1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    24 May '07 03:00
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]Is there anyone here who has become a xian and who would cite this forum as a positive influence on their decision to convert?

What is an xian? Is that someone who is afraid to write the word Christ?

Do you get a little nervous when you get too close to the name Jesus Christ? Do you relieve that discomfort by writing Xian instead of Christian?[/b]
    LOL. Do those pick up lines rake in the converts during your street preaching?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 May '07 03:03
    [b]Is there anyone here who has become a xian and who would cite this forum as a positive influence on their decision to convert?

Do you get a little nervous when you get too close to the name Jesus Christ? Do you relieve that discomfort by writing Xian instead of Christian?[/b]
    Hey, instead of the word "atheist" perhaps we should start calling them CHRISTX's? 😛
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 May '07 11:30
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Nope, they usually cause the poster to wait and see what other guy will jump in and answer - giving him a bit more time.

They like to double up - instead of one lousy argument, two halves of a lousy argument.
  4. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    24 May '07 12:44

Uh, no. It's faster. And it's shorthand that many Christians themselves employ.

I'm not afraid of the name "Jesus" or the title "Christ". I say them together probably twenty or thirty times a day, actually.

Like when I stub my toe. Sometimes I intersperse a colorful adjective between them.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 May '07 12:37
    Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
    Uh, no. It's faster. And it's shorthand that many Christians themselves employ.

I'm not afraid of the name "Jesus" or the title "Christ". I say them together probably twenty or thirty times a day, actually.

Like when I stub my toe. Sometimes I intersperse a colorful adjective between them.
    So you curse with the name of Jesus Christ. And you are proud of the fact that you do.

You boast that you like to lift up the name of this Person Jesus Christ to express your foul mood.

Here is someone who is even reputed to be a righteous man perhaps
    the most righteous person in human history. Even the enemies of Christ admit that he was a good man.

But you brag and boast here that you lift up the name of this person to utter your foul moods.

So you have come to the Spirituality Discussion Forum to boast to us all how you like to use the name of Jesus Christ as a two part curse word?

But if not to utter your disgust you like to substitute an X as in Xians to designate those who believe Jesus is the Son of God.

To curse you use the name. But to indicate those who love this Person you use an X. And the best place for you to go out of your way to do this for us is on a Spirituality Forum.

Someday perhaps you'll graduate into at least a mediocre Troll.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 May '07 12:43
    But if not to utter your disgust you like to substitute an [b]X as in Xians to designate those who believe Jesus is the Son of God.

To curse you use the name. But to indicate those who love this Person you use an X. And the best place for you to go out of your way to do this for us is on a Spirituality Forum.[/b]
    Do a bit of research. The use of X as shorthand for Christ is a longstanding tradition started and maintained by Christians and as far as I know never intended as anything other than shorthand. If you feel insulted by shorthand than please stay far away from mobile phones and SMS because you are in for a serious shock if you ever read a typical SMS.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 May '07 12:44
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Does the fact that something is preached on the street necessarily make it not true?

I think preaching on a street does not in and of itself mean that what is preached is false.

Maybe you are one of the "live and let live" kind of considerate people who doesn't like to impose his views on anyone. That's good. Very good for you.

Then again it could be that you just don't have anything worth telling anyone.
  8. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    25 May '07 13:43
    The count is still zero.

Christians, perhaps you should call louder.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    25 May '07 15:39
    Does the fact that something is preached on the street necessarily make it not true?

I think preaching on a street does not in and of itself mean that what is preached is false.

Maybe you are one of the "live and let live" kind of considerate people who doesn't like to impose his views on anyone. That's good. Very good for you.

Then again it could be that you just don't have anything worth telling anyone.
    Taking yourself a bit seriously, aren't you?
  10. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    25 May '07 16:38
    So you have come to the Spirituality Discussion Forum to boast to us all how you like to use the name of Jesus Christ as a two part curse word?
    What boasting? You made the uninformed claim that I used the shorthand term "xian" out of fear of the name, which I denied.

You sure took the bait, though.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 May '07 16:10
    What boasting? You made the uninformed claim that I used the shorthand term "xian" out of fear of the name, which I denied.

From another discussion you said:

Unlike certain trollsters in this forum, I actually know what I'm talking about, and can engage you in earnest. I'm not a trickster.

I guess occasionally you like to pretend you're a trollster in order to bait people ? Tricky Fellow.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    26 May '07 16:31
    The count is still zero.

Christians, perhaps you should call louder.
    Although you infer otherwise, it is doubtful that the board responsible for creating areas of forum discussion had prostelyzing in mind when they initiated "Spirituality." From my recollection, the area was created to keep pointless discussions regarding evolution and other hot-button topics out of the more populated area known as "Debates."

As has been pointed out within many of the threads of this area, one cannot wake another who is pretending to be asleep. Therefore, it is a dubious adventure for the one compelled to make this a proving ground by virute of conversions. However, in the case that a count be made, the number of cross-conversions is dead equal--- despite any claims otherwise. Perhaps atheists could be more compelling?
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 May '07 16:32

[b]Unlike certain trollsters in this forum, I actually know what I'm talking about, and can engage you in earnest. I'm not a trickster.

I guess occasionally you like to pretend you're a trollster in order to bait people ? Tricky Fellow.[/b]
    He meant that he's a more knowledgeable troll. 😛
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 May '07 19:081 edit

deleted.
  15. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    27 May '07 23:041 edit

[b]Unlike certain trollsters in this forum, I actually know what I'm talking about, and can engage you in earnest. I'm not a trickster.

I guess occasionally you like to pretend you're a trollster in order to bait people ? Tricky Fellow.[/b]
    No, I'll bite here. The context in which that quote was uttered was one in which I perceived defensiveness from epiphinehas, as if he couldn't trust me to engage in honest debate. Whether I perceived that correctly or not, I decided to let him know I'd fight fair, so to speak. I have not tried to trick him in that thread, nor to make him feel like an idiot. He seems to be earnest, and he responds maturely to criticism. In fact, I was impressed by how directly and humbly he acknowledged the error of presuming too much knowledge of unbelievers.

Few things are more repulsive to me than disingenuous Christian argument. When somebody argues out of the best of who they are, their arguments have a different tenor than those who just react in anger when somebody naysays or even ridicules their faith. I'm happy to go fifteen rounds with someone who argues in good faith, and who responds to the same.

But Christian sophistry and self-confident sarcasm invite and deserve ridicule in huge heaps. I think this forum does more to scare thoughtful people away from faith than it accomplishes anything else. And that's why this thread exists.

What good do you think your Christian venom does? Guys like Starrman and Shav provoke you because you take the bait almost every time. And in so doing, you give the enemies of your faith a foothold to ridicule your god. I believe that you'll find Ephesians 4:26-27 takes a dim view of that, and of your silly anger.

And the count's still zero.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree