1. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 22:44
    Originally posted by STANG
    Is it so hard to believe in a god who would have his followers eliminate infidels ???

Christianity is terrorism.

1. How many people did God kill in one day for having premarital sex?
    23,000 - "Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand" (1 Corinthians 10:8).

2. After God brought t ...[text shortened]... ose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died" (Genesis 6:5-7:22).
    You hve not noted one instance of "Chrisian terrorism".
  2. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 12:30
    How great is god's love when you look at the atrocities he's committed, as listed in the opening thread ?
    God's love is great enough to send his son to die for you.I wouldn't do that for you.🙂
  3. R.I.P.
    Moves
    25 Dec '05 22:53
    Is it so hard to believe in a god who would have his followers eliminate infidels ???

).
    I don't see why not ?
  4. Jupiter
    Moves
    25 Dec '05 23:13
    Originally posted by windmill
    God's love is great enough to send his son to die for you.I wouldn't do that for you.🙂
    you don't need to actually do it, you just have to get your son's friends to pretend you did..
  5. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '05 23:27
    Originally posted by fooey
    you don't need to actually do it, you just have to get your son's friends to pretend you did..
    lol...i don't have a son!
  6. Colorado
    Moves
    27 Dec '05 03:533 edits
    How great is god's love when you look at the atrocities he's committed, as listed in the opening thread? He is worse than a terrorist eliminating infidels.[/b]

Christianity is terrorism.[/b]

Why would a loving god speak in riddles that need to be comprehended if we are to avoid spending an eternity in hell ?

I have felt terrorised by that possibility (hell) all my life. I fear for the consequences of questioning it now.[/b]
    How great is god's love when you look at the atrocities he's committed, as listed in the opening thread? He is worse than a terrorist eliminating infidels.

Not quite. You’re forgetting God's role. God sends us here and he takes us out of here. Millions go back to God every day. This doesn’t make him a murderer it makes him God. If you disagree with this, then you are saying that we should all live here on earth forever. Personally, I’d rather be in Heaven.

No. Christianity is not terrorism. Try reading the scripture.

Matt 22:36-39 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

Why would a loving god speak in riddles that need to be comprehended if we are to avoid spending an eternity in hell ?

To get people to pursue him. Reading scripture can never explain God. God has to be experienced to be understood.

Jer 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

I have felt terrorised by that possibility (hell) all my life. I fear for the consequences of questioning it now.

Perhaps this is your problem. God did not give us a spirit of fear.

II Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and a sound mind.

Fear drives us away from God. This is why you cannot understand.

I John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear has torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

I John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

I John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

Try working on your relationship with God instead of going to war with him. You might get farther.
  7. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    27 Dec '05 04:15
    Cool....I like this.The question to me is why would God do this.I think it is because he knew the outcome would be far worse if he did not.
    The question at that point would surely be 'if god created all of mankind, why did he create infidels to kill?' Why not just change things if he's all powerful?
  8. Georgia, USA
    Moves
    27 Dec '05 06:07
    Read "Misquoting Jesus." Then dedicate your life to something meaningful.
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    27 Dec '05 07:50
    Originally posted by CamelClutch
    Read "Misquoting Jesus." Then dedicate your life to something meaningful.
    Who is that directed at? Use the reply and quote button - then we know who you're talking to...

Cheers
  10. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '05 21:31
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    The question at that point would surely be 'if god created all of mankind, why did he create infidels to kill?' Why not just change things if he's all powerful?
    I don't know.Do you really think he created people to kill them...i doubt you do.Your second question holds more intelegence...search me?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '06 21:101 edit
    I don't know.Do you really think he created people to kill them...i doubt you do.Your second question holds more intelegence...search me?
    He kills people. He knows the future. He would have known he was going to kill people when he created them. If he exists, it's a game to him.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Feb '06 21:29
    So why should people stop abortions ?
    Because abortion is murder. Full-stop.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Feb '06 22:22

1. How many people did God kill in one day for having premarital sex?
    23,000 - "Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand" (1 Corinthians 10:8).

2. After God brought the ...[text shortened]... h of life, of all that was in the dry land, died" (Genesis 6:5-7:22).
    Actually I agree with STANG here.
    But also,
    if God is so loving, why are there infidels in the first place (surely they would be subdued and compelled by God's love)?

If God is omniscient, surely he would have predicted that there would be infidels to kill, so why create them?

However, I believe in God, but I dont believe in religion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree