1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '11 00:20
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Wow, you sound like a very, very angry person. I am very
    sorry for the bruises in your heart. I will pray for you.
    So you tell yourself that I'm a "very, very angry person" as a way to not having to admit and deal with your hypocrisy?

Your phony show of concern makes it all the more sorry.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '11 00:44
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]The only trouble I remember having is understanding
    maybe one thiing you said and that was because you were not very
    clear in your statement what you meant.

C'mon. At least exhibit a little integrity.

[quote]You read the following written by that pastor:
    [quote]Recently I have been studying the Gospel of John noticed that John 3:16 was ...[text shortened]... h reading skills that deficient could possibly understand the "Holy Bible".
    I admit my memory is not as good as when I was young; but I
    understand the things I read much better now than I did when I
    was young. I can still remember that when I was in the second
    grade in school, the teacher wrote, "does not understand what he
    reads" on my report card. After going through high school and
    college and receiving a degree, I believe that alone would prove
    I have learned to understand what I read. But if you really want
    to insult me, call me a liar. Basically, that is what you have done,
    therefore I have decided not to respond to anymore of your posts.
    At least not until I can get over this insult.
  3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    27 Apr '11 00:51
    Originally posted by Agerg
    on channel 4 as I post this: Derren Brown debunks faith healing...don't know how you'd get if not in the UK though (maybe YouTube).
    Derren Brown will not get far by demonstrating what we already knew in the first place, which is the scope for making money in America by selling faith healing and the gullibility of the patrons. Mocking the afflicted is easy work.

It would be nice if responsible Christian leaders were not generating this type of simplistic religious childishness and if they equipped believers with some level of critical awareness. You may argue that Churches cannot compensate for poor educational attainment in their communities. Sadly, the spooky nonsense applies at every level and is pushed hard. It is not surprising - it is inevitable that people will be vulnerable to spurious claims clothed in religious garb.

Not American I know, but surely Lourdes is the classic case - a huge industry sponsored by the largest of the Churches in which there are simply no recorded examples of proven cures. Selling indulgences may have been curtailed since the Reformation, but selling spurious health and social panaceas has never gone away in any denomination.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '11 01:082 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I admit my memory is not as good as when I was young; but I
    understand the things I read much better now than I did when I
    was young. I can still remember that when I was in the second
    grade in school, the teacher wrote, "does not understand what he
    reads" on my report card. After going through high school and
    college and receiving a degree, I believe ...[text shortened]... cided not to respond to anymore of your posts.
    At least not until I can get over this insult.
    As evidenced by my previous post, you did show that you "struggle to understand much of what you read."

Would it really kill you to "set your pride aside and admit that you struggled to understand much of what you read"?

What about the truth do you find "insulting"? If "God is truth", on what basis could you possibly be insulted?

What does the "Holy Bible" say about "pride"?

P.S. I've known more than a few people who have graduated from college, yet have poor reading skills. You're not alone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree