God and Apple Pie

God and Apple Pie

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
09 Feb 09

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
- Carl Sagan (1934-1996)

Obviously, apple pie is the sole reason for creating the Universe. I'm surprised I didn't see it before.

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
09 Feb 09

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
- Carl Sagan (1934-1996)

Obviously, apple pie is the sole reason for creating the Universe. I'm surprised I didn't see it before.
It's not widely known, but in the first draft of "Contact", the astronomer who discovers the coded message from the stars is named Spanky, and the message, when decoded, turns out to be an inexplicable instruction to "take it to Spirituality".

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
09 Feb 09

Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
It's not widely known, but in the first draft of "Contact", the astronomer who discovers the coded message from the stars is named Spanky, and the message, when decoded, turns out to be an inexplicable instruction to "take it to Spirituality".
Even more restricted is the knowledge that the psychopathic computer in 2001 was originally a hysteric named LOL3000.

F

Moves
09 Feb 09

- Carl Sagan (1934-1996)

Oh, not only apple pie, but apple pie *with* hot vanilla sauce!

Moves
09 Feb 09

- Carl Sagan (1934-1996)

As with a human I therefore presume.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
09 Feb 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Oh, not only apple pie, but apple pie *with* hot vanilla sauce!
Do you think He threw some Vanilla Ice Cream on there as well? I wonder why this doesn't appear in the Bible?

F

Moves
09 Feb 09

Do you think He threw some Vanilla Ice Cream on there as well? I wonder why this doesn't appear in the Bible?
He has some Secrets of His own.

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
09 Feb 09

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Even more restricted is the knowledge that the psychopathic computer in 2001 was originally a hysteric named LOL3000.
Ha! "Im in ur conversation, reading ur lipz."

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
09 Feb 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
He has some Secrets of His own.
I feel curiously in touch with the Universe. I think I'll have some pie.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Feb 09

- Carl Sagan (1934-1996)

Assuming, of course, that one believes that Carl Sagan is a god, and based on his authority we can, by faith, believe that the universe was created just to make apple pie.

😉

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 09
1 edit

Of it appears in the Bible -- it was an apple pie after all.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
10 Feb 09

- Carl Sagan (1934-1996)

Carl Sagan said this? I would have expected him to state that in order to make an apple pie, one must gather some primodial ooze.

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
10 Feb 09

Billions and billions of apples!

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
10 Feb 09

Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
[b]Billions and billions of apples![/b]
That does sound awfully like the Voice of God.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
11 Feb 09

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
That does sound awfully like the Voice of God.
Furthermore, I've decided that Raspberry Pie with thick whipped cream is a close second to the Godliness of Apple Pie. It should also be noted that 3 day old beef and bean burritos are of the Devil.