1. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 May '07 08:11
    Originally posted by whodey
    As far as being selfish, have you ever given your life for anyone and then gone to hell and back for them?
    If he is alive now then he only lent his life, he did not give it. One of the greatest contradictions in Christianity.

Besides if he thought he was doing it for me he must have been pretty stupid because I don't see any benefit to me. Its like some tax man I have never heard of in some far off country deciding he needs to tax all foreigners including me and then after a few years deciding to give me a tax break and pay it himself so he whips himself soundly and feels much better about himself. Sacrificing yourself to yourself for debts you invented yourself is just plain stupid.
  2. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    16 May '07 11:22
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Which one got crucified by his contempories?
    The one who got crucified by his contemporaries was the one who repeatedly publicly announced they were wrong. They taught a god of vengeance and punishment and he taught a god of love and mercy. They taught that problems, physical abnormalities, birth defects, etc., were all the punishment of a just god against some hidden crime committed by the family. He dismissed that theory. They crucified him to shut him up.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 May '07 11:43
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    The one who got crucified by his contemporaries was the one who repeatedly publicly announced they were wrong. They taught a god of vengeance and punishment and he taught a god of love and mercy. They taught that problems, physical abnormalities, birth defects, etc., were all the punishment of a just god against some hidden crime committed by the family. He dismissed that theory. They crucified him to shut him up.
    I didn't ask why he got crucified. You said "If you had been there at the time and had both options available to you, which would you have chosen?" and the answer is clearly pharaoh unless I was one of the 12 disciples and not all of them stuck with it and there is no real indication that they thought he was God anyway.
  4. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    16 May '07 14:16
    I didn't ask why he got crucified. You said "If you had been there at the time and had both options available to you, which would you have chosen?" and the answer is clearly pharaoh unless I was one of the 12 disciples and not all of them stuck with it and there is no real indication that they thought he was God anyway.
    Sorry. Since you only wrote the question, I didn't realize it was your answer. I'll try to follow along better next time.😞
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 May '07 17:15
    "You will worship no other gods but me ..." God
    Is that selfish? To me it means God wants us to deal in truth not
    lies, and all other 'gods' are lies when they are promoted above the
    one and only God. You simply don't get the order of the universe
    correct when you place something or someone else above God.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree