1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 01:46
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Excuse me for not being clear with my answer. I was referring to the Biovians and not the blacks.
    Biovians?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 01:59
    Originally posted by josephw
    Ever hear about the rule of law? Forgiveness and justice are mutually exclusive.
    Ever hear of the SPIRIT OF THE LAW ?

Pharisees blindly apply the law without compassion.
    Those of a Christlike nature are understanding and forgiving.

Who exactly was hurt by the actions of this man and what sort of 'justice' would you like to see?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 07:57
    Ever hear about the rule of law? Forgiveness and justice are mutually exclusive.
    I fully agree with you. What I find surprising is that I have been trying to explain that to theists for years, and you are the first one to actually agree with me. So how do you reconcile that view, with the claim that God is both forgiving and Just?
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 08:27
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I fully agree with you. What I find surprising is that I have been trying to explain that to theists for years, and you are the first one to actually agree with me. So how do you reconcile that view, with the claim that God is both forgiving and Just?
    This is the whole point . How does God reconcile the need for justice with his compassion? How can forgiveness and justice be reconciled?

God cannot forgive something where justice has not been served , it's not right.

Do you not see that the cross of christ IS that reconciliation? In christ justice is being exercised in the form of punishment but compassion and forgiveness is also being exercised.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 09:06
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Do you not see that the cross of christ IS that reconciliation? In christ justice is being exercised in the form of punishment but compassion and forgiveness is also being exercised.
    No I do not, as you well know from prior discussions. In my opinion, punishment effected on the wrong target is not justice. In fact, during our discussion, I believe you actually agreed with that point and claimed that the punishment was not actually punishment but was some sort of lesson - as in a father paying for his sons crimes.
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 15:35
    Biovians?
    Being from another planet, surely I would have thought you would know of the Biovians.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree