1. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 16:58
    This should be interesting...and may have already been debated...

Does God have a "plan" (fate) for all people, or does he grant humans free will?

This question has nagged at people for decades, so I'm pretty sure it's already been discussed here...

Anyway, start the debate! 🙂
  2. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 18:45
    Originally posted by wittywonka

Does God have a "plan" (fate) for all people, or does he grant humans free will?

This question has nagged at people for decades, so I'm pretty sure it's already been discussed here...

Yes , I think there is a plan for everyone's life but within it there is freedom and choice. The main plan is obviously to bring a person to salvation which might mean structuring their life in such a way that they will have opportunities to choose God or not choose God. But this does not take away free will , it interacts with free will. In summary I think it's part predestination and part free will. I think the intial question is slightly misleading because it suggests an either/or scenario.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 19:25
    Originally posted by wittywonka

What is your gut feeling? Do you have free will?
  4. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 20:30
    I think the intial question is slightly misleading because it suggests an either/or scenario.
    I think it's fine to have mixed feelings, as I will admit I feel.
  5. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 21:061 edit
    To answer this question properly it would be important to properly define "free will," as it has been my experience that different people see the term in different ways.

I would see a choice generated by free will to be a choice made completely independent from any external and thereby controlling force. Any disagreement in this definition?

Edit: Another way of looking at a free will choice (from my point of view) is that when the time comes for the choice to be made, there is a fair chance for any and all solutions to the question at hand.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree