1. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 13:21
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Ok, Ok, my conclusion was bogus (in the most liberal sense). However, macroevolution does not need to be observed it can be inferred. From the available evidence (i.e. fossils) we can make [flimsy-semi-plausible] inferences about a species development. There is however, no biological reaon why macro-evolution is impossible. This is what I meant by "evolution is true".
    Much better to say evolution is a valid scientific Theory.
  2. Joined
    30 Mar '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 13:25
    Of Course evolutions is false!

If were TRUE, we would be evolving into a higher(?) species!
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 13:56
    Originally posted by Nosrac
    Of Course evolutions is false!

If were TRUE, we would be evolving into a higher(?) species!
    No, why do you conclude that? And how do you know we arent anyway? (Can I take your terrible grammer to mean that english is not your mother tongue?)
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 14:02
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    1 so called "macro evolution" is observed in the fossil record.

2 nothing to do with toe

Please enjoy your religion but don't confuse your religion's foundation myths with reality
    1 so called "macro evolution" is observed in the fossil record.

The fossil record is interpreted from the premise that macro-evolution did take place. Circular reasoning at best.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 14:05
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, why do you conclude that? And how do you know we arent anyway? (Can I take your terrible grammer to mean that english is not your mother tongue?)
    And how do you know we arent anyway?

As you have made the claim that we are evolving , the burden of proof is yours.
  6. Joined
    30 Mar '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 17:18
    Ok, but how old are the fossils?
    Now if they are BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of years old, as Carl Sagan proposes,
    that is incorrect.
    Macroevolution? I don't know.
    Have to read more on it.
    What version of the bible do you have?
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 17:33
    Originally posted by Nosrac
    Ok, but how old are the fossils?
    Now if they are BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of years old, as Carl Sagan proposes,
    that is incorrect.
    Macroevolution? I don't know.
    Have to read more on it.
    What version of the bible do you have?
    Dude! Just here for the scintillating conversation?
  8. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 18:28
    😵

I think it might take a while for the theists to bamboozle their way out of this one.
    Please stop wasting your time arguing against theists who are creationists. Anyone who can't accept the overwhelming evidence for evolution and prefers to interpret literally what is obviously a mythical Genesis story (however spiritually relevant it might be) is not likely to listen to reason anyway. Notice how easily you use the word theist when I guess you really mean creationist. There are plenty of theists out there who don't have a problem with evolution and don't have to bamboozle their way out of anything.
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 19:46
    😵

I think it might take a while for the theists to bamboozle their way out of this one.
    Most informed theists have no dispute with evolution.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 19:51
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Please stop wasting your time arguing against theists who are creationists. Anyone who can't accept the overwhelming evidence for evolution and prefers to interpret literally what is obviously a mythical Genesis story (however spiritually relevant it might be) is not likely to listen to reason anyway. Notice how easily you use the word theist when I gu ...[text shortened]... ho don't have a problem with evolution and don't have to bamboozle their way out of anything.
    As long as don't somehow think that your theory is a fact and somehow disproves Creation.

It is simply a preferd belief, disguised as Science, which cannot be demonstrated in the lab or reproduced as anything 'Scientific' should be.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 19:55
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Most informed theists have no dispute with evolution.
    I would totally agree with you if you would put an 'un' before the 'informed' and a 'macro' before 'evolution'. 😉
  12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 20:011 edit
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    I would totally agree with you if you would put an 'un' before the 'informed' and a 'macro' before 'evolution'. 😉
    Thank goodness that you disagree. If you agreed with me, it would create self-doubt.

On matters of religion and science, if you've typed a single informed post, I missed it.

BTW, literalists and fundamentalists, as well as members of your cult, are not among those generally recognized by the term "informed."
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 20:142 edits
    Thank goodness that you disagree. If you agreed with me, it would create self-doubt.

On matters of religion and science, if you've typed a single informed post, I missed it.

BTW, literalists and fundamentalists, as well as members of your cult, are not among those generally recognized by the term "informed."
    I'm so happy for you that you are among the 'informed'.

Just a pity that you never seem to show the 'uninformed' the right way.

Btw: Were you referring to the Bible cult?
  14. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 20:23
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Just a pity that you never seem to show the 'uninformed' the right way.
    I've have repeatedly addressed your errors clearly and succinctly. Yet, you persist in them.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 20:26
    I've have repeatedly addressed your errors clearly and succinctly. Yet, you persist in them.
    Which errors are you referring to?

My beliefs?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree