1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 15:02
    Please be patient and let Rajk999 answer first, thanks.

So what is a good work?

And do you have to have your good works out way your bad works/sins?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 16:18
    Originally posted by RBHILL

So what is a good work?

You people like me ..😀
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 16:38
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You people like me ..😀
    18 seconds of like.

YouTube
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 17:08
    Originally posted by JS357
    18 seconds of like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl_NpdAy3WY
    I think she meant it. I was being sarcastic.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 17:21
    Originally posted by RBHILL

So what is a good work?

What is a good work Good works are defined and decided upon by Christ. Here is Christ answering your question:

And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. (Matthew 19:16-21 KJV)

do you have to have your good works out way your bad works/sins?

Christ alone knows that. There are many ways into Gods kingdom as far as I can tell from reading the Bible. It is not as simple as saying 'I accept or believe in Christ' with your mouth and then you are saved, while those who dont say that are not accepted. Some are accepted by God through faith some through a combination of faith and works and some through works alone. All paths have their Biblicial origin and foundation.

What is certain that an excessive amount of sinning would endanger your entry into Gods Kingdom. That is crystal clear in the Bible. So to claim that 'my sins are covered' is just plain wishful thinking and a dangerous delusion.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 20:31
    [b]What is a good work Good works are defined and decided upon by Christ. Here is Christ answering your question:

[i]And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life ...[text shortened]... So to claim that 'my sins are covered' is just plain wishful thinking and a dangerous delusion.[/b]
    "Do As I Say, Not As I Do".

To save you time in future, that's DAISNAID.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 22:46
    [b]What is a good work Good works are defined and decided upon by Christ. Here is Christ answering your question:

[i]And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life ...[text shortened]... So to claim that 'my sins are covered' is just plain wishful thinking and a dangerous delusion.[/b]
    "There are many ways into Gods kingdom as far as I can tell from reading the Bible."

So in your opinion, Jesus is not the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Jesus?
    Kelly
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 22:47

"What is a good work Good works are defined and decided upon by Christ. Here is Christ answering your question: "

So those that do not have Christ can do good works if they are at odds with
    Christ?
    Kelly
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Aug '14 02:19
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    "What is a good work Good works are defined and decided upon by Christ. Here is Christ answering your question: "

So those that do not have Christ can do good works if they are at odds with
    Christ?
    Kelly
    Why do you say that the person is at odds with Christ?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '14 02:311 edit

And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life ...[text shortened]... the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. (Matthew 19:16-21 KJV)
    Have you done this; sold all you have and given it away?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Aug '14 02:42
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Have you done this; sold all,you have and given it away?
    I neither answer personal questions nor do I ask them of anyone. I respect peoples privacy especially on the internet.

Do you have another question?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Aug '14 02:48
    Why do you say that the person is at odds with Christ?
    If someone has not given their life to Christ, they do not have the Spirit of
    God within them as that only comes through Jesus Christ. If they have not
    believed in the Son of God Jesus Christ, they stand before God condemned
    already. I'd say that puts them at odds with Christ since they live in
    darkness.
    Kelly
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Aug '14 03:01
    darkness.
    Kelly
    Lets see a reference for that and we can discuss it. Is it Romans 8 again?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '14 03:021 edit
    I neither answer personal questions nor do I ask them of anyone. I respect peoples privacy especially on the internet.

Do you have another question?
    How is answering a simple yes or no to this question a compromise of your privacy?
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    28 Aug '14 03:20
    darkness.
    Kelly
    John 3:3-8, 15-18, 19-21, (27), 32-35, and (36).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree