1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91623
    23 Nov '09 14:27
    What song(s) ,(or music peices), would you like to be played at your funeral?
    I would have "Lust for Life" by Iggy Pop. Then a selection of my personal mix including Primus,Tool, R.e.M. ,Slint,Magic Dirt, Dirty three. Tom waits. Just to name a few. But "Lust for life" would have to be played every fourth or fifth song🙂

    Other than that I would have hired bouncers to eject any people who seemed like they wanted to "bring down the vibe" of an awesome party that would be my funeral.

    Perhaps even a live band...Hmmm
  2. Maryland
    Joined
    10 Jun '05
    Moves
    110550
    23 Nov '09 17:19
    Mozart's Requiem K 626
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    14510
    23 Nov '09 22:08
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    What song(s) ,(or music peices), would you like to be played at your funeral?
    I would have "Lust for Life" by Iggy Pop. Then a selection of my personal mix including Primus,Tool, R.e.M. ,Slint,Magic Dirt, Dirty three. Tom waits. Just to name a few. But "Lust for life" would have to be played every fourth or fifth song🙂

    Other than that I would hav ...[text shortened]... he vibe" of an awesome party that would be my funeral.

    Perhaps even a live band...Hmmm
    "Generator" by Bad Religion would do for starters, and then "Kind of Blue" by Davies and the boys along with some brass from N. Orleans, Jazz Messengers live in Paris 1958 and some swing would do fine cause it ain't mean no thing if it ain't... Then they would set on fire the drakkar that would carry my body afar enjoying the "Immigrant Song", and finally there would be them pipers standing still by the shore setting the world into slow motion wi "Auld lang syne" et al. About that time Palynka would declare that there is no such a thing as common sense but I failed to understand it, Bosse de Nage would keep up swirling shouting "see you soon ye filthy obnoxious scarab but for the time being I will pass meth inks", twhitehead would quote that another computer just passed away, jaywill would pray to Jesus to save my soul, rabbie that lang leggedy beastie would analyse some Scheveningen and Karoly would be at last able to rise above cause-effect and overcome suffering on the spot😵
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86369
    23 Nov '09 22:38
    THIS:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=MuwJ4-2f3z8
  5. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    24 Nov '09 01:17
    I'm not going to die.
  6. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    27860
    24 Nov '09 04:13
    Song of the Angels http://tinyurl.com/ylknlv7
  7. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    24 Nov '09 04:461 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    I'm not going to die.
    Interesting how those words 'life' and 'death' is used with so many different meanings by theists and it is never quite clear which meaning is being used at any given time.

    Do you think there will there be a funeral after you don't die?
  8. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    24 Nov '09 07:37
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Interesting how those words 'life' and 'death' is used with so many different meanings by theists and it is never quite clear which meaning is being used at any given time.

    Do you think there will there be a funeral after you don't die?
    Lighten up, I was just kidding.
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    24 Nov '09 09:241 edit
    whitehead would quote that another computer just passed away, LOL

    i think if i die before my God brings earthly paradise, i should like a viking longboat style funeral, and that they should play Garmarna, The Raven as they place my worldy possessions to take with me to Valhalla, the home of the slain. i hope to die like Alekhine, a true viking, with chessboard in hand! i can hear uncle JackTerrier yelling at me how irresponsible i was to die, Zahlanzi shall tell how moronic i was to die, that the smart path was life and only a fool would choose death, Badwater would state that there are two versions of death, both by different authors, Jaywill would pray that i go to hell to be roasted along with other heretics until such times as i accept the trinity, beetle would slip some bottles of the amber nectar of the North in the boat, lest Odin and me ran out and Noobster would claim that it was just a story regardless of the scientific evidence that i had no pulse. 😵
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    24 Nov '09 10:091 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    THIS:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=MuwJ4-2f3z8
    Rather this:

    YouTube&NR=1
  11. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    24 Nov '09 13:51
    Originally posted by josephw
    Lighten up, I was just kidding.
    I am still curious about whether you meant you would go to heaven and thus not 'die' or whether you meant you would physically live for ever on earth (in your joke).
  12. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    24 Nov '09 14:00
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am still curious about whether you meant you would go to heaven and thus not 'die' or whether you meant you would physically live for ever on earth (in your joke).
    I won't leave you hanging out there. As a joke I meant I would not die physically.

    I would like to not die physically, but that's just not going to happen.

    But I have absolute confidence that when this body dies I will live on. Forever.
  13. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    25 Nov '09 05:37
    Originally posted by josephw
    I won't leave you hanging out there. As a joke I meant I would not die physically.

    I would like to not die physically, but that's just not going to happen.

    But I have absolute confidence that when this body dies I will live on. Forever.
    Thanks for the clarification.
  14. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    26 Nov '09 11:23
    Originally posted by josephw
    I won't leave you hanging out there. As a joke I meant I would not die physically.

    I would like to not die physically, but that's just not going to happen.

    But I have absolute confidence that when this body dies I will live on. Forever.
    the theme from fame may be good for you, ... im going to live forever imgoing to learn how to fly, etc
  15. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Joined
    24 Sep '02
    Moves
    96652
    26 Nov '09 17:38
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    What song(s) ,(or music peices), would you like to be played at your funeral?
    I would have "Lust for Life" by Iggy Pop. Then a selection of my personal mix including Primus,Tool, R.e.M. ,Slint,Magic Dirt, Dirty three. Tom waits. Just to name a few. But "Lust for life" would have to be played every fourth or fifth song🙂

    Other than that I would hav ...[text shortened]... he vibe" of an awesome party that would be my funeral.

    Perhaps even a live band...Hmmm
    The " The old rugged cross". Sung by Mahalia Jackson.
Back to Top