1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 19:26
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Everything is devolving instead of evolving, but I am content to know my God has a plan for new heavens and a new earth and will save those that believe in Him.
    and will save those that believe in Him.

why?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 19:56
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    [b]and will save those that believe in Him.

why?[/b]
    Because he loves the world is my guess. It's in the Book.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 20:021 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    If your belief is that every scientific theory should explain everything, then we can throw away all science. Our theory of gravity doesn't explain electromagnetism. Our theory of electromagnetism doesn't explain gravity. Are both wrong? Better quit my job then.

In the most general, abstract sense, evolution is an algorithm describing the behaviour o ...[text shortened]... . The question of how these replicating agents came to be is simply not relevant for the theory.
    My belief is that if you are going to have a theory about origins then it should be consistent from its beginning to now.

If your theory does not answer all questions, then to say that it is truth is simply faith. That's all I'm saying. You believe something because you put your faith in it.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 15:182 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    My belief is that if you are going to have a theory about origins then it should be consistent from its beginning to now.

If your theory does not answer all questions, then to say that it is truth is simply faith. That's all I'm saying. You believe something because you put your faith in it.
    Why can't you get it through your thick skull that origins and evolution are two separate scientific disciplines? Evolution can NEVER answer the origins question since it ONLY deals with the changes already existing life goes through in time and response to environmental pressures.

Only creationists insist on clamping the two separate disciplines into one basket.

That is just another reason why you and your ilk have been, are, and always will be, on the fringe of society and the numbers who believe that creationist crap are going down decade by decade, in a hundred years your buddies might be down to one beady eyed preacher on a soapbox in the middle of town square trying to convert 22nd century people to belief creationist nonsense where some person comes up to him and tells him life has been created from rocks and lightning in a lab experiment thereby destroying your central tenant: Life cannot come from non life. We in the scientific community think it is only a matter of time till life is made from dead minerals and some energy input and water.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 21:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Why can't you get it through your thick skull that origins and evolution are two separate scientific disciplines? Evolution can NEVER answer the origins question since it ONLY deals with the changes already existing life goes through in time and response to environmental pressures.

Only creationists insist on clamping the two separate disciplines into on ...[text shortened]... t is only a matter of time till life is made from dead minerals and some energy input and water.
    Present science says that life only comes from life. It is known as the Law of Biogenesis.

Law of biogenesis

Definition

noun

The principle stating that life arises from pre-existing life, not from nonliving material.

http://www.biology-online.org/dictionary/Law_of_biogenesis
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 21:451 edit
    Present science says that life only comes from life. It is known as the Law of Biogenesis.

[b]Law of biogenesis

Definition

noun

The principle stating that life arises from pre-existing life, not from nonliving material.

http://www.biology-online.org/dictionary/Law_of_biogenesis[/b]
    Which is why evolution deals only with life NOT how it got here. If it got here from some alien jacking off a billion years ago or if it arose from mud and brine and lightning, or if your stupid god did it, it makes no difference to the work of evolution.

Why can you not get that through your extreme tough skull? Until scientists actually go through the keyhole of chemistry and create life from rocks, evolution will forever be disconnected from the discipline of life origins.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 22:32
    Which is why evolution deals only with life NOT how it got here. If it got here from some alien jacking off a billion years ago or if it arose from mud and brine and lightning, or if your stupid god did it, it makes no difference to the work of evolution.

Why can you not get that through your extreme tough skull? Until scientists actually go through the ...[text shortened]... ate life from rocks, evolution will forever be disconnected from the discipline of life origins.
    Well, if life got here by design, then it would be stupid to think evilution explains it. On second thought, even if it did not get here by design, it is still stupid to think evilution explains it. However, devolution might explain it.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Jan '14 12:14
    Well, if life got here by design, then it would be stupid to think evilution explains it. On second thought, even if it did not get here by design, it is still stupid to think evilution explains it. However, devolution might explain it.
    And you are the proof of devolution.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jan '14 14:29
    And you are the proof of devolution.
    Ha, ha. You too.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '14 19:43
    I am content with another fact: You and your ilk grow weaker with each passing decade, eventually to be in the dust of history along with moon landing deniers and other asssholes.
    Lol,

As if you will live long enough to see that day. When you die you will no longer know anything and you will not be remembered just like all the other people who have died before you.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Jan '14 21:061 edit

So without completely understanding the Big Bang we
    shouldn't contemplate how the first stars we formed.

Without completely knowing how the first stars were
    formed we shouldn't contemplate how the elements
    were created and how the next generation of stars
    and planets were formed.

Without that knowledge we presumably should not
    contemplate how our own solar system was created.

Without knowing that we should obviously not even
    think about how the Earth was created.

Without knowing how the Earth was created volcanology,
    plate techtonics and paleo-magnetism shouldn't be studied.

Without those lets not even think about seismology and
    predicting eartquakes.........................

In fact lets not think about anything at all.

Cos godunnit.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 00:06
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    So without completely understanding the Big Bang we
    shouldn't contemplate how the first stars we formed.

Without completely knowing how the first stars were
    formed we shouldn't contemplate how the elements
    were created and how the next generation of stars
    and planets were formed.

Without that knowledge we presumably should not
    contemplate ...[text shortened]... uakes.........................

In fact lets not think about anything at all.

Cos godunnit.
    I didn't say you shouldn't contemplate it. I said you should not proclaim it as truth.

I have no problem with you believing evolution. I simply have a problem with people palming it off as absolute truth that everyone should believe.
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 04:03
    I didn't say you shouldn't contemplate it. I said you should not proclaim it as truth.

I have no problem with you believing evolution. I simply have a problem with people palming it off as absolute truth that everyone should believe.
    I believe that God created evolution. Some or many Christians are stuck on the scripture and have made a statement into a dogma. "One day is like a thousand years." The writer was simply making a statement. One day is like a billion years to God.

How can we finite beings put a finger on what one day is to an eternal being?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 04:332 edits
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    I believe that God created evolution. Some or many Christians are stuck on the scripture and have made a statement into a dogma. "One day is like a thousand years." The writer was simply making a statement. One day is like a billion years to God.

How can we finite beings put a finger on what one day is to an eternal being?
    I believe evolution, a.k.a. evilution, is a deception devised by the influence of Satan the devil.

http://www.end-times-prophecy.org/the-deception-of-evolution.html

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/deception.html
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Jan '14 14:28
    Lol,

As if you will live long enough to see that day. When you die you will no longer know anything and you will not be remembered just like all the other people who have died before you.
    And just like you and your ilk.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree