1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 17:17
    Why do you fail to show the truth of the pagan origin of the trinity? It would seem if you want the truth of it to be shown, this fact would be included.
    You can twist the scriptures until your blue in the face but the facts are the facts and it is of pagan origin and not ever taught in the Bible...

http://www.louisiana-lcg.org/miscellaneous/gntwo.html

http://www.heraldmag.org/olb/Contents/doctrine/The%20Origin%20of%20the%20Trinity.htm

http://www.christadelphia.org/trinityhistory.htm

http://www.truegospelofjesus.org/articles/trinity.html

http://www.watchtower.org/e/ti/article_04.htm

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/christian/TPDHS5MM0B1M49O7I
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 20:36
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    In what way is the Doctrine of the Trinity error?
    As in "hear oh Israel the LORD your God is ONE" type of error.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 23:10
    Originally posted by divegeester
    As in "hear oh Israel the LORD your God is ONE" type of error.
    I covered that when I said, "God is One and God Is More Than One."
    😏
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 23:14
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Why do you fail to show the truth of the pagan origin of the trinity? It would seem if you want the truth of it to be shown, this fact would be included.
    You can twist the scriptures until your blue in the face but the facts are the facts and it is of pagan origin and not ever taught in the Bible...

http://www.louisiana-lcg.org/miscellaneous/gntwo.h ...[text shortened]... tower.org/e/ti/article_04.htm

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/christian/TPDHS5MM0B1M49O7I
    You misunderstand the difference between a trinity of three gods and a Trinity of One God. 😏
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 01:111 edit
    My explanation of the Doctrine of the Trinity:

The Holy Bible describes the Angels worshipping God with Holy, Holy, Holy.
    One Holy for each of the three persons of the Godhead.

God is One and God Is More Than One.

God is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

God is the Word that became flesh and is known by most as Jesus the Christ, the Son ...[text shortened]... me of God
    Praise the Lord! -- Our Lord is Christ Jesus (Yahshua - Yah saves)
    Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Holy is simply being emphasised three times which shows God complete holyness. 3 is used in the Bible for emphasis on many occasions.
    The term holyness being used 3 times is never used that way with that word on any one else.....
    It has nothing to do with the pagan trinity and that is not even a good try on your part to make things up.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 01:12
    You misunderstand the difference between a trinity of three gods and a Trinity of One God. 😏
    Lol...whatever.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 01:13
    😏
    So are you more the none even though you are one? Of course not but I know the trinity people can't understand that complicated math.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 02:551 edit
    So are you more the none even though you are one? Of course not but I know the trinity people can't understand that complicated math.
    Did you bother to look at the two videos on the dimensions and scientific evidence of the Trinity Doctrine? That should give you a better understanding.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 04:501 edit
    Did you bother to look at the two videos on the dimensions and scientific evidence of the Trinity Doctrine? That should give you a better understanding.
    Yes I've seen them and many more like it. Still proves nothing but the twisting and addition of words and thoughts that are not scriptural.
    History proves where this doctrine came from no matter how much you refuse to see it.
    If it were truth, it would be supported all through the Bible and that simply does not happen.
    The Hebrew scriptures 100 % supports that God is (((((((((((((((( 1 ))))))))))))))) god, not a 3 in 1 being. All of god's people never even considered this thought and never expressed it anywhere in the Bible.
    If it were truth you'd think that there would at least be one scripture somewhere in the Bible that would say: God is a three in one God. Or Jehovah, and Jesus and the holy spirit are in reality all the same being.
    Or they are all equal or all knowing or all powerful as trinitarians claim.
    BUT NOTHING in even one scripture ever even hints of such a being.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 05:39
    Yes I've seen them and many more like it. Still proves nothing but the twisting and addition of words and thoughts that are not scriptural.
    History proves where this doctrine came from no matter how much you refuse to see it.
    If it were truth, it would be supported all through the Bible and that simply does not happen.
    The Hebrew scriptures 100 % s ...[text shortened]... l as trinitarians claim.
    BUT NOTHING in even one scripture ever even hints of such a being.
    There is nowhere in the Holy Bible that says what you want it to say, because your understanding is untrue. The Holy Bible is a book of truth and you are the same as "flat man" trying to understand a being with more than two dimensions.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 06:001 edit
    Please feel free to show in scripture where God ever said "I am more than one" as you claim he is.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 06:331 edit
    Please feel free to show in scripture where God ever said "I am more than one" as you claim he is.
    Like I said to galveston75, God doesn't say exactlly what you want, but it can be deduced from what He has said.

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
    (Genesis 1:26-27 NKJV)

The Hebrew word translated God is in the plural, meaning more than one. From these two verses it can be established by logic that God is One and He is more than One. We also see God referring to Himself as Us and Our. It also says that when God created man that He created them, male and female, in His Own image.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 06:531 edit
    God doesn't say exactlly what you want, but it can be deduced from what He has said.
    So although God goes to great lengths in scripture, stating repeatedly and precisely over and over and over again ... "I AM ONE"; you can "deduce" that he is in fact "many"?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 07:37
    So although God goes to great lengths in scripture, stating repeatedly and precisely over and over and over again ... "I AM ONE"; you can "deduce" that he is in fact "many"?
    It is clear that God is One and God is also more than One in some way. It is the Son of God that reveals how God is also more than One. God is more than One in persons. Christ, the Son of God, after His resurrection said that all authority in heaven and earth has been given to Me. Therefore, go baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This is how we get the Trinity. Three persons in One God.

15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '12 22:21
    Therefore, go baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
    And what is "the name (singular) of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit?"

PS you mised out the second and third "of".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree