1. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 21:07
    There are parts that contradict the teachings of Jesus.
    No there aren't most of The New Testament come from The "Teachings Of Jesus".
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 21:11
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    You also dismiss parts of the bible. There are parts that contradict the teachings of Jesus. It seems that when you come across this, you choose to dismiss the teachings of Jesus instead of the other way around. It is you who is "treading on dangerous ground".
    I do not dismiss the teachings of Jesus, thank you!!!! Don't start with stupid comments as they make you look really foolish.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 21:18
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I do not dismiss the teachings of Jesus, thank you!!!! Don't start with stupid comments as they make you look really foolish.
    Sure you do. Your denying it doesn't change anything. Just like when you denied lying about what I said. It was still a lie all the same.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 21:301 edit
    Sure you do. Your denying it doesn't change anything. Just like when you denied lying about what I said. It was still a lie all the same.
    he never lied, you just refused to fess up! is fessing up according to the teachings of Christ? if so, why don't you do it?
  5. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 21:37
    Well verse 3 is where they were asking Jesus what would be some of the signs of the last days of this system. So one of these would be that this slave would now be looked for by Jesus, recognized, and then given futher respondsibilites. Also it would be a group, not one as is mentioned and could not be just all worshipers in general because this group or slaves would be giving out this food or "spiritual food" that is needed for the domestics.
    That is one huge...no gigantic leap you're making there.

Also, one must ask if this is more allegorical or parable in nature? Surely from the nature of the passage, no one could take it as literal. If it is parable, then there would be one good servant and on e bad servant, unlikely. If its allegorical, then there are many good servants, and many bad servants, this one seems far more likely.

If we can agree that its allegory, than we must next determine what the treatment of the fellow servants represents. Is it knocking on the door of strangers to make new converts? I think not, The context lends to the interpretation that the fellow servants are already converts. So what then represents the care and actions of the good servant? Of course spiritual feeding is a given, but their treatment as individuals is of importance as well; the good servant cares for ALL the needs of the masters other servants. From the following chapter Matthew 25: 34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 21:50
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    he never lied, you just refused to fess up! is fessing up according to the teachings of Christ? if so, why don't you do it?
    Sure he did. Read the thread robbie. It's all there in black and white. You guys amaze me in your ability to ignore the facts. It's as if you believe that if you repeat an untruth often enough, it'll make it true.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 21:541 edit
    Sure he did. Read the thread robbie. It's all there in black and white. You guys amaze me in your ability to ignore the facts. It's as if you believe that if you repeat an untruth often enough, it'll make it true.
    you are evading the issue my friend, either it is a Christian obligation to fess up, or it is not. if you had established your position, there would have been no grounds for the insinuation that you have made, no grounds whatsoever. it is not Galveston who has lied, but through a process of construing words, it itself a dishonest and disreputable practise, that the insinuation has been brought. even you yourself could have once for all time, allayed the situation, but you have chosen not to, thus, the insinuation, which forms the very basis of your argument, is false.

however i am conscious that this is off topic and i apologise to the sincere posters for the intrusion.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 22:04
    He's a little 🙄
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 22:06
    you are evading the issue my friend, either it is a Christian obligation to fess up, or it is not. if you had established your position, there would have been no grounds for the insinuation that you have made, no grounds whatsoever. it is not Galveston who has lied, but through a process of construing words, it itself a dishonest and disreputable p ...[text shortened]... i am conscious that this is off topic and i apologise to the sincere posters for the intrusion.
    G75 made an assertion that I made a claim that I did not. The assertion was a lie. No matter how much rhetoric you try to throw at it does not change this fact. Truth is eternal.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 22:09
    He's a little 🙄
    Coming from someone as far removed from truth as you, your opinion is of no value.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 22:121 edit
    G75 made an assertion that I made a claim that I did not. The assertion was a lie. No matter how much rhetoric you try to throw at it does not change this fact. Truth is eternal.
    The Sikhs of northern India also have this saying, Sat skri akal, (truth is eternal)

what was the assertion that you apparently never made?

have you ever considered the fact that he may have misunderstood your intentions, that he is imperfect, that he cannot read your mind, that he has his perceptions and you have yours, that he is a human being for goodness sake!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 22:13
    Coming from someone as far removed from truth as you, your opinion is of no value.
    please keep it above the belt, there is no need for that!
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 22:25
    The Sikhs of northern India also have this saying, Sat skri akal, (truth is eternal)

what was the assertion that you apparently never made?

have you ever considered the fact that he may have misunderstood your intentions, that he is imperfect, that he cannot read your mind, that he has his perceptions and you have yours, that he is a human being for goodness sake!
    Please don't try to play the "he is a human being" card. All he had to do was admit that what he said was untrue and apologize and that would have been the end of it. I prompted him to do so more than one time. But evidently G75 has too much pride.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 22:281 edit
    please keep it above the belt, there is no need for that!
    And there was a call for his "He's a little 🙄" comment?

What's more, you dish it out as much as anyone if not more than most.
  15. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 22:31
    Robbie and G75, niether of you are coming off very well here. It has already been established what happenened, and bickering over it and treating someone so disrespectfully only damages your Christian witness. Peace unto you.

D-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree