting in for the other poster to whom I requested the question of his meaning for existence.
    If you know that your human life in this universe is meaningless then just have the courage to state your conviction about that.
    My post concerning your question got cut up. Understanding the meaning of existence would require much more knowledge than we possess. I do not believe that grasping or even creating ideas to answer this question actually accomplishes anything. Too many people are simply afraid to say "To this question I do not know....yet".
    Christianity attempts to create "a" meaning, not "the" meaning. Angela
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 May '13 01:34
    PROOF GOD IS ETERNAL

Before the mountains were brought forth,
    Or ever You had formed the earth and the world,
    Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God.

(Psalm 90:2 NKJV)

The eternal God is your refuge,
    And underneath are the everlasting arms;
    He will thrust out the enemy from before you,
    And will say, ‘Destroy!’

(Deuteronomy 33:27 NKJV)

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse...

(Romans 1:20 NKJV)

Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

(1Timothy 1:17 NKJV)
  13. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    04 May '13 09:31
    PROOF GOD IS ETERNAL

[b]Before the mountains were brought forth,
    Or ever You had formed the earth and the world,
    Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God.

(Psalm 90:2 NKJV)

The eternal God is your refuge,
    And underneath are the everlasting arms;
    He will thrust out the enemy from before you,
    And will say, ‘Destroy!’

(Deut ...[text shortened]... to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.[/b]

(1Timothy 1:17 NKJV)[/b]
    That's not even evidence let alone proof. Before you can prove your big grumpy sky fairy is eternal please put forward some evidence that it even exists.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 May '13 10:222 edits
    My post concerning your question got cut up. Understanding the meaning of existence would require much more knowledge than we possess.

Okay. If that is the case then WHY ridicule some people who have decided to LISTEN to SOMEONE who HAS MORE KNOWLEDGE ?

We've got this phenomenal book here. It is called The Holy Bible. And we have in history this extraordinary person Jesus Christ. Some of us are really impressed with the power of His personality, His words, His deeds and how He fits right into the whole framework of the Bible.

So why lampoon some of humanity because our attention has been justifiably arrested by Someone who displays the hallmarks of KNOWING MORE ?

Maybe God, the Bible, and Jesus Christ can HELP us, just maybe, in coming into some insight as to what is going on.

I understand that these things can take time, even a lifetime. I'd be happy to see some posters graduate from their lampooning attitude to goof on Christians who believe in Christ and God we HAVE Someone who seems to be able to inform us about these questions.

I do not believe that grasping or even creating ideas to answer this question actually accomplishes anything. Too many people are simply afraid to say "To this question I do not know....yet".
    Christianity attempts to create "a" meaning, not "the" meaning. Angela

Don't get me wrong. I will accept "I don't know ... I may never know" as an honest answer.

You see there are two kinds of agnostics in my view. One type of agnostic says:

"I don't know if there is a God. But maybe someone else knows."

Then there is the other type of agnostic who says

"I don't know if there is a God. And NOBODY ELSE knows either."

I think the first kind of agnostic is more realistic.
    The second type often resorts to goofing on believers.

Now I asked you about why you're here. It is fair for me, who claims to have at least some insight into this (from the word of God ) to tell you why I exist.

In the last two chapters of the Bible, Revelation 21 and 22, there is City. It is a kind of symbol of an entity. There is much symbolism in the picture of this City. This City is called New Jerusalem.

New Jerusalem is a climax of the history of the work of God.
    New Jerusalem is a culmination of God's interaction with human beings on earth.
    New Jerusalem is a grand finale of the Bible and the destiny towards which human history is moving.

This City is for what I was created.
    This City is what the universe was created for.
    This New Jerusalem is my destination and destiny.
    This New Jerusalem is why I breath and my heart beats.

It is for this City that I came into existence and was redeemed by Christ that I might be a constituent part of this City New Jerusalem.

I could write for hours more about this New Jerusalem. But this is why I exist, for the building up of this entity of New Jerusalem.

Now in a word, the New Jerusalem as the capital of the new heavens and new earth which God will make, after He thoroughly deals with His enemies, is the mass duplication of sons of God. She is the mass production of the total mingling of God and man.

In short the standard model of what God wants is Jesus Christ - the Godman. And the mass production of this standard model as billions of sons of God an joint heirs with Christ is this "City" the New Jerusalem.

Now we can learn all about by seriously and prayerfully reading the Bible.
    This is not secretive and elite knowledge for a few initiates of secret mysteries. This is in your Bible (if you own one).

Isn't this wonderful ?

New Jerusalem is also an entity called the Bride of Christ and the Wife of Christ. She is a "city" which matches Christ the incarnate Godman as a counterpart and romantic other. She is Christ's "Wife" to match the mingling of the Divine and the Human in the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

You may read more about this. This is God's OIKONOMIA or God's economy.

www.godseconomy.org
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '13 01:591 edit
    Originally posted by Kepler
    That's not even evidence let alone proof. Before you can prove your big grumpy sky fairy is eternal please put forward some evidence that it even exists.
    YOU ARE WITHOUT EXCUSE.

(ROMANS 1:20)

Evidence of creation and evidence God exists.

http://www.icr.org/evidence/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree