1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 16:29
    ASV
    Genesis 15
    1 After these things the word of Jehovah came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 17:09
    (Hebrews 12:2-3) . . .For the joy that was set before him he endured a torture stake, despising shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Indeed, consider closely the one who has endured such contrary talk by sinners against their own interests, that you may not get tired and give out in your souls.
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 17:161 edit
    I don't have favorite verse because the context of the verse is lost.

It is as if I gaze at a tree - is the tree part of a forest? Is it alone in a meadow? Does i straddle a ridge, or has it fallen in a stream? Is it a sapling, or is it ancient?

What is significant about the tree has everything to do with its surroundings. So it is with Bible verses.
  4. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 17:16
    Proverbs 3:5,6 KJV

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
  5. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 17:18
    Originally posted by Badwater

It is as if I gaze at a tree - is the tree part of a forest? Is it alone in a meadow? Does i straddle a ridge, or has it fallen in a stream? Is it a sapling, or is it ancient?

What is significant about the tree has everything to do with its surroundings. So it is with Bible verses.
    "I don't have favorite verse because the context of the verse is lost."

Nonsense.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 18:54
    Originally posted by Badwater

You could say the same about your quick little quip here.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 18:59
    My favorite is 1 Corinthians chapter 13.

I don't have a Bible handy, but I'm sure you all know it.

"Love is kind, love does not seek its own, love is patient, love does not take into consideration a wrong done, etc. Whether or not I have the faith to move mountains yet have not love, I am nothing. Whether or not I give all my money to the poor and give my body to be burned and have not love, I am nothing. As for prophesies, they will cease, as for tongues, they will be done away....all will pass away except for love. We now see through a semi-transparent glass, but one day will behold the glory of the source of what God is which is love.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 19:34
    Originally posted by whodey
    My favorite is 1 Corinthians chapter 13.

I don't have a Bible handy, but I'm sure you all know it.

"Love is kind, love does not seek its own, love is patient, love does not take into consideration a wrong done, etc. Whether or not I have the faith to move mountains yet have not love, I am nothing. Whether or not I give all my money to the poor and g ...[text shortened]... nsparent glass, but one day will behold the glory of the source of what God is which is love.
    http://www.biblegateway.com/versions/
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 20:25
    Acts 4:34-35

There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet; and distribution was made to each as any had need.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 20:39
    Proverbs 26

4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly,

or you will be like him yourself.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly,

or he will be wise in his own eyes.
  11. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 21:10
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Acts 4:34-35

There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet; and distribution was made to each as any had need.
    Except for Ananias and Sapphira. Boy did they screw up!
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 23:11
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Proverbs 26

4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly,

or you will be like him yourself.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly,

or he will be wise in his own eyes.
    I like those too, basically it says it does not matter what you do
    they will remain a fool.
    Kelly
  13. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Oct '09 04:47
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"I don't have favorite verse because the context of the verse is lost."

Nonsense.[/b]
    Well, if exegesis is a concern of yours at all then it's not nonsense.

Apparently that's not the case with you, but you're hardly unique in that respect.
  14. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Oct '09 04:48
    Originally posted by whodey
    You could say the same about your quick little quip here.
    I have not quoted verse. You should think before you type; it might serve you better.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '09 16:16
    (Proverbs 21:9) . . .Better is it to dwell upon a corner of a roof than with a contentious wife, although in a house in common.