1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 09:53
    Human Devolution - an interview with Michael Cremo edited by Peter Etherden on 16/05/2009
    cesc publications, P.O. Box 36, Totnes, Devon TQ9 5SQ England Page 1 of 10
    Human Devolution: an interview with Michael Cremo © 1999 BIPED1
    Preamble
    In their 1993, 900-page tome, Forbidden Archeology and its condensed version, Hidden History of the Human Race, coauthors
    Michael Cremo and Richard Thompson brought forth largely unknown evidence illustrating that modern humans
    worked and walked the earth millions of years ago, even as far back as 2 billion years ago. The reverberations of this
    work on the scientific materialist hegemony warranted an extensive response, entitled Forbidden Archeology's Impact,
    wherein Michael Cremo provided a blow-by-blow of his dealings with the fashion elite of the Darwinist persuasion. This
    is as important a book as the first two, but for different reasons.
    Forbidden Archeology's Impact reprints a multitude of negative reviews of the first book, followed by a reprint of a
    personal letter from Michael Cremo to each reviewer addressing the deceptive disclaimers therein with gracious but
    pointed sophistication. Cremo's unruffled confidence in response to the openly boorish and arrogant comments of these
    defunct fur-covered die-hards is a wonder to behold. His professional finesse makes me feel a little ashamed of my joy
    in watching this pathetic group go extinct. In truth, the supremacy and authority of the Darwinists is in trouble. This
    slipshod paradigm doesn't hold up to the scrutiny of those leading the emerging paradigm of mankind's genesis. Cremo
    is one of those leaders.
    In his sequel, Human Devolution: A Vedic Alternative to Darwin's Theory, Cremo suggests that human beings "did not
    evolve up from matter; instead we devolved, or came down, from the realm of pure consciousness, spirit." Cremo sees
    "a new consciousness emerging that integrates science and religion into a cohesive paradigm of reality." Yes, the
    emerging paradigm is a spiritual one, but it's universalist in scope. The Intelligent Design movement is not just
    comprised of Christians: atheists, new-agers, conspiracy theorists, and yes, Hare Krishnas, have joined the ranks. After
    150 years, Darwin's theory is a flop and a diverse body of transcendent philosophies promises to undermine its authority.
    When NBC featured Forbidden Archeology in its 1996 program The Mysterious Origins of Man, hosted by Charlton
    Heston, establishment scientists lobbied the FCC to fine NBC for airing this opposing view! In this exclusive interview,
    Cremo discusses what he calls a "knowledge filter" upon which materialist science has based its dominant paradigm of
    human origins. A research associate for the Bhaktivedanta Institute, Mr. Cremo's anti-Darwinian thesis is embraced by
    both Christians and alternative epistemology advocates. His conclusions demand a paradigm change. Will it happen in
    our lifetime? Stranger things have happened. Stay tuned to BIPED for the latest.
    Interview Q (Question) = Joan d’Arc; A (Answer) = Michael Cremo
    Q: Michael, your books, Forbidden Archeology and Hidden History of the Human Race, co-written with Richard L.
    Thompson, presented the thesis that mankind is an exceedingly ancient race which was contemporaneous with the
    apelike creatures from which humans supposedly evolved. About how far back was your research able to document
    the human race? What is the oldest "anomaly" you reported in your book?
    A: The oldest artifacts go back about 2 billion years. These are round metallic objects that have been dug up over the
    past couple of decades by miners in South Africa. The objects come from a mine near a place called Ottosdalin, in
    the West Transvaal region. The objects are one or two inches in diameter. The ones we had analyzed by
    metallurgists turned out to be made of an iron ore called hematite. The most interesting feature of the objects is the
    parallel grooves that go around the center of each one. Some have four grooves, some three, some two, some only
    one. The metallurgists who examined them said they were not produced naturally. Therefore, the objects must have
    been manufactured by someone with humanlike intelligence. Yet they are found solidly embedded in mineral
    deposits over 2 billion years old.
    Q: You characterize Forbidden Archeology as an "archeology of archeology." How so?
    A: I went digging into the history of archeology. From my studies in the ancient Sanskrit writings of India, I learned of a
    human presence that goes back about 2 billion years on earth. When I looked at the current textbooks on
    archeology, I did not see any such evidence. But I decided I would dig deeper, and when I did that digging I found
    that over the past 150 years archeologists have discovered huge amounts of evidence, in the form of human skeletal
    remains, human footprints, and human artifacts tens of millions, even hundreds of millions of years old, going all
    1 The interview was conducted by Joan d’Arc and can be found its original form at http://www.biped.info/articles/cremo.html . This
    version was prepared by Peter Etherden for
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 10:33
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Human Devolution - an interview with Michael Cremo edited by Peter Etherden on 16/05/2009
    Preamble
    In their 1993, 900-page tome, Forbidden Archeology and its condensed version, Hidden History of the Human Race, coa ...[text shortened]... d.info/articles/cremo.html . This
    If your religion is continually at loggerheads with science then you're ultimately going to lose. If you can synthesize science with your religion then you might make something useful out of it yet.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 10:342 edits
    Preamble
    In their 1993, 900-page tome, Forbidden Archeology and its condensed version, Hidden History of the Human Race, coa d.info/articles/cremo.html . This
    This is what Wikipedia says about Mr Cremo:

"Michael A. Cremo (born July 15, 1948, Schenectady, New York), also known as Drutakarma Dasa, is an American Hindu creationist whose work argues that modern humans have lived on the earth for billions of years. Cremo's antievolutionist book Forbidden Archeology has attracted attention from Hindu creationists and paranormalists, but has been labeled as pseudoscience by representatives of the mainstream archaelogical and paleoanthropologist community. Cremo has referred to himself as a "Vedic creationist.""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cremo

Richard Thompson is not mentioned in Wikipedia.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 10:37
    Preamble
    In their 1993, 900-page tome, Forbidden Archeology and its condensed version, Hidden History of the Human Race, coa ...[text shortened]... d.info/articles/cremo.html . This
    Oh dear.

Fristly humans couldn't have existed on earth 2 billion years ago, the oxygen level would have been lower than it is today, we slowly suffocate to death.

Secondly, the spheres you talk about are called the Klerksdrop spheres, here's a page on them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klerksdorp_sphere

They were not made by humans, but instead made naturally. Although i'm sure in your warped, paranoid mind this is another case of the cheating scientists covering up the truth again.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 12:14
    You (Richard Dawkins idolaters) come into the spirituality forum, chest puffed up, head swollen, and talk your utter nonsense, your words are meaningless,and you are dishonest.

You mislead the public with your false knowledge, and lie to peoples faces.

I am one person in this forum, that has no respect for your ways.

Your therory of evolution, is your childish and unscientific attempt to embrace your atheistic beliefs, without guilt.

You are so thoroughly dishonest, that any form of truth, agitates you.

Humility is to see truth, and defend it....which I will do till my last breath.
  6. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 12:27
    You (Richard Dawkins idolaters) come into the spirituality forum, chest puffed up, head swollen, and talk your utter nonsense, your words are meaningless,and you are dishonest.

Your therory of evolution, is ...[text shortened]... agitates you.

You (Vendeta idolater) come into the spirituality forum, chest puffed up, head swollen, and talk your utter nonsense, your words are meaningless,and you are dishonest.

Your Vendeta teachings, is your childish and unscientific attempt to embrace your spiritual beliefs, without guilt.

You are so thoroughly dishonest, that any form of truth, agitates you.

7. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 12:34
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Secondly, the spheres you talk about are called the Klerksdrop spheres, here's a page on them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klerksdorp_sphere
    lulz

Can't believe there is something on the web that links to Ottosdal. There is bugger-all in that place...
  8. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 12:39
    Originally posted by Crowley
    lulz

Can't believe there is something on the web that links to Ottosdal. There is bugger-all in that place...
    Except a load of balls.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '09
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 14:35
    Religion without science is superstition
  10. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 17:32
    Originally posted by Thomas Lavery
    What!? Religion with or without science is superstition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superstition

“Superstition is a credulous belief or notion, not based on reason or knowledge. “
  11. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 17:461 edit
    vishvahetu

You keep saying all scientists are telling lies etc but what is the premise that you give for these claims? -on what evidence/reason?
    If all that scientists say are wrong then modern technology wouldn’t work and that includes your computer because if quantum physics is wrong then the transistors in a microchip wouldn't work. The fact that modern technology works and also the fact that scientists have made numerous verified correct predictions such as exactly how a planet will orbit etc is extremely powerful evidence that they generally are correct about what they say at least most of the time.
    There also seems to be no obvious motive to lie about, say, the fossil record etc.
    What would you say is the motive for telling all these “lies” and fabricating evidence?
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 18:27
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    vishvahetu

You keep saying all scientists are telling lies etc but what is the premise that you give for these claims? -on what evidence/reason?
    If all that scientists say are wrong then modern technology wouldn’t work and that includes your computer because if quantum physics is wrong then the transistors in a microchip wouldn't work. T ...[text shortened]... d etc.
    What would you say is the motive for telling all these “lies” and fabricating evidence?
    His premise is the book "Hidden Archaeology" by Michael Cremo. He professes to have studied the vedanta, but he clearly hasn't got very far in this work (Vishvahetu that is, Not Mr Cremo). One must suspect that he lacks the critical faculties necessary to apply rational doubt to Cremo's unsupportable claims, perhaps consequential to his reluctance to read anything that disagrees with it.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 18:32
    Originally posted by Thomas Lavery
    Religion based on science is an oxymoron.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 18:35
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    vishvahetu

He doesn't believe in science, yet he's using internet and computers which is based on scientific results.
    What does he think? That internet is created by god? That computers are miracles?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 20:39
    Originally posted by lausey
    You (Vendeta idolater) come into the spirituality forum, chest puffed up, head swollen, and talk your utter nonsense, your words are meaningless,and you are dishonest.

Your Vendeta teachings, is your childis ...[text shortened]... gitates you.

Nicely put.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree