1. Hell
    Moves
    08 Apr '06 22:15
    Could it be that the fire of hell is symbolic of all-consuming, or thorough, destruction? Separating fire from Hades, or hell, the Scriptures say: "Death and Hades were hurled into the lake of fire." "The lake" mentioned here is symbolic, since death and hell (Hades) that are thrown into it cannot literally be burned. "This [lake of fire] means the second death"—death from which there is no hope of coming back to life.—Revelation 20:14.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 04:19
    Originally posted by GalvatronMegatron
    Could it be that the fire of hell is symbolic of all-consuming, or thorough, destruction? Separating fire from Hades, or hell, the Scriptures say: "Death and Hades were hurled into the lake of fire." "The lake" mentioned here is symbolic, since death and hell (Hades) that are thrown into it cannot literally be burned. "This [lake of fire] means the second death"—death from which there is no hope of coming back to life.—Revelation 20:14.
    Well, given the ground you're covering "could it be?" is a question that nearly always merits an affirmative response.

I like the interpretation though. Does not having actual fire make Hell suck any less?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 04:26
    Did you know hell is actually cooler then hell (temperature wise that is)?
    One of my books gives me these references in the bible but the translations are so old they probably dont apply to NRV bibles.

Hell: Revelations 1. 28- Revelations describes hell as the "lake which burn with fire and brimstone". Brimstone sublimes into gas at a temperature of 445 degress C. So the temperature would be about this.

Heaven: Isaiah 30. 26- In heaven "the light of the sun shall be sevenfold" which would give an estimated temperature of 495 degrees C (similar to Mars).

Thus heaven should be hotter then hell (by 50 degrees celcius).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree