1. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 18:092 edits
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    With all do respect I will be the first to say it. Atheists are not humble people at all they are the very rudest people I have ever seen. Just look at youtube, they are so ignorant.
    “...Atheists are not humble people at all ...”

which ones? In what contexes? That is like me saying “spanish people are not humble at all” -each one of us is different.

“...they are the very rudest people I have ever seen. Just look at youtube, they are so ignorant ...”

I have seen some theists being much more ruder and ignorant than any athiests I know of. I could name a few on these forums.
    Besides, a humble person can be rude and a non-humble person can be clever.
    As for being humble, I was refferring to “humble” in their assumptions (e.g. not having the assumption that they are so special and important as to attract an interests of a god -I don't see how you could possibly say thats “humble”!!! ) and was not refering to“humble” in their attitude towards theists (esp. towards religious extreemists ) .
    Also, I would not regard of the common attitute of many theists of thinking they are morally superiour over atheists as being “humble” ...unless you have a strange definition of “humble”!
  2. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 17:31
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    “...Atheists are not humble people at all ...”

which ones? In what contexes? That is like me saying “spanish people are not humble at all” -each one of us is different.

“...they are the very rudest people I have ever seen. Just look at youtube, they are so ignorant ...”

I have seen some theists being much more ruder and ignorant than any ath ...[text shortened]... superiour over atheists as being “humble” ...unless you have a strange definition of “humble”!
    Sorry, misprint:

“...-I don't see how you could possibly say thats “humble”!!! ...”

should have been:

“...-I don't see how you could possibly say the converse to that is “humble”!!! ...”

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree