1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 21:031 edit
    'According to Freud, the originator of psychoanalytic theory, personality consists of three components: the id, the superego, and the ego. The id is instinctive, impulsive, and childlike. It wants immediate satisfaction of needs, urges, and cravings. In the case of the alcoholic, the id craves alcohol...'

www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-teenage-mind/201001/what-causes-addiction

Is the 'id' able to deal with God?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 21:07
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    'According to Freud, the originator of psychoanalytic theory, personality consists of three components: the id, the superego, and the ego. The id is instinctive, impulsive, and childlike. It wants immediate satisfaction of needs, urges, and cravings. In the case of the alcoholic, the id craves alcohol...'

yes🙄
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 21:08
    @karoly-aczel said
    yes🙄
    You might be right.

Can you elaborate?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 21:26
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You might be right.

Can you elaborate?
    yes, yes I could.

But why would I elaborate to you?

I'm more interested in your flat out denial of ToO's accusations against you in chaney's "Fraud" thread. Could you elaborate on that first?
  5. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 01:32
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

the id IS God...
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 02:15
    @rookie54 said
    the id IS God...
    lol ... what isn't?
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 02:29
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

... responsible for god.

You want immediate answer to a question? ... god did it.
    You want immediate justification for your actions? ... god told me.
    You want immediate explanation of your situation? ... god willed it.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 02:30
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You might be right.

Can you elaborate?
    might be?

S*** man, I'm always right
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 03:031 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

MY answer would be (as to the extent of what I understand about this Id) no. Rather it may try to deal with God but is hopelessly at enmity with God.

What Freud called the Id I would think is something like what the Apostle calls "the flesh" meaning the whole fallen nature of man since the sin of Adam.

The power of the fallen nature (the flesh) is too strong for the well intentioned man to subdue and conquer. He is inevitably dragged down by that fallen nature - New Testament "the flesh" or "the old man".

The ego approves of the good.
    The ego wants the good.
    The ego recognizes the badness of sin.
    But it has not the power to fully carry out what the ego approves of. And it does not have the power to fully resist the evil that it disapproves of.

A remedy is needed.

For this comparison I look mostly to Romans chapters 7 and 8.

And I am no expert on Freud. But as far as I think I understand this -
    The Ego is the soul.
    The Super Ego is the law of God both outside held over the soul and its intuitive knowledge of it aided by the conscience.
    The Id I think is the fallen corrupted man infested with the sinning nature that man inherited from the fall of Adam.

The Freudian Super Ego may also be like Confucian "Bright Virtue".
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 12:05
    @karoly-aczel said
    yes, yes I could.

But why would I elaborate to you?

I'm more interested in your flat out denial of ToO's accusations against you in chaney's "Fraud" thread. Could you elaborate on that first?
    You want me to first answer ToO?!

The ToO who is unable himself to answer basic theological questions? That ToO? The ToO who is physically unable to say if Jesus was sent by God (as Jesus himself purported) or if he is an atheist or theist? That ToO? The ToO who has for years been trolling sonship and Kelly around the SF trying to put their views under the microscope while keeping his own hidden and distorted? That ToO?

Instead of being a Laurel to his Hardy, why not post something relevant to this thread, or better still jog on?
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 12:361 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    ... responsible for god.

You want immediate justification for your actions? ... god told me.
    The id (as Freud understood it) was governed by a childlike instinct/impulsivity. It is indeed tempting to conclude that 'God' appeals to the id in some people, providing immediate satisfaction to basic questions of how we got here and why. Perhaps we could extrapolate further and compare 'Godless people' as observers of football (soccer) where scoring requires patience, and 'God-people' as observers of basketball where scoring is almost instant and basic urges and needs for entertainment are quickly satisfied.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 13:35
    @wolfgang59

What if you don't want a superficial "immediate answer" ?
    What if you are not just looking for the quickest strawman excuse?

You want immediate justification for your actions? ... god told [
    me.

And if you don't want the shortest most trivial excuse for what has caused you some regret? Or should we always just grasp the cheapest little excuse we can drum up with as little soul searching as possible?

This, I suppose, is great advise for people who cherish to live a shallow and superficial human life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree