1. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    10 Sep '17 15:281 edit
    Interesting Facebook post from Sarah Wood regarding Joel Osteen.

    https://www.facebook.com/sarahwoodwriter/posts/1660330080666892

    If were can get past the obvious negative commentary directed at these kinds of pastors [and there are hundreds], some thought provoking questions emerge, such as what does that say of the untold millions of Christians who follow these kinds of people, and what does the Bible say about following them.

    Put another way, do the same people who bash these false pastors and teachers, themselves have another [false] pastor that they follow?

    -
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    10 Sep '17 15:32
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Interesting Facebook post from Sarah Wood regarding Joel Osteen.

    https://www.facebook.com/sarahwoodwriter/posts/1660330080666892

    If were can get past the obvious negative commentary directed at these kinds of pastors [and there are hundreds], some thought provoking questions emerge, such as what does that say of the untold millions of Christians who ...[text shortened]... these false pastors and teachers, themselves have another [false] pastor that they follow?

    -
    Is it that those who bash them do follow a different false teaching or is it could the follow a different false teaching?

    Of course it is highly likely that many do, but some do not.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86400
    10 Sep '17 16:35
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Is it that those who bash them do follow a different false teaching or is it could the follow a different false teaching?

    Of course it is highly likely that many do, but some do not.
    More children of Satan?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    10 Sep '17 16:58
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    More children of Satan?
    Most people are.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    10 Sep '17 17:111 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    False Teachers and Foolish Followers
    There are plenty of false teachers and there are plenty of false followers.
    Funny that this subject came up in Spiritual Forum.

    I say that every teacher that preaches that they have the Truth are exactly those who doesn't.
    I say that foolish followers are those following the ones claiming to have the Truth.

    I say that only those who know there are plenty more to know are teachers worth listening to.
  6. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    11 Sep '17 10:44
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    There are plenty of false teachers and there are plenty of false followers.
    Funny that this subject came up in Spiritual Forum.

    I say that every teacher that preaches that they have the Truth are exactly those who doesn't.
    I say that foolish followers are those following the ones claiming to have the Truth.

    I say that only those who know there are plenty more to know are teachers worth listening to.
    All people have a conscience, also called the knowledge of good and evil. What they also do have is the ability to ignore their inner voice which speaks to them.

    Followers who go after false pastors are attracted to their teachings because they are ignoring this inner voice which tells them that this man is not teaching what Jesus Christ preached. Those whose inner voice is strong will walk away from these doctrines and churches.

    I take your point about truth, There is a lot that Christians can learn from several other religions. I have listened to pundits and imams speak and lecture their congregation and their words mimic almost exactly the teachings of Christ .. that the way to eternal life / self realization / heaven etc, is through love and compassion for others.

    Nobody is perfect and there is always room for greater understanding.
Back to Top