1. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 08:38
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no its not you doofling, its still bacteria, clutchety clutch at strawety straw.
    all bacteria aren't one species. new species of bacteria are evolving all the time, the one i linked to evolved in under laboratory observation. not only did they speciate, they evolved a completely new ability. this is way beyond mere adaptation that ignorant creationists like to bawl out.

if there was no evolution, we would have eliminated all disease by now. but since bacteria keep evolving, we need to keep finding new ways to kill them.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 08:401 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Again, you evolutionists are confusing evolution with adaptation and the way
    God created things to work. Evolution simply does not happen no matter
    how much you wish it would. We have only evidence of God's program in
    action to allow adaptation of the organisms, not evolution. {moron symbol deleted}
    Open your mouth when you know anything about evolution. Learn first, talk later.

Robbie gave a good advice: "Don't talk about things you know nothing about." Is he a christian liar, do you think?
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 08:54
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Open your mouth when you know anything about evolution. Learn first, talk later.

Robbie gave a good advice: "Don't talk about things you know nothing about." Is he a christian liar, do you think?
    i wouldn't put robbie much over ron. they're both daft.

creationists think evolution is a bacteria giving birth to a giraffe. that's how little they know about the subject.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 08:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I understand the theory of evolution,

Whether of not the theory of evolution of species is factual, I do not accept that natural selection within a species is evidence of that fact. In the OP for example the moths were still moths it was mearly a matter of one characteristic (colour) being naturally selected.
    You quite clearly neither understand evolution nor basic science. A moth is not a 'species', and 'species' is a man made rather loosely defined classification word.
    You are also quite clearly confusing "The Theory of Evolution", evolution theory, and evolution, or at least being rather unclear about which you are referring to.
    I would agree that evidence for natural selection does not in itself prove that all species have a common ancestor. However it clearly is evidence that speciation could take place. It is evidence that supports The Theory of Evolution, and it is evidence in support of common ancestry (though clearly not sufficient on its own).
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 09:021 edit
    Right.

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/photo_database/image/the_peppered_moth

Firstly choose an example with scientific credibility.
    At no point does your link suggest that the example lacks scientific credibility. Would you care to provide any actual references to that effect?
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 09:411 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    i wouldn't put robbie much over ron. they're both daft.

creationists think evolution is a bacteria giving birth to a giraffe. that's how little they know about the subject.
    Right. But Robbie actually wrote that "If you don't know what you're talking about, then shut, and stay shut." Perhaps Rob doesn't follow his advice himself (which it inself is a bit schizoid), but Ron think he has the right to lie, even when he knows he lies. That makes Ron to a despicable person. Rob has some honour left. Rob knows when he is on thin ice.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 09:47
    all bacteria aren't one species. new species of bacteria are evolving all the time, the one i linked to evolved in under laboratory observation. not only did they speciate, they evolved a completely new ability. this is way beyond mere adaptation that ignorant creationists like to bawl out.

if there was no evolution, we would have eliminated all disease by now. but since bacteria keep evolving, we need to keep finding new ways to kill them.
    they are still bacteria and not evolving into something else.
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 11:04
    my my the insults are flying today, and actually i brought this very species to the
    attention of Andrew Hamilton when he used to frequent the site !
    Not at all, those were the terms you used to describe yourself remember. As for the other thread, if that's what you're alluding to, i'm merely firing back language that you had used in the thread previously. 🙂
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 11:07
    Are you saying you do not understand 'classification of species' and you don't accept that the theory of evolution provides a long-term genetic platform for one species, through natural selection over millions of years to become so changed, that it would be re-classified as a different species?
    I am well read regarding the theory of evolution my good man.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 16:23
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I am well read regarding the theory of evolution my good man.
    You apparently never learned to understand what you read. You should
    have started with the Holy Bible. 😏
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 18:14
    You apparently never learned to understand what you read. You should
    have started with the Holy Bible. {moron symbol deleted}
    Whenever you've read about evolution and understood it, then come back, or shut and stay shut (according to robbie).
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 18:17
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Whenever you've read about evolution and understood it, then come back, or shut and stay shut (according to robbie).
    The only thing to understand about evolution is that it doesn't happen. 😏
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 18:25
    The only thing to understand about evolution is that it doesn't happen. {moron symbol deleted}
    And by that you prove that you don't understand evolution.

Shut, and stay shut (according to robbie)
  14. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 18:27
    they are still bacteria and not evolving into something else.
    which is 100% consistent with the predictions made by the theory of evolution.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 19:00

You are confusing evolution, which does not occur, with adaptation, which does.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree