Exodus 4:24

Exodus 4:24

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
05 Aug 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
The "you" I was using was a generic "you". It was not the 2nd person (twhitehead) "you". I was saying that certainly Moses knew it was God.
Who does this "generic you" include? twhitehead, me, you, avalanchethecat, jaywill, RJHinds, Agerg?

F

Moves
05 Aug 12

Again, this shows how you are expert at twisting words and bringing emphasis to something unconnected and unimportant and off the topic at hand...
Off the topic? I am talking about Exodus 4:24, about Moses, about his son, about the motivation for the son's murder, the role of "God", and why we cannot just take for granted the veracity or credibility of Moses' perception of why and what he was being told to do, and by whom. My posts have been about Exodus 4:24; your replies have mostly been you making personal remarks about me.

s

England

Moves
05 Aug 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
So was it a reasonable moral stance by God at the time?
seems so

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
Off the topic? I am talking about Exodus 4:24, about Moses, about his son, about the motivation for the son's murder, the role of "God", and why we cannot just take for granted the veracity or credibility of Moses' perception of why and what he was being told to do, and by whom. My posts have been about Exodus 4:24; your replies have mostly been you making personal remarks about me.
No. Your posts have been about some weird tangent asking How would I know it was God if God talked to me, as if I was a child.

And yes, we CAN take for granted the credibility of Moses' perception of who was talking to him. This wasn't the first time God talked to Moses. Of course it was God talking to Moses and of course Moses knew it was God. The OP was not asking Who. He was asking Why. I hope I answered his question to his satisfaction before you interrupted with your tangent surfing.

And stop trying to shift to me the blame of trolling the thread.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
Who does this "generic you" include? twhitehead, me, you, avalanchethecat, jaywill, RJHinds, Agerg?
Teaching you grammar is not my job.

F

Moves
05 Aug 12
1 edit

No. Your posts have been about some weird tangent asking How would I know it was God if God talked to me, as if I was a child.
I am not asking how you would know "as if [you] were a child"; I am asking you - as an adult - how you would know it was God if God talked to you [that being a "generic you" or a 2nd person "you", take your pick].

The OP was not asking Who. He was asking Why.

And I am basically asking 'why' too, and if you are unable to understand what bearing 'who' has on this, or if you think 'oh that's a given' suffices, then what is the value of your little thought game feedback loop? It's a kind of 'the son had to die because the son had to die' thing.