1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 00:411 edit
    I've seen both sides and I actually agree to some extent. I've been to Christian churches were the church was ran by a board that could care less about spreading the gospel to anyone. All they cared about was keeping there building nice & neat. Families basically ran the church. I also saw great warriors for Christ that would go into bad areas to start bible studies and of course bring food and clothing to these low income people. I would always ask the question that what if a bum or prostitute came in to service would they be welcomed? In one church I think not. All of this being said I still believe in God and have not lost faith. By the way I used to live in Sacramento California. Your right Arnold was a horrible actor. Arnold is not much better than the Governor before Him.

Manny

PS
    I really want to visit Glasgow someday. 🙂 I want to go visit Europe anyway.
  2. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 00:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what are you talking about? give a man a fish and it feeds him for a day, teach a man to fish and he can be self sustaining! Christ was a teacher, he gave the most precious commodity any of us have, our time, to help persons spiritually, first and foremost. Will i direct you towards our relief efforts throughout the world, or perhaps closer to your ...[text shortened]... ane Katrina struck for example? who were one of the first people on the ground? will I Deucer?
    the united methodist were the first ones at katrina, I've been 3 times to do recovery work, I feel God calling me back, but I have much to do, and will trust that God will lead me back there.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 00:51
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Coming from someone as far removed from truth as you, your opinion is of no value.
    Well then my friend. If my opinion is of no value then why do you worry what I may say about you????????????
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 00:57
    Originally posted by duecer
    the united methodist were the first ones at katrina, I've been 3 times to do recovery work, I feel God calling me back, but I have much to do, and will trust that God will lead me back there.
    Lol, i am greatest in the Kingdom, no i am the greatest! Its good that you felt the need Deucer, kindness is a beautiful thing in this world.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 00:57
    Originally posted by menace71
    I've seen both sides and I actually agree to some extent. I've been to Christian churches were the church was ran by a board that could care less about spreading the gospel to anyone. All they cared about was keeping there building nice & neat. Families basically ran the church. I also saw great warriors for Christ that would go into bad areas to start bibl ...[text shortened]...

Manny

PS
    Manny if I have in anyway suggested that all Christians of other religions are just passive, I did not mean it that way. That is why I am so glad that I personally am not a judge as only Jesus is. I cannot read hearts. So who does and doesn't meet the commands of Jesus is up to him.
    But we take very seriuosly this command as the formost way of telling others about Jrhovah, Jesus, their Kingdom and what they want from us....
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 01:05
    I've seen both sides and I actually agree to some extent. I've been to Christian churches were the church was ran by a board that could care less about spreading the gospel to anyone. All they cared about was keeping there building nice & neat. Families basically ran the church. I also saw great warriors for Christ that would go into bad areas to start bibl ...[text shortened]...

Manny

PS
    we are a very backward people my friend, Scotland has a barrenness about it, but its not as majestic as elsewhere. The main thing is the people are friendly in a mental sort of way, there are many beautiful places in Europe, Prague, Vienna, Bavaria, and the Russians have chandeliers on their underground metro system, my goodness, you put that here and everyone would go down and freak out and think they are schizophrenic.
  7. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 01:14
    Lol, i am greatest in the Kingdom, no i am the greatest! Its good that you felt the need Deucer, kindness is a beautiful thing in this world.
    actually its not about bragging its about geography. The united methodist conference on relief head quarters is located in LA. outside of New Orleans, so they were there and ready to go
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 01:19
    Originally posted by duecer
    actually its not about bragging its about geography. The united methodist conference on relief head quarters is located in LA. outside of New Orleans, so they were there and ready to go
    at least they are doing something with their time 😉 actually i have a migraine headache, had it all day, i need sleep, im just making fun Deucer, nothing serious, take care and kind regards to all - Robbie.
  9. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 01:23
    at least they are doing something with their time 😉 actually i have a migraine headache, had it all day, i need sleep, im just making fun Deucer, nothing serious, take care and kind regards to all - Robbie.
    sleep well, hope you feel better in the morning
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 01:25
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well then my friend. If my opinion is of no value then why do you worry what I may say about you????????????
    Lying goes against what is honest, fair, decent, etc. That is what I take most take exception to. That and your arrogance.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 04:17
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Lying goes against what is honest, fair, decent, etc. That is what I take most take exception to. That and your arrogance.
    Well thanks and I love you too.....
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 19:00
    we are a very backward people my friend, Scotland has a barrenness about it, but its not as majestic as elsewhere. The main thing is the people are friendly in a mental sort of way, there are many beautiful places in Europe, Prague, Vienna, Bavaria, and the Russians have chandeliers on their underground metro system, my goodness, you put that here and everyone would go down and freak out and think they are schizophrenic.
    I've seen pictures & barrenness is sometimes very beautiful. How long a drive from Glasgow to Edinburgh? 45 minutes or 1 hour? Hard to tell form a map. Your fairly far North. Days long during the summer months I would think. It's very beautiful here also. I can drive home and see Mt. Rainer and at times it appears as a painting. The weather here I think is similar to that of parts of Great Britain. We do get snow a bit in the winter. I do thank God for such a beautiful place.

Manny
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 19:171 edit
    I've seen pictures & barrenness is sometimes very beautiful. How long a drive from Glasgow to Edinburgh? 45 minutes or 1 hour? Hard to tell form a map. Your fairly far North. Days long during the summer months I would think. It's very beautiful here also. I can drive home and see Mt. Rainer and at times it appears as a painting. The weather here I think is ...[text shortened]... . We do get snow a bit in the winter. I do thank God for such a beautiful place.

Manny
    i live in a little town North of Glasgow called Kirkintilloch. Its quite banal to be honest. the distance from Glasgow to Edinburgh is about 50 miles, so it can be done in about the time that you have specified. The speed limit on the motorway is seventy miles per hour although mostly those with a weak conscience drive above that. You have Mt. Rainer near your home, wow, that is something special. Hear there are many places one can go mountain climbing or hill walking. Further north there is a place called Glen Coe which has some of our more spectacular mountains. they are not that high but beautiful to climb. (above three thousand feet)

there is the famous Aonach Eagach ridge walk, which at some points narrows to a few feet with three thousand feet either side, its not difficult but its not for the faint hearted. all you need is a good pair of boots and a stout heart. sadly every year persons are killed on the mountains, either ill equipped of they do not show enough respect to the mountain and the sanctity of life.

i know a man who fell six hundred feet, and survived. He was very very fortunate, he hit a precipice, otherwise he would have fallen further.
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 22:131 edit
    Yes Mt. Rainer is about 50 miles from where I live. I just hope it never goes off! People affectionately call it the mountain here. I tell people it's a freaking Volcano don't forget that! LOL People climb it every year but obviously it's for the vary skilled to do such.

Manny
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '09 01:45
    Yes Mt. Rainer is about 50 miles from where I live. I just hope it never goes off! People affectionately call it the mountain here. I tell people it's a freaking Volcano don't forget that! LOL People climb it every year but obviously it's for the vary skilled to do such.

Manny
    how high is that mountain? can one climb it without the aid of ropes?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree