1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 22:20
    Originally posted by e4chris
    Its true trying to quit and getting help, when you don't really want to is a waste of yours and others time.

But I don't fault people for doing that, I tried to come off pot then decided actually no I don't want to. But it did change my thinking on it. My use gets called a 'problem' now, it is for me if not others. I actively try to find things to do instead, I know a few drunks who are 'under control' too.

Are you teetotal?
    Oh hell no. But addiction is defined as 'being unable or unwilling to quit (whatever substance) despite receiving meaningful consequences as a result of your doing (whatever substance)'. Drinking does not interfere with my job, for instance, neither have I lost the support of friends or family over it.
  2. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 01:08
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Oh hell no. But addiction is defined as 'being unable or unwilling to quit (whatever substance) despite receiving meaningful consequences as a result of your doing (whatever substance)'. Drinking does not interfere with my job, for instance, neither have I lost the support of friends or family over it.
    I think addiction is wanting ... x first thing in the morning. If that's whisky or a spliff you sure are hooked! Theres quite a few who work under those conditions - shouldn't say but there are certainly a few stoned builders around, and office / shop workers.

I was asking a friend how do you reform a stoner. And I think the drugs 'professionals' must understand, it has its receptor, you will not find another plant that does, it rates much better then some of the atrocious pills and ect they provide. But on there side Cannabis does damage the brain after 5-10 years I find, forgetfulness especially, paranoia some need anti psycotics to stay on an even keel - but the combination of both works best for me.

With chess they say you can drink whisky and still play quite well (blackburne played simuls very drunk indeed) I don't think it harms the brain so much but it ruins the body being an alcoholic - some get DLA! but trust me you really would not want to be that incontinent and immobile. I do see a few turn Christian, and they're always the ones to pull themselves out.

I shouldn't talk about drugs I don't know but here goes.... I think heroin and cocaine users should keep an open mind to prescriptions - they have got better - Mirtazapine, Clonazepam I don't see how heroin is preferable? And for cocaine to be rude I think it is a psychosis but Risperidone is a lot like being on coke and you can get it on prescription - for psychosis! I really don't know though. like I said I don't believe in interfering in personal drug habits, just what I know.

But I do have this feeling that true Christianity comes with no drugs at all. Theres a few who try and put pot in the bible, it could well be there but they liked crops , grains, not cannabis as we think of it I don't think...
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 03:24
    I think addiction is wanting ... x first thing in the morning. If that's whisky or a spliff you sure are hooked! Theres quite a few who work under those conditions - shouldn't say but there are certainly a few stoned builders around, and office / shop workers.

I was asking a friend how do you reform a stoner. And I think the drugs 'professionals' must und ...[text shortened]... there but they liked crops , grains, not cannabis as we think of it I don't think...
    You may be able to play as well or about as well with moderate drinking, but there is a point that it does effect ones chess play as well as everything else. So don't deceive yourself.

The Instructor
  4. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 20:40
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You may be able to play as well or about as well with moderate drinking, but there is a point that it does effect ones chess play as well as everything else. So don't deceive yourself.

The Instructor
    Do you think not taking any stimulants is important in being a Christian? how relaxed are you about booze / hippies?
  5. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 07:39
    I have a technique now with my addiction problems, I only smoke weed round friends houses, never have any in mine. If I do I just smoke it all and stay up til 5 am doing so. I know people who do the same with drink.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 08:16
    Do you think not taking any stimulants is important in being a Christian? how relaxed are you about booze / hippies?
    No, I probably get plenty of caffeine. I don't drink much booze. I little Canadian Crown Royal with coke once in awhile. Some beer on hot summer days, but not very regular. I haven't seen a hippie in ages. They probably went to california and died.

The instructor
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 08:21
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No, I probably get plenty of caffeine. I don't drink much booze. I little Canadian Crown Royal with coke once in awhile. Some beer on hot summer days, but not very regular. I haven't seen a hippie in ages. They probably went to california and died.

The instructor
    I think 'hippies' is just a phase for most people anymore. You get old enough and the hippie 'thing' just isn't as interesting as it once was. I think a majority of people have what they might later call their 'hippie phase' sometime during their life, usually early on.
  8. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 00:35
    I think 'hippies' is just a phase for most people anymore. You get old enough and the hippie 'thing' just isn't as interesting as it once was. I think a majority of people have what they might later call their 'hippie phase' sometime during their life, usually early on.
    You get hippies in the UK, they have shops for them, you can still buy tie dye here 🙂
  9. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 18:41
    na and aa sound like a miserable road to me, I only can see the point if you want become a strict Christian as well... its not for all, I've seen there materials. there needs to be help for people who just want to keep under control. on the rails 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree