1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 06:00
    I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 06:32
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
    Good for you. Then you should have a place in paradise.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 18:31
    It is all about the Faith, brother.
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    28 Apr '11 20:10
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It is all about the Faith, brother.
    Amen.

By the way, I am very joyful that you got saved, Suzi.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 02:48
    I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Can you see the difference between the two translations?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 02:56
    Matthew 24:13 (Today’s New International Version, ©2005)

13 but whoever stands firm to the "end" will be saved.

Just a question here though.....The end has not happened yet has it? Sooooo who is saved now?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 02:59
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Matthew 24:13 (Today’s New International Version, ©2005)

13 but whoever stands firm to the "end" will be saved.

Just a question here though.....The end has not happened yet has it? Sooooo who is saved now?
    "Sooooo who is saved now?"

I am.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 13:49
    And the life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith of the Son of God loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Galatians 2:20 is very much about the life that the disciples NOW lives. He lives in union with the resurrected Christ.

The passage is more about the termination aspect of Christ's death than the redemptive aspect. I mean Paul is saying that the death of Christ has KILLED OFF the old self centered, God rebelling, fallen, independent ego. And the life he now lives is a lie grafted into Jesus Christ.

"I have been crucified with Christ" is not wishful thinking. It is a fact that the disciple approriates in his or her daily experience through faith and through the power of the Holy Spirit.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '11 17:14
    Originally posted by jaywill
    And the life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith of the Son of God loved me and gave Himself up for me.

[b]Galatians 2:20
    is very much about the life that the disciples NOW lives. He lives in union with the resurrected Christ.

The passage is more about the termination aspect of Christ's death than the redemptive aspect. I me ...[text shortened]... riates in his or her daily experience through faith and through the power of the Holy Spirit.[/b]
    A typo.

I meant to write: And the life he now lives is a [life] grafted into Jesus Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree