Experiences form yearbook 2013, Jehovahs Witness

Experiences form yearbook 2013, Jehovahs Witness

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
07 Feb 13
6 edits

Originally posted by LemonJello
Gee, you could always try simply addressing the actual substance of Lee's claims against your organization directly in an attempt to lay those claims to rest. You know, attempt to engage in some good old rational critical thought. Alas, that's not how cult members are conditioned to respond. Hell, by your own admission, you have no interest in even rea ...[text shortened]... u are, bringing all manner of non-relevance to bear on Lee's book. No big surprises here....
this is the work we are engaged in, one does not stop to kick every dog that barks at us, perhaps you would like to substantiate your own claims, deplorable cult was it not that you stated, will you now tell the forum what is deplorable about the works that we are currently engaged in and which i detailed here? thanks.

yes here they are, you termed me and I quote, 'an intellectual slave in the grips of a deplorable cult',

deplorable, perhaps you would like to tell the forum what is deplorable about these exerts that i posted, which makes us intellectual slaves in a deplorable cult, your words.

F

Moves
07 Feb 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
any of the haters care to comment on this evil cult practice of providing literature for
the blind? free of charge?
Why do you use the words "hate", "hatred" and "hater" so often when talking to other people in this community, robbie?

L

Moves
08 Feb 13

this is the work we are engaged in, one does not stop to kick every dog that barks at us, perhaps you would like to substantiate your own claims, deplorable cult was it not that you stated, will you now tell the forum what is deplorable about the works that we are currently engaged in and which i detailed here? thanks.

yes here they are, you ter ...[text shortened]... ese exerts that i posted, which makes us intellectual slaves in a deplorable cult, your words.
We all know you have no actual interest to engage in critical thought or constructive dialogue concerning the net effect of your cherished organization. After all, if you had any actual interest thereof, you wouldn't automatically dismiss out of hand accounts such as Lee's and refer to such persons blanketly as evil unrepentant wrongdoers.

Again, no one is surprised here that this is the manner in which you would respond to such an account. It is more or less precisely what I would expect from a cult member conditioned with a persecution complex, as well as an ingroup mentality that trumps any virtuous displays or prosocial attitudes towards outsiders, as well as a lack of respect for critical thought or questioning attitude. No one is suprised that you show absolutely no remorse or compassion for Lee. No one is surprised that you have no actual motivation to hear her account or to try to understand her situation from any quasi-objective viewpoint. No one is surprised that you have nothing of actual relevance to say about her account.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
08 Feb 13

In 2011, Jehovah’s Witnesses helped more than 5,700 people to become literate.

This is what has been happening in some countries:

Ghana: During the past 25 years, we have helped more than 9,000 learn to read
and write.

Mozambique: More than 19,000 have learned to read over the past 15 years. A
student named Felizarda said: “It makes me ...[text shortened]... own name!

any of the haters tell us why offering literacy classes free of charge is so evil?
Teaching people to read is cool.....However let them read anything they want and have free will and that would be double cool

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
08 Feb 13

It is getto slang at least here in the US The expression "Haters gonna Hate" and "Stop drinking Hateraid" and "Don't hate the player Hate the game"

Manny

Cape Town

Moves
08 Feb 13

Zambia: Since 2002, nearly 12,000 have improved their literacy skills. Agnes, who
is 82 years old, says: “When congregation literacy classes were announced,
I was happy to enroll. At the first lesson, I learned to write my own name!

any of the haters tell us why offering literacy classes free of charge is so evil?
There is nothing evil about education. Sadly, most of the JWs on this site seem uninterested in receiving one.
As for education in Zambia, one JW I knew when to a Catholic school like I did. So I encourage you to expand your education program there. Do you offer education to non-JWs? Are you willing to teach literacy without pushing your religion?

Moves
08 Feb 13

For more than 100 years, the Witnesses have produced Bible-based publications for
the blind, and these are now available in 19 languages. Though interested blind
people can have these publications without charge, many make a voluntary
donation.

The Witnesses have developed a computer program that is capable of transcribing
text into Brail ...[text shortened]... e to comment on this evil cult practice of providing literature for
the blind? free of charge?
When you say "Bible based publications" you actually mean JW literature. Do you want to be congratulated for promoting your own religion?

Moves
08 Feb 13

I think I'm being shunned

😵

Moves
08 Feb 13

Originally posted by LemonJello
We all know you have no actual interest to engage in critical thought or constructive dialogue concerning the net effect of your cherished organization. After all, if you had any actual interest thereof, you wouldn't automatically dismiss out of hand accounts such as Lee's and refer to such persons blanketly as evil unrepentant wrongdoers.

Again, no ...[text shortened]... oint. No one is surprised that you have nothing of actual relevance to say about her account.
You can come again.