1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Jan '11 21:252 edits
    For all the atheist of this site and non Christian of this site, I challenge you to HUMBLE yourself and read this book "The Heavenly Man". If you have a kindle or something simular download it and read it, it is a great testimony. i have been reading it, I am about 80% down with reading it myself.

http://www.amazon.com/Heavenly-Man-Remarkable-Chinese-Christian/dp/082546207X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1296078275&sr=1-1
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 Jan '11 22:42
    Reveal Hidden Content
    He gets crucified, but then is resurrected.
  3. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    27 Jan '11 19:357 edits
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    For all the atheist of this site and non Christian of this site, I challenge you to HUMBLE yourself and read this book "The Heavenly Man". If you have a kindle or something simular download it and read it, it is a great testimony. i have been reading it, I am about 80% down with reading it myself.

http://www.amazon.com/Heavenly-Man-Remarkable-Chinese-Christian/dp/082546207X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1296078275&sr=1-1
    “....I challenge you to HUMBLE yourself ...”

I HUMBLE myself by thinking I am not so important or special to attract the interests of a god.
    I HUMBLE myself by thinking I evolved from some hairy ape-like primates and was not designed by a god.
    I HUMBLE myself by thinking life, the Earth and the universe was not all created for my benefit.
    I HUMBLE myself by thinking that the universe I am in was not created by a god.
    I HUMBLE myself by thinking that the planet I am on is not the centre of the universe.
    I HUMBLE myself by thinking that my mind is not immortal and one day I will die and cease to be anything.

I will never unhumble myself because I will never be a theist.
    …...I am already humbled.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jan '11 20:30
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton

I HUMBLE myself by thinking I am not so important or special to attract the interests of a god.
    I HUMBLE myself by thinking I evolved from some hairy ape-like primates and was not designed by a god.
    I HUMBLE myself by thinking life, the Earth and the universe was not all created for my benefit.
    I H ...[text shortened]... ng.

What he said....
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    27 Jan '11 21:041 edit
    Look you may be humble in your way of thinking that that is being humble, and i respect that. But I am asking you to be humble in this area of you life to read this man's testimony.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 04:51
    Look you may be humble in your way of thinking that that is being humble, and i respect that. But I am asking you to be humble in this area of you life to read this man's testimony.
    I don't understand why reading a book that does not interest me would be described as humble. I am not too proud to read it, I just cant be bothered.
    If you think I will find it interesting, then explain why. If you think I should read it regardless of its interest to me, then explain why.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 20:301 edit

I H ...[text shortened]... ng.

But not so humbled that you could resist telling us how humble you are.

You just made his post all about you.

Yeah, that's humble.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 20:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    lol.
  9. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 02:25
    Why for atheists? Rather a book for christians who are hungry for miracles, although is seems rather controversial between different christian groups:

"Samuel Lamb (Lin Xiangao), a highly respected evangelical of long standing has written strongly against Yun in a pamphlet issued in August 2004. He states that Yun falsely claimed to have fasted without food and water for nearly twice as long as Jesus, and also of being a ‘con-man’ in falsely claiming to represent 58 million house-church Christians, and raising large sums of money in many countries. He also insists that Yun in no way represents the house-churches in China.

Yun comes from the so-called ‘Born Again’ movement of China which is widely regarded by many house-church leaders in China as extreme, if not aheretical departure from Christian orthodoxy.

Two prominent house-church leaders in Beijing, Moses Xie and Allen Yuan, have also come out strongly against Yun and Peter Xu. Allen Yuan, who is himself from a Pentecostal background, has said that they are ‘black sheep disturbing the church’. Moses Xie has written an article in which he describes how the ‘Born Again‘ evangelists split existing churches with their extreme teaching.

In early April 2004 the key leaders of the large rural Sinim Fellowship house-churches met in Shanghai and all denounced Brother Yun and Peter Xu whom they regard as heterodox"
    Wikpedia
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 02:50
    Originally posted by souverein
    Why for atheists? Rather a book for christians who are hungry for miracles, although is seems rather controversial between different christian groups:

"Samuel Lamb (Lin Xiangao), a highly respected evangelical of long standing has written strongly against Yun in a pamphlet issued in August 2004. He states that Yun falsely claimed to have fasted witho ...[text shortened]... hanghai and all denounced Brother Yun and Peter Xu whom they regard as heterodox" Wikpedia
    And you trust wikipedia?
  11. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 10:43
    Originally posted by Suzianne

You just made his post all about you.

Yeah, that's humble.
    “....But not so humbled that you could RESIST telling us how humble you are. ...” (my emphasis)

the same can be said about those Christians that claim to be “humbled” by being Christian.
    The reason why I could not “RESIST” telling everyone here that I am humbled is because some Christians have the delusion in believe that atheists are not generally humbled and I want to put that record straight on our own position. Have you any objections in us atheists putting the record straight on our own position?

“....You just made his post all about you. ...”

no, the implicit point was that what I said applies to all atheists like me for I just used the “I” word as an impersonal example of a typical atheist who is nothing special. I could replace each of the the “I” words with “we” ( “we” meaning most atheists ) in that post to give:

We (most atheists) HUMBLE ourselves by thinking we are not so important or special to attract the interests of a god.
    We HUMBLE ourselves by thinking we evolved from some hairy ape-like primates and was not designed by a god.
    We HUMBLE ourselves by thinking life, the Earth and the universe was not all created for our benefit.
    We HUMBLE ourselves by thinking that the universe we are in was not created by a god.
    We HUMBLE ourselves by thinking that the planet we are on is not the centre of the universe.
    We HUMBLE ourselves by thinking that our minds are not immortal and one day we will die and cease to be anything.

We will not unhumble ourselves because we will never be theist.
    …...we are already humbled.

now, have you got any complaints here about this being about “me”?
  12. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 11:07
    And you trust wikipedia?
    There are far worse and biased sources. Besides wikipedia is certainly not the only source that mentions this controversy within your church. I still do not understand why you recommend atheists to read it.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 11:17

I am beyond reading books, only some titles make it to me, mainly ufo lore type stuff.

"HUMBLE yourself" ...geez, your assuming a great deal here. I haven't even gotten past that line without needing to respond ... 🙂
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 17:57
    Originally posted by souverein

"Samuel Lamb (Lin Xiangao), a highly respected evangelical of long standing has written strongly against Yun in a pamphlet issued in August 2004. He states that Yun falsely claimed to have fasted witho ...[text shortened]... hanghai and all denounced Brother Yun and Peter Xu whom they regard as heterodox" Wikpedia
    I was thinking of this last night that Jesus did say according to John that we would do greater things then him. So I do believe that it could be possible with the help of the Holy Spirit for him to have fasted for 74 days. Just like it is possible for people in Africa who are being raised from the dead.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 18:03
    “....But not so humbled that you could RESIST telling us how humble you are. ...” (my emphasis)

the same can be said about those Christians that claim to be “humbled” by being Christian.
    The reason why I could not “RESIST” telling everyone here that I am humbled is because some Christians have the delusion in believe that atheists are not general ...[text shortened]... we are already humbled.

now, have you got any complaints here about this being about “me”?
    With all do respect I will be the first to say it. Atheists are not humble people at all they are the very rudest people I have ever seen. Just look at youtube, they are so ignorant.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree