Faith

SubscriberRajk999
Spirituality 22 May '11 00:58
  1. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 May '11 00:58
    Do you have faith ? Yes ??

Mat_17:20 And Jesus said .. If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

The smallest amount of faith can move a mountain. Can you move a mountain?

No ? And you are basing your salvation on your weak faith ?? !!

Good Luck.. 😀
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 May '11 20:34
    Originally posted by Rajk999

Mat_17:20 And Jesus said .. If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Good Luck.. 😀
    😕 ...Where are you going with this? Is this just a christian thing or are you addressing everyone?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 May '11 21:05
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    😕 ...Where are you going with this? Is this just a christian thing or are you addressing everyone?
    Im asking Christians if they think they have faith, as defined by Christ.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 May '11 21:16
    Im asking Christians if they think they have faith, as defined by Christ.
    Ok, good luck, I'll just read from the shadows then ...
  5. Illinois
    Moves
    22 May '11 21:211 edit

Good Luck.. 😀
    You are misunderstanding Jesus' teaching here if you think he's saying you don't have faith unless you can literally move mountains with a word. If this were so, the state of the earth's mountain ranges would've been in a state of constant flux for the last two thousand years. God gives us what we ask for if it is in line with His will. If I tell a mountain to move and it does not, therefore, doesn't indicate a lack of saving faith; rather, it may not be God's will that the mountain move at all.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 May '11 21:45
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    You are misunderstanding Jesus' teaching here if you think he's saying you don't have faith unless you can literally move mountains with a word. If this were so, the state of the earth's mountain ranges would've been in a state of constant flux for the last two thousand years. God gives us what we ask for if it is in line with His will. If I te ...[text shortened]... e a lack of saving faith; rather, it may not be God's will that the mountain move at all.
    You are correct. Let me put the issue another way. Will Christ when he returns be happy with the state of our faith?
  7. Illinois
    Moves
    22 May '11 21:48
    You are correct. Let me put the issue another way. Will Christ when he returns be happy with the state of our faith?
    As in, the church in general, or you and I personally?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 May '11 21:50
    As in, the church in general, or you and I personally?
    Christianity in general.
  9. Illinois
    Moves
    22 May '11 21:56
    Christianity in general.
    I'd refer you to the first three chapters of the Book of Revelation where the Lamb of God expresses exactly what he thinks of the efforts of his various churches on earth.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 May '11 22:06
    I'd refer you to the first three chapters of the Book of Revelation where the Lamb of God expresses exactly what he thinks of the efforts of his various churches on earth.
    Thanks ...

What do you think of this verse :

Luke 18:8 ...Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Christ seems to be saying that when he returns he wont find faith on earth.

Im raising all of this becuase many Christians seem to be placing all their trust in their own faith. Im just wondering if this is enough.
  11. Illinois
    Moves
    22 May '11 22:45
    Thanks ...

What do you think of this verse :

Luke 18:8 ...Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Christ seems to be saying that when he returns he wont find faith on earth.

Im raising all of this becuase many Christians seem to be placing all their trust in their own faith. Im just wondering if this is enough.
    As John the Baptist said (Matt 3:8), we must bring forth fruits worthy of true repentance. Jesus said what these fruits would be in Matthew 25—namely, giving food to the hungry, giving drink to the thirsty, giving hospitality to strangers in need, clothing those without clothing, and visiting those in prison; we can probably add caring for widows and the fatherless (James 1:27) to this list as well.

These are the fruits which are worthy of true repentance. In other words, their presence authenticates a confession of faith.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree