1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    21 Oct '09 16:16
    For certain people that are accustomed to being wrong--wrong answers in algebra, poor grades in biology, failure to understand cause and effect in history, inability to find a winning plan in a chess game--there is psychological comfort, indeed a sense of triumph, in the sense that one is correct on the basis of nothing more than belief in a myth.

I Corinthians 1:18-19
  2. Maryland
    Moves
    21 Oct '09 17:53
    Wrong!
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 Oct '09 18:46
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Wrong!
    Holy crap that's funny.
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 13:46
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Wrong!
    Only if you misread it.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 20:09
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    For certain people that are accustomed to being wrong--wrong answers in algebra, poor grades in biology, failure to understand cause and effect in history, inability to find a winning plan in a chess game--there is psychological comfort, indeed a sense of triumph, in the sense that one is correct on the basis of nothing more than belief in a myth.

How do you know that?
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 23:121 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    How do you know that?
    Observation: the arrogance of misguided myth believers that did poorly in school.

Especially folks that are flat wrong on certain matters of biology, history, and other fundamental disciplines.
  7. Illinois
    Moves
    23 Oct '09 00:021 edit
    Originally posted by Wulebgr

Are you insinuating that only stupid people believe in Jesus Christ? You might be hard pressed establishing that as fact.

EDIT: 1 Corinthians 1:18-19 does not condone anti-intellectualism or undermine the value of intelligence. What it does assert is that the simple message of the Gospel is more powerful than all the philosophy and wisdom in the entire godless world. No other message has the power to save. Those who rely upon the world's wisdom rather than God's wisdom will be perpetually frustrated by the simple message of the Cross; it will seem like foolishness to them.

One need not be particularly intelligent to disbelieve the message of the Gospel.
  8. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    23 Oct '09 00:17
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    Are you insinuating that only stupid people believe in Jesus Christ? You might be hard pressed establishing that as fact.
    No

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree