1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 02:161 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And now your words. "This is a debate and discussion board."

Don't like it? Don't participate.
    My advice to sonship is based upon my premise that he doesn't participate here as if it were a debate and discussion board.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 02:20
    Originally posted by chaney3
    FMF is an ex-christian looking to undermine the faith at every opportunity.
    I doubt Christian's faith is undermined by what I say. I have said many, many times, if their faith gives Christians solace, purpose, meaning and solidarity, then good. But a debate and discussion forum is a place to air views and opinions. in public. Yes, I am an ex-Christian, and I post here as an ex-Christian. If this were a Christianity Forum, I wouldn't be posting here.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 02:23
    You don't agree with him, and so you think you can do all you can to diminish his "influence" here. Haven't you filled this forum with similar accusations of others protesting your own "influence-peddling"? Kind of hypocritical, no?
    On the contrary. I have - here on this very thread page - made some explicit suggestions to sonship as to how he could increase his influence here.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 02:26
    You don't provide much either supergirl.

Look at the twig in your eye, and ignore the speck in mine.
    I have spoken repeatedly about the "more abundant life" my faith affords me.

You just bring doubt and try to convince people that God is something He's not.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 02:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    On the contrary. I have - here on this very thread page - made some explicit suggestions to sonship as to how he could increase his influence here.
    You spend your time in this forum running people down.

Usually Christians, since you have a personal axe to grind with them, but it could be anyone who disagrees with you.

And do yourself a favor and try not to make any "explicit" suggestions to me.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 02:31
    You spend your time in this forum running people down.
    I engage them on what they say in this public forum. That is what this public forum is for. It manifests itself in disagreements. What about you? Do you spend your time on this forum running people down?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 02:341 edit
    And do yourself a favor and try not to make any "explicit" suggestions to me.
    You should address what I said in reply to what you said. You said "you think you can do all you can to diminish [sonship's] "influence" here." And I pointed out that "I have - here on this very thread page - made some explicit suggestions to sonship as to how he could increase his influence here." But you just ignored this. I find it interesting because I imagine you actually agree with pretty much all of the advice I have given him (on the previous page).
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 02:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    I doubt Christian's faith is undermined by what I say. I have said many, many times, if their faith gives Christians solace, purpose, meaning and solidarity, then good. But a debate and discussion forum is a place to air views and opinions. in public. Yes, I am an ex-Christian, and I post here as an ex-Christian. If this were a Christianity Forum, I wouldn't be posting here.
    And he is a Christian, and he posts as a Christian. I know it's difficult for you, but try to afford him the same freedom in espousing his view that you enjoy espousing yours.

If this were a "Non-Christian" Forum, like most on this site, I doubt he would post Christian views here, which he doesn't in any other forum.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 02:42
    And he is a Christian, and he posts as a Christian. I know it's difficult for you, but try to afford him the same freedom in espousing his view that you enjoy espousing yours.
    I have not proposed any restriction on his freedom to espouse his views. Are you proposing some restriction on my freedom to espouse my views?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 02:44
    If this were a "Non-Christian" Forum, like most on this site, I doubt he would post Christian views here, which he doesn't in any other forum.
    But, Suzianne, I am not suggesting that he shouldn't post Christian views here. You don't seem to understand what is being discussed.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 02:45
    And [sonship] is a Christian, and he posts as a Christian.
    Who is it you are claiming objects to this? Nobody objects to this.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 04:501 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    You all are making me feel self conscious.
    Well don't; you're not the first to be challenged for posting unaccredited material in here and you won't be the last.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 04:56
    Sonship provides value and teaching.

Dive provides nothing.
    I have never seen Dive prove his Christianity, just complain, like his pal FMF.

Sonship is the opposite, he cares.
    Your inability to separate personalities from principle is not surprising.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 04:591 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    ...the OP, didn't provide any other information about the alleged plagiarism, except to say that his opinion is that sonship did it.
    If I read a Christian book which I've purchased and I subsequently paraphrase the ministry within it and post it in here without reference as though it was my own, have I done anything wrong?
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Apr '17 05:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If I read a Christian book which I've purchased and I subsequently paraphrase the ministry within it and post it in here without reference as though it was my own, have I done anything wrong?
    Yes.

It would be wrong up to the degree you passed off another's words as your own.

I'm not convinced sonship went that far.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree