1. Joined
    07 Apr '10
    Moves
    03 Sep '11 11:48
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Yes seriously. Why so incredulous?
    Muslims are to the Christians as Christians are to the Jews. Christ would call us to reconcile with the Muslims. Christ would call us to ask THEM to forgive US. Christ would call us to ask God to fogive us.

Islam is without any doubt directly tied to Christianity and Judaism. Muslims are more aligned with Christians than Jews are aligned with Christians.

Muslims believe that Jesus Christ was born of the Virgin Mary.
    Muslims believe in Noah. Moses. Adam. The Tree of Knowledge and the Tree of Life. This is all written in the Qu'ran. Don't be distracted by the fools that pretend to be Muslims and declare bloodshed as the will of God. This is NOT what Islam teaches for it is NOT what God wants.

I'm glad Jesus is my savior. I'm certain that the He would not condone flippant condemnation of Islam-a group of people that follow God the Father that are same in number as the Christians. Were Islam truly a false religion it would be gone by now.

So...
    If a Christian chooses to fast with a Muslim it's no different than a Baptist choosing to observe Yom Kippur with a Jew.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Sep '11 15:45
    Originally posted by Darax The Good
    Muslims are to the Christians as Christians are to the Jews. Christ would call us to reconcile with the Muslims. Christ would call us to ask THEM to forgive US. Christ would call us to ask God to fogive us.

Islam is without any doubt directly tied to Christianity and Judaism. Muslims are more aligned with Christians than Jews are aligned with C ...[text shortened]... t with a Muslim it's no different than a Baptist choosing to observe Yom Kippur with a Jew.
    Finally, another voice crying out in the wilderness saying the same things I've been saying.

I've said for years that Muslims, Christians and Jews all worship the same God, the God of Abraham. I've been held over the coals by the fundie crowd here because of it. The ignorance of some astounds me. You hear "No, they call their God Allah". What they refuse to believe when told time and again is that Allah is Arabic for "God". So OF COURSE they call their God Allah. I guess it's okay to be racist in America as long as your racism is focused on the Muslims.

A core component of Christianity is tolerance, to love thy neighbor. But here again, the fundies screw this up with their ignorance.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Sep '11 15:51
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No, I do not support Manchester United or Manchester City. I live in the
    United States of America. We have a different kind of football and I am a
    a fan of the Dallas Cowboys.
    OF COURSE you are.

I wouldn't expect anything less.

/eyeroll

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree