1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 06:171 edit
    When in Genesis God says "Let us make man in our image" Who is God talking to?

Manny
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 06:272 edits
    Originally posted by menace71

Manny
    I don't know; angelic beings perhaps.

It's irrelevant though; God has said unequivocally over and over again; I AM ONE. Whatever doctrinal swirl has been generated over the centuries in order to explain other anomalies in order to help people feel comfortable is secondary to the core essence of God's persona.

What do you say is "the name (singular) of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit?"
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 08:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Bump for RJ Hinds

[b]Originally posted by RJHinds
    Therefore, go baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

And what is "the name (singular) of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit?"

PS you mised out the second and third "of".[/b]
    Yah -- Yahshua -- Jesus. Take your pick. It is like Ron -- Ronald -- Ronnie.
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 11:461 edit

Manny
    Jesus, who else? The Bible is clear that the Christ is the only begotten son, because he
    was the only entity directly created by God, all other things having been created
    through the Christ. Col 1:15.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 15:11

Manny
    Just the point here Manny. He was talking to another being, not himself but to someone else.
    We think someone is crazy if they talk to themselves don't we? So get the point....
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 15:12
    Bump for RJ Hinds

[b]Originally posted by RJHinds
    Therefore, go baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

And what is "the name (singular) of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit?"

PS you mised out the second and third "of".[/b]
    I've asked them that over and over. If all three have names as the trinity says, what is the name of the Holy Spirit?
  7. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 16:32
    Explaining the Trinity?
    Easy.
    JC, the old man and spook.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '12 19:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yah -- Yahshua -- Jesus. Take your pick. It is like Ron -- Ronald -- Ronnie.
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
    You agree that Jesus is the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit. Cool.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Jul '12 22:33
    Ian not an "unbeliever", as you put it.

In response to RJHinds comment ... what would you say is "the name (singular) of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit?"
    Did I say you were an unbeliever?

It it easy to find out though. You can take the test in the privacy of your own heart. Just ask yourself this question: What do I believe? If your answer is "God", then you're a believer.

But if you start jerking around with the answer, then maybe you better re-examine your faith.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Jul '12 22:36

Manny
    Whoever was listening! 🙄 😉
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 01:004 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I've asked them that over and over. If all three have names as the trinity says, what is the name of the Holy Spirit?

If a man calls upon the name of Jesus to receive Jesus, Jesus will enter into him as the Holy Spirit.

The name of the Holy Spirit is surely "Lord Jesus".

"The last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

At the Watchtower they teach you nothing about the subjective God because they do not know the subjective indwelling of God. They only know the objective God of Genesis 1:1. They do not know anything about the God who operates IN you upon being born again ...

"For it is God who operates IN YOU both the willing and the working for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13)

You know nothing about God being dispensed INTO man for man's regeneration. And they teach you nothing about Christ being the life giving Spirit to indwell man in the new birth.

All they teach you in the JWs is the outward and objective God who is coming with a great kingdom on the planet. You do not have the full gospel.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 11:31
    Today the objective God has gone through a process to become the subjective God who can indwell His people. He is not longer just the "raw" God of Genesis 1:1 - objective and up there, out there as an object of our worship. God has passed through a process of -

incarnation
    human living
    death
    resurrection
    ascension

in order to become the indwelling, compunded, rich, all-inclusive life giving Spirit. He comes into man as the Holy Spirit to support us from within in any particular situation.

His riches have been prepared and compounded into the "life giving Spirit" - "the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45). So Paul says that his situation will turn to salvation ... "through the bountiful supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ" (Phil. 1:19)

These steps of incarnation, human living, death, resurrection, ascension were steps in the process God went through to compound all His riches into the bountiful Holy Spirit to indwell man. Now the God of Genesis 1:1 can impart His life into man so that man can actually live Christ.

I do not say we merely live for Christ.
    I do not say we merely live unto Christ.

The Triune God has made it possible for us to live Christ. That is to have the living Person of Christ be imparted into our spiritual being that we can live in union with this Person.

It is something like power steering in the modern automobile. Paul says then that our salvation is the indwelling and operating God -

"So then, my beloved, ... work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; For it is God who ooperates in you both the willing and the working for His good pleasure." (Phil. 2:12,13)

Interestingly, Paul does not say it is Christ in you. Though he certainly says that too elsewhere. Interestingly also, Paul does not say here that it is the Holy Spirit in you. Though Paul does say that elsewhere.

But here in Philippians 2:13 Paul says that it is GOD who operates in you. He wants the Christians to be certain that it is the dispensing of God Himself into their beings as the all-inclusive and bountiful Spirit of Jesus Christ. This is God Himself.

What a marvelous salvation!
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 14:59
    Originally posted by josephw
    Did I say you were an unbeliever?
    It sounded like it. Here is your reply to my post earlier [the relevant part]:

"The problem with the unbeliever, and those who belong to religious institutions that listen to the words of men rather than the words of God, is that no matter how hard they try they can neither explain nor understand the Godhead.

You will never know anything about God unless it is REVEALED to you by God Himself, through His Word by the power of the Holy Ghost."

You replied to me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree