Favorite Bible verse

Favorite Bible verse

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Oct 09

ASV
Genesis 15
1 After these things the word of Jehovah came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

rc

Moves
11 Oct 09

(Hebrews 12:2-3) . . .For the joy that was set before him he endured a torture stake, despising shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Indeed, consider closely the one who has endured such contrary talk by sinners against their own interests, that you may not get tired and give out in your souls.

Moves
11 Oct 09
1 edit

I don't have favorite verse because the context of the verse is lost.

It is as if I gaze at a tree - is the tree part of a forest? Is it alone in a meadow? Does i straddle a ridge, or has it fallen in a stream? Is it a sapling, or is it ancient?

What is significant about the tree has everything to do with its surroundings. So it is with Bible verses.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
11 Oct 09

Proverbs 3:5,6 KJV

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
11 Oct 09

Originally posted by Badwater

It is as if I gaze at a tree - is the tree part of a forest? Is it alone in a meadow? Does i straddle a ridge, or has it fallen in a stream? Is it a sapling, or is it ancient?

What is significant about the tree has everything to do with its surroundings. So it is with Bible verses.
"I don't have favorite verse because the context of the verse is lost."

Nonsense.

w

Moves
11 Oct 09

Originally posted by Badwater

You could say the same about your quick little quip here.

w

Moves
11 Oct 09

My favorite is 1 Corinthians chapter 13.

I don't have a Bible handy, but I'm sure you all know it.

"Love is kind, love does not seek its own, love is patient, love does not take into consideration a wrong done, etc. Whether or not I have the faith to move mountains yet have not love, I am nothing. Whether or not I give all my money to the poor and give my body to be burned and have not love, I am nothing. As for prophesies, they will cease, as for tongues, they will be done away....all will pass away except for love. We now see through a semi-transparent glass, but one day will behold the glory of the source of what God is which is love.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Oct 09

Originally posted by whodey
My favorite is 1 Corinthians chapter 13.

I don't have a Bible handy, but I'm sure you all know it.

"Love is kind, love does not seek its own, love is patient, love does not take into consideration a wrong done, etc. Whether or not I have the faith to move mountains yet have not love, I am nothing. Whether or not I give all my money to the poor and g ...[text shortened]... nsparent glass, but one day will behold the glory of the source of what God is which is love.
http://www.biblegateway.com/versions/

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
11 Oct 09

Acts 4:34-35

There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet; and distribution was made to each as any had need.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
11 Oct 09

Proverbs 26

4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly,

or you will be like him yourself.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly,

or he will be wise in his own eyes.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
11 Oct 09

Originally posted by rwingett
Acts 4:34-35

There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet; and distribution was made to each as any had need.
Except for Ananias and Sapphira. Boy did they screw up!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Oct 09

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Proverbs 26

4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly,

or you will be like him yourself.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly,

or he will be wise in his own eyes.
I like those too, basically it says it does not matter what you do
they will remain a fool.
Kelly

Moves
12 Oct 09

Originally posted by josephw
[b]"I don't have favorite verse because the context of the verse is lost."

Nonsense.[/b]
Well, if exegesis is a concern of yours at all then it's not nonsense.

Apparently that's not the case with you, but you're hardly unique in that respect.

Moves
12 Oct 09

Originally posted by whodey
You could say the same about your quick little quip here.
I have not quoted verse. You should think before you type; it might serve you better.

rc

Moves
12 Oct 09

(Proverbs 21:9) . . .Better is it to dwell upon a corner of a roof than with a contentious wife, although in a house in common.