1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 May '14 23:081 edit
    There are many prophecies of the Bible that are not fulfilled at one time like the Tyre prophecy. Jesus fulfilled portions of prophecies in His first coming and is due to fulfilled the remainder during His second coming. So we can take the detailed fulfillment of some prophecies as assurance that all will eventually be fulfilled.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 May '14 14:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There are many prophecies of the Bible that are not fulfilled at one time like the Tyre prophecy. Jesus fulfilled portions of prophecies in His first coming and is due to fulfilled the remainder during His second coming. So we can take the detailed fulfillment of some prophecies as assurance that all will eventually be fulfilled.
    Sure, and pigs will fly too....
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 May '14 14:14
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Sure, and pigs will fly too....
    Then, just wait and see. But it might be too late.
  4. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 May '14 14:42
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    ...Tyre which was destroyed--- dismantled, razed--- was a powerful city-state of Phoenicia.
    The Tyre which exists today is a port city in Lebanon, the original island still unoccupied.
    What was once a traditional center for commerce and culture was wiped off the face of the planet, silenced...
    Tyre is an ancient Phoenician city [...] Today it is the fourth largest city in
    Lebanon[4] and houses one of the nation's major ports
    . Tourism is a major industry.
    The city has a number of ancient sites, including its Roman Hippodrome which was added
    to UNESCO's list of World Heritage Sites in 1979.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyre,_Lebanon

Wanna try again? 😕
  5. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 May '14 14:45
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    God can and will defend himself and his teachings if and when he so chooses and will do it to specific people.
    Well, I guess it takes a specific kind. 🙄
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 May '14 14:491 edit
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Tyre is an ancient Phoenician city [...] Today it is the [b]fourth largest city in
    The city has a number of ancient sites, including its Roman Hippodrome which was added

Wanna try again? 😕[/b]
    Show me were there is an Island city of Tyre? The one that Alexander the Great destroyed, where is it? I bet it is sunk in the sea.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 May '14 14:52
    Show me were there is an Island city of Tyre? The one that Alexander the Great destroyed, where is it? I bet it is sunk in the sea.
    You mean like during the world wide flood?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '14 14:56
    it was fine for the fish but the frogs were tom ducked lucky for me Badgers are Brilliant Raft builders.
  9. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 May '14 15:25
    Nope, it's apparently still there. 😕

http://www.middleeast.com/tyre.htm
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 May '14 20:43
    Tyre is an ancient Phoenician city [...] Today it is the [b]fourth largest city in

Wanna try again? 😕[/b]
    As I pointed out, the city of Tyre which exists today is decidedly not the city which previously existed--- and we are speaking merely metaphysically-speaking--- nor does it occupy the same area once occupied by Tyre of yore.

If the entire city of New York were destroyed as the nation known as the United States of America came to its close, any city eventually erected by another nation could call their city "New York," but it wouldn't be the same.

In the case of this prophecy, the condemnation was on a very prominent city-state of the very prominent nation of Phoenicia.
    Owing to the resident's arrogance toward their some-time trading partner, God told them they would be wiped out and off the globe.
    Their entire city was wiped out, the major part of the city's previous domain to this day remains unoccupied.
    What eventually was built upon a portion of the city's former area is the result of a completely different nation.
    And being the fourth largest city in Lebanon is nowhere near the lofty status Tyre of Phoenicia used to enjoy, neither in terms of economy or culture.

Apples and oranges, really.
  11. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 May '14 23:13
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    As I pointed out, the city of Tyre which exists today is decidedly not the city which previously existed--- and we are speaking merely metaphysically-speaking--- nor does it occupy the same area once occupied by Tyre of yore.

If the entire city of New York were destroyed as the nation known as the United States of America came to its close, any c ...[text shortened]... Phoenicia used to enjoy, neither in terms of economy or culture.

Apples and oranges, really.
    The city of tyre is built in parts on top of the old cities of tyre. The prophecy states that the
    cities will be laid to waste, for fishing nets (or whatever) and never rebuilt, but it's been
    rebuilt several times, at that same location.

The island is now connected to the main land thanks to alexander's land bridge, around
    which sediment has accumulated to make the island part of the main land. So even though
    the prophecy states that the city of tyre will be under water and never found again, ancient
    buildings from the city are above water and obviously they've been found again.

It's a failed prophecy.

http://www.ancient.eu.com/Tyre/
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 May '14 07:29
    No the worldwide flood came before the two cities states of Tyre.
  13. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 May '14 07:35
    No the worldwide flood came before the two cities states of Tyre.
    Not if the flood took place between 4000-4500 years ago it didn't.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 May '14 07:35
    Nope, it's apparently still there. 😕

http://www.middleeast.com/tyre.htm
    Your reference says the following:

Tyre originally consisted of a mainland settlement and a modest island city that lay a short distance off shore.

The ruins on the mainland are still there to visit, however the island city is not there any longer.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 May '14 07:40
    The city of tyre is built in parts on top of the old cities of tyre. The prophecy states that the
    cities will be laid to waste, for fishing nets (or whatever) and never rebuilt, but it's been
    rebuilt several times, at that same location.

The island is now connected to the main land thanks to alexander's land bridge, around
    which sediment has accumula ...[text shortened]... bviously they've been found again.

It's a failed prophecy.

http://www.ancient.eu.com/Tyre/
    The prophecy of the city of Tyre Fulfilled.

http://www.padfield.com/1994/tyre.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree