1. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    16 May '07 19:25
    Has anyone actually become a devout believer of xianity as a result of the discussion in here?

The tacit assumption (and behind all apologetics, for that matter) is that some non-believers are going to read the postings here, and that these postings will have some sort of positive impact on them. Eventually, this is supposed to lead to a decision toward faith, right?

Well, where is it, folks?

Who here has actually converted to Christianity as a result (in whole or in part) of the wrangling in here?
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    16 May '07 19:29
    Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
    Has anyone actually become a devout believer of xianity as a result of the discussion in here?

The tacit assumption (and behind all apologetics, for that matter) is that some non-believers are going to read the postings here, and that these postings will have some sort of positive impact on them. Eventually, this is supposed to lead to a decision towar ...[text shortened]... s actually converted to Christianity as a result (in whole or in part) of the wrangling in here?
    I don't know of any such cases. However, two former Christians have reported becoming atheists due in large part to this forum.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    17 May '07 00:40

The tacit assumption (and behind all apologetics, for that matter) is that some non-believers are going to read the postings here, and that these postings will have some sort of positive impact on them. Eventually, this is supposed to lead to a decision towar ...[text shortened]... s actually converted to Christianity as a result (in whole or in part) of the wrangling in here?
    I've been working on RBHill and sense I see salvation as a process I can tell you that he is in the "process." You may ask what evidence do you see that he is becoming a believer?

I believe he has moved out from his parents' home. He has gotten a better job. He has a girlfriend. He has talked about his black Ford Mustang GT as an extension of his penis. I don't even think Jerry Falwell did that.
  4. Australia
    Moves
    17 May '07 00:47

I have been reading (rarely posting) this forum since it was first created. If anything it has reassured my choice to be an atheist due to the plethora of weak arguements for religion / god.
  5. Joined
    14 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 May '07 01:19
    Funny, it has had the opposite affect on me. I have believed in God, our Father in Heaven and in Jesus Christ for 15 years now and reading this forum has only strengthened my belief due to the many weak arguments from non-believers. Does anyone actually believe it has been proven on this board that God doesn't exist? Not even close :-) To be fair however I will say that it also hasn't been proven the other way on this board either and I certainly can't prove it to anyone here. Then again, I don't have to :-) You either choose to believe or choose not to believe.
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    17 May '07 01:241 edit
    You either choose to believe or choose not to believe.
    In light of what you know about your toilet, can you choose to believe that a unicorn lives therein?
  7. Illinois
    Moves
    17 May '07 13:48

At the very least, unbelievers learn enough about the Good News of the Gospel here to be held accountable. Not every ministry is a harvesting ministry (getting folks born-again). Seeds are sown here, and that's probably the most that can be expected considering the forum. Ultimately, genuine faith cannot be produced through apologetics alone, as if faith were merely the result of being adequately convinced of the truth of God's word. I've noticed that unbelievers have this mistaken assumption. But nothing less than a 'leap of faith' (trust) is required to experience the Truth of scripture.
  8. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    17 May '07 14:36
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    At the very least, unbelievers learn enough about the Good News of the Gospel here to be held accountable. Not every ministry is a harvesting ministry (getting folks born-again). Seeds are sown here, and that's probably the most that can be expected considering the forum. Ultimately, genuine faith cannot be produced through apologetics alone, as if fa ...[text shortened]... thing less than a 'leap of faith' (trust) is required to experience the Truth of scripture.
    Fair enough. I'll revise the question slightly:

Is there anyone here who has become a xian and who would cite this forum as a positive influence on their decision to convert?
  9. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    18 May '07 18:57
    Our hypothetical xian hasn't come forth yet.

Surely someone has converted and can say this forum was a positive influence on the decision. Someone's got to be out there, right?

Maybe he or she is meditating, or has wandered away, or is on a journey, or perhaps he or she is asleep and must be awakened.
  10. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    22 May '07 21:12
    Bump.

Souls saved: 0
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    22 May '07 21:37
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    In light of what you know about your toilet, can you choose to believe that a unicorn lives therein?
    YES HES YELLOW AND HE HAS A BIG FAT BROWN CURLY HORN AND I CALL HIM FRED.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 May '07 12:341 edit
    Bump.

Souls saved: 0
    Are you a cheerleader?
  13. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    23 May '07 13:05
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Are you a cheerleader?
    More of a jeerleader.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 May '07 23:181 edit
    More of a jeerleader.
    Then no doubt your writings have been "jeer reviewed" .
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 May '07 23:26
    Is there anyone here who has become a xian and who would cite this forum as a positive influence on their decision to convert?

What is an xian? Is that someone who is afraid to write the word Christ?

Do you get a little nervous when you get too close to the name Jesus Christ? Do you relieve that discomfort by writing Xian instead of Christian?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree