1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 20:001 edit
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

It is a political fight. If some of the God-haters saw a chance to drive the Christians from this site alltogether they would not let it pass.

Notice the new "irritation" that is building up. New debators are appearing on the scene ...[text shortened]... the truth. They are interested in winning the games they play.
    People asked for the creation of a Religion forum because fundamentalist Christians were spamming the Debates forum with their religion. As anyone can see, there is enough material in this forum to keep it thriving, possibly more so than Debates is thriving. When they were together, it was really hard to find a non religious debate and when you did religion got added to it and it turned into a religious debate.

Please note that I stayed on the sidelines. I was always indifferent to whether there was a Spirituality forum or not.
  2. Meddling with things
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 21:51
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Blindfaith: " ... But it is amazing how many of the ones that complained have followed us here."

That tells us something about their sincere motives and honest intentions. 😛
    I for one am a new visitor to the forums. I come here to argue for the enjoyment of debate. Did you expect the forum to be the exclusive preserve of the god botherers? The forum is titled spirituality. A concern for such matters extends far beyond the narrow confines of fundimentalism.

My motives are simple. I enjoy debate with religious nutters.

My honest intentions? To have a robust debate and enjoy the comapny of the debaters.
  3. R.I.P.
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 21:59
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome

My motives are simple. I enjoy debate with religious nutters.

I think we all enjoy this, the problem is though that they have faith on their side and it is a stubborn mule, stuck to the ground with superglue and just won't budge an inch, not even when you hit it with a big stick.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree