1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 09:17
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    You are trying to 'prove' the existence of a multiverse via logical reasoning alone.
    This should be self evidently not possible, implying either something wrong with your postulates or your logical argument.

i'm not trying to prove the existence of a multiverse, i'm stating that logically, there ...[text shortened]... my initial statement concerning the supernatural is based on this definition.
    Since space is infinite there is no need for God to create multiverses. There
    is sufficient space to put all creation into one universe.
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 20:29
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    what makes you think space is infinite?
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 23:10
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Didn't god create the universe on a whim? He sits around for an infinite amount of time,
    (because he has no beginning, he has always been) and then out of the blue spontaneously says,
    "hey you know what would be cool, if I created a Universe, with lots of little people in it for me to mess with"
    Thus why couldn't he create other universes on a similar whim.

Wouldn't it make more sense (if such a word can be applied) that he in fact presides over a sea of multiverses
    that keep him occupied throughout eternity and that our universe is but one of them.

That would explain what he was doing for the infinite amount of time before he suddenly got it into his head to
    create this universe.

Also, what 'need' does god have that requires the creation of a universe.... And how do you know it could be satisfied
    by just one?
    Do you believe god to be unfathomable, in which case how can you claim to know his mind?
    Or do you claim to understand what god is thinking, and that his thoughts can be comprehended?

How do you 'know' space is infinite? We can only see a finite patch of it.
    And most historical views of the universe (back when people were closer to the source) are comically tiny.

Given you claim an infinite universe, created solely for our benefit, couldn't god have found somewhere less
    lethally hostile for us to live than this?

If you posit that god made all the laws of nature, and all the things in nature, then how is it that he made a
    universe specially for mankind that is 99.9999999999999999999999999999999% uninhabitable to humanity?

Are you going to stop making evidently ridiculous claims that can be shattered with all of 5 seconds actual brain usage
    with no evidentiary backing or rational thought?

Are you going to admit that a bible that claims a man be made to marry a woman he raped (regardless of her wishes on the
    subject, they don't come up) can't possibly be used as the basis for any reasonable moral code, and can't possibly be the word
    of any god worth following?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree