1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 21:44
    There was a man (we will call him Phineas) who had some guests over. His bad neighbors thought it would be fun to rape those guests. They gathered in great numbers outside phineas's house and demanded he handed those guest over for a little game of raping.

Phineas wouldn't have that, he was a good man. He tried to persuade his neighbours to give up rape on this occasion, but to no success.
    Seeing he couldn't persuade them, he said:
    "Look what i have here: 2 young virgin daughters . Let me bring them out to you, and you can do to them whatever you please."

The man offered his daughters, whom he had a responsibility to protect, to an angry rapey mob.

Evil or not?
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 21:55
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    There was a man (we will call him Phineas) who had some guests over. His bad neighbors thought it would be fun to rape those guests. They gathered in great numbers outside phineas's house and demanded he handed those guest over for a little game of raping.

Phineas wouldn't have that, he was a good man. He tried to persuade his neighbours to give up rape ...[text shortened]... d his daughters, whom he had a responsibility to protect, to an angry rapey mob.

Evil or not?
    Depends on the context!
    😞
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 22:36

Phineas wouldn't have that, he was a good man. He tried to persuade his neighbours to give up rape ...[text shortened]... d his daughters, whom he had a responsibility to protect, to an angry rapey mob.

Evil or not?
    Have you been reading some self-help blogs on the basics in morality.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 00:29

Evil or not?
    Evil. Though it has to be said, the bible doesn't say that idea came from God, nor does the bible say this was okay to do.

"By helping Lot, God approved of this."
    Not really; the daughters weren't actually given up.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 00:31
    Episode 2, huh? I like this series. Hopefully it's been approved for a whole season.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 00:311 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    Evil. Though it has to be said, the bible doesn't say that idea came from God, nor does the bible say this was okay to do.

"By helping Lot, God approved of this."
    Not really; the daughters weren't actually given up.
    who are you quoting? because some might mistakenly assume it's me.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 01:50

Evil or not?
    This may be a cultural matter. It is possible that the man was doing the right thing by protecting his quests at all costs according to his culture. Maybe it is a part of his evolution.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 06:30
    Originally posted by vivify
    Episode 2, huh? I like this series. Hopefully it's been approved for a whole season.
    I wouldn't buy the box set.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 08:05
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I wouldn't buy the box set.
    it's aimed at a select audience you should be glad to not be a part of
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 08:06
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    This may be a cultural matter. It is possible that the man was doing the right thing by protecting his quests at all costs according to his culture. Maybe it is a part of his evolution.
    some cultures demanded witches be tortured and burned at the stake. the fact that something is a part of one culture doesn't mean we cannot judge it to be moral or not.

i know it was a cultural thing, i am asking if it is evil or not.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 10:30

Evil or not?
    That depends, were the daughters in question Obama supporters?
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 11:58
    it's aimed at a select audience you should be glad to not be a part of
    indeed.

Your line of attack though is pretty obvious...We should play chess some time.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 12:11
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    indeed.

Your line of attack though is pretty obvious...We should play chess some time.
    "Your line of attack though is pretty obvious"
    this is my response:
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/you-dont-say

i really wished it didn't come out so condescending. just consider it without the mockery.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 12:15
    "Your line of attack though is pretty obvious"
    this is my response:
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/you-dont-say

i really wished it didn't come out so condescending. just consider it without the mockery.
    The best defense against the Nicolas Cage attack is the Tom Hanks Gambit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/starsandstories/5257472/Tom-Hanks-interview-on-the-new-Dan-Brown-movie-Angels-and-Demons.html
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Jun '15 00:11
    nobody wants to answer this one either. i can't imagine why.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree