Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Aug '12 15:31
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Why does God try to kill Moses?

http://www.bricktestament.com/exodus/god_attacks_moses/ex04_24b.html
    No, no, no...

Exodus 4:21 And the LORD said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go.
    Exodus 4:22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel [is] my son, [even] my firstborn:
    Exodus 4:23 And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, [even] thy firstborn.
    Exodus 4:24 ¶ And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him.
    Exodus 4:25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast [it] at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband [art] thou to me.

God sought to kill Moses' son, because he was not circumsized. His wife, however, stepped in and took care of business. This was something that Moses should have had done years before, but had neglected to do so, and so his wife was not pleased with him.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Aug '12 16:34
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    God sought to kill Moses' son, because he was not circumsized. His wife, however, stepped in and took care of business. This was something that Moses should have had done years before, but had neglected to do so, and so his wife was not pleased with him.
    So God kills innocent children because of the crimes of their fathers?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Aug '12 16:54
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It wouldn't have been the first time, nor the last.

I think if God told you to your face to do something, you should probably do it.

It's good that you recognize that the child was innocent. As such, if he was killed, he'd probably get an express trip to Heaven. The time the kid spent on Earth wouldn't even be a blip in his memory before too long.
  5. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    03 Aug '12 17:13
    yeah, biblegod is an abomination. it surprises me that there are still reasonable people who worship such a nasty piece of dung.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Aug '12 17:36
    I think if God told you to your face to do something, you should probably do it.
    No, my son should do it because he is the one that will get punished by bizzaro God.
  7. England
    Moves
    03 Aug '12 18:101 edit
    as in Sodom they were sinning greatly but they must have had new born. whats the problem. In the OT it was common for the sins of the farthers to be passed to a third generation.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Aug '12 18:46
    Originally posted by stoker
    whats the problem. In the OT it was common for the sins of the farthers to be passed to a third generation.
    That's the problem. I do not believe that I am in any way responsible for the sins of my father and I call into question the morals of anyone who does think that way.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '12 19:492 edits
    It wouldn't have been the first time, nor the last.

It's good that you recognize that the child was innocent. As such, if he was killed, he'd probably get an express trip to Heaven. The time the kid spent on Earth wouldn't even be a blip in his memory before too long.
    Deleted reply.
  10. England
    Moves
    03 Aug '12 20:50
    That's the problem. I do not believe that I am in any way responsible for the sins of my father and I call into question the morals of anyone who does think that way.
    As stated that was OT not NT teachings. You are responsible for your sins not your parents etc.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Aug '12 12:04
    Moses loved his son and the loss of his son would be punishment. It probably also has more significance in the relationship between Moses and God.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '12 12:31
    I think if God told you to your face to do something, you should probably do it..
    How would you know that the person telling you [to your face] to do something was God?
  13. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    04 Aug '12 12:32
    What absolute ridiculous bulls**t
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Aug '12 14:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    How would you know that the person telling you [to your face] to do something was God?
    Moses beleived the One telling him to do something was God because of the fact of His miraculous appearing and the fact that God told him who He was. However, that might not be good enough for some people.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '12 14:44
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Moses beleived the One telling him to do something was God because of the fact of His miraculous appearing and the fact that God told him who He was. However, that might not be good enough for some people.
    How would Suzianne know that the person telling her [to her face] to do something was God?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree