1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 03:29
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    .. , ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. Matt 5:20

Righteousness = godliness and good works = love and charity to others

These are the words of Jesus Christ. No righteousness means No entry into Gods Kingdom

Here are the words of Jaywill and many others :

"Just confess that you believe in Christ with your mouth you will ...[text shortened]... important. You will still enter into the Kingdom. "

Who do you trust? Christ or Jaywill?
    But.........Our Righteousness is only because Christ bestows it upon us.

🙂

Manny
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 03:43
    Originally posted by menace71
    But.........Our Righteousness is only because Christ bestows it upon us.

🙂

Manny
    Notice also that he refers to Matthew 5:20. Here it is:

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

One thing he ignores is the fact that the scribes and Pharisees did not believe in or have faith in Christ Jesus. Therefore, they could not obtain the righteousness of Christ, but had to depend on their own righteousness, which would be like filty rags in heaven, according to Isaiah and the apostle Paul.

The Instructor
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 04:00
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Notice also that he refers to Matthew 5:20. Here it is:

[b]For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

One thing he ignores is the fact that the scribes and Pharisees did not believe in or have faith in Christ Jesus. Therefore ...[text shortened]... would be like filty rags in heaven, according to Isaiah and the apostle Paul.

The Instructor[/b]
    True.....the thing is this once in Christ you will do the deeds of righteousness that Christ has laid out for us and you will know them by their fruit. I think in this modern age there is the trap of easy believeism but who after truly encountering the Living Christ will not out of a heart of gratitude want to do these things that Raj999 speaks of ?

Manny
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 06:51
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Isaiah says no such thing.

Its a core principle of your faith.
    Christ said the opposite.
    There are many apparent contradictions in the bible; it is a mistake to lean heavily on side of a representation or single aspect when in doing so you lose the whole picture. You strike me as being a particularly hard and unforgiving individual and when I see what it is you believe about the gospel I can understand why. You seem to have confused the command for obedience and good works which follow faith, with faith itself. In doing so you have exchanged the good news of your salvation through faith in the completed work of Jesus Christ, with a lie that tells you to earn your salvation through your own effort.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree