Found this

Found this

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
31 Jan 08

*breed

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
31 Jan 08

Originally posted by josephw
She was a mixed breed. It happens everyday everywhere.
I see. Why didn't you just give her the full $2.08 to begin with?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
31 Jan 08

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
I see. Why didn't you just give her the full $2.08 to begin with?
I was giving her a math test. You see, I knew she was a little lower on the evolutionary scale, and I was trying to help her up a notch. But she started crying, so I gave her the 50 cents. It made me feel like a liberal democrat.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
31 Jan 08
1 edit

I was giving her a math test. You see, I knew she was a little lower on the evolutionary scale, and I was trying to help her up a notch. But she started crying, so I gave her the 50 cents. It made me feel like a liberal democrat.
You're a liar. And a racist - "mixed breed"???

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
31 Jan 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
You're a liar. And a racist - "mixed breed"???
And you take yourself too seriously.

In case you haven't noticed, the whole thing is a fabrication designed to make a broader point of which I'm sure you haven't got a clue. 😉

Lighten up no1. Let's just be friends. Unless you enjoy provoking certain people as much as I do! It's for fun.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
31 Jan 08

In case you haven't noticed, the whole thing is a fabrication designed to make a broader point of which I'm sure you haven't got a clue. 😉

Lighten up no1. Let's just be friends. Unless you enjoy provoking certain people as much as I do! It's for fun.
Where's the Spirituality in making racist comments? The whole first post is a particulary unfunny cut and paste with a racist punch line. And your "mixed breed" comment is revealing; does everyone in your church refer to people that way?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
31 Jan 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
Where's the Spirituality in making racist comments? The whole first post is a particulary unfunny cut and paste with a racist punch line. And your "mixed breed" comment is revealing; does everyone in your church refer to people that way?
Imagine that. A member of the Black We Ain't clan objecting to a 'racist' joke.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
31 Jan 08

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Imagine that. A member of the Black We Ain't clan objecting to a 'racist' joke.
Our clan leader has personally housed more Sudanese refugees than everybody else on this site combined.

w

Moves
31 Jan 08

Our clan leader has personally housed more Sudanese refugees than everybody else on this site combined.
Black ones?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
31 Jan 08

Originally posted by whodey
Black ones?
As black as they come.

w

Moves
31 Jan 08

As black as they come.
Well as long as they were not white he is a good man in my book!

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
31 Jan 08

LOL, now I'm imagining RedNight coming in here to ask, "Why do you pretend to house Sudanese refugees on the internet?"

Cape Town

Moves
31 Jan 08

If making racist comments is your idea of fun, then he has every right to reprimand you seriously.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
31 Jan 08

Originally posted by twhitehead
If making racist comments is your idea of fun, then he has every right to reprimand you seriously.
Oh, come off it! There's nothing racist about it. A guy simply writes a sentence in Spanish, and he gets called racist? Ridiculous.

It is undeniable that more and more people in the US are speaking Spanish these days, thanks to a continuing influx of immigrants from Mexico. Just because someone acknowledges that fact does not mean they are denigrating immigrants or speakers of another language in any way.

Cape Town

Moves
31 Jan 08

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Oh, come off it! There's nothing racist about it. A guy simply writes a sentence in Spanish, and he gets called racist? Ridiculous.

It is undeniable that more and more people in the US are speaking Spanish these days, thanks to a continuing influx of immigrants from Mexico. Just because someone acknowledges that fact does not mean they are denigrating immigrants or speakers of another language in any way.
I never said there was anything wrong with the sentence in Spanish. No1 clearly referred to the "mixed breed" comment and josephw did not respond by saying it was not racist, he responded by saying 'lighten up'.

However, since you brought it up, the whole thrust of the original post was that maths education is getting worse and the implication was that it is even worse when taught in Spanish. That is not simply 'acknowledging the fact', it certainly could be interpreted as 'denigrating immigrants or speakers of another language'.