1. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 17:16
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    So how come people who love God often die of cancer?
    as opposed to dying of what?
  2. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 19:20
    Originally posted by duecer
    As opposed to people dying peacefully in their sleep because they are very old after having a long life.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 04:421 edit
    Originally posted by duecer
    Cancer is no way to die. I can think of better ways to die.

Jumping out of an air plane and not have your chute open while singing REM's tune, "Its the end of the world and I don't mind", is the way is the way to go. Or how about driving head first into a semi as a tornado swallows you whole simultaneously, (speeding of course cause I can't stand to go 55 miles/hour), now that is the way I want to go!!
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 04:471 edit
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    As opposed to people dying peacefully in their sleep because they are very old after having a long life.
    So what is more important, is it the longevity of ones life or the quality? I say it is the quality and I think you would as well, however, someone like Christ would say that the quality should not be equated with comfort. Christ would probably say that the quality of his life was measured by the love he showed towards his heavenly Father as well as those he loved on earth. After all, he chose to die and suffer for us all as did 11 of his apostles who later were martyred in his name. I suppose it all has to do with perspective.
  5. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 09:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    So what is more important, is it the longevity of ones life or the quality? I say it is the quality and I think you would as well, however, someone like Christ would say that the quality should not be equated with comfort. Christ would probably say that the quality of his life was measured by the love he showed towards his heavenly Father as well as those h ...[text shortened]... his apostles who later were martyred in his name. I suppose it all has to do with perspective.
    …So what is more important, is it the longevity of ones life or the quality?…

Obviously the quality.
    So is dying of cancer something that increases the quality of life?
    It is usually a painful and slow way to die so it generally decreases the quality of life.

Also, you cannot entirely separate longevity of one’s life from the quality of one’s life providing you are overall having a ‘happy’ life: -would you prefer to have only 10 years of living happily or would you prefer to have 60 years of living equally happily?
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 10:30
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    Everything was created by God.
    Cancer is a thing.
    Therefore, cancer was created by God.
    Or, cancer flows from God's nature.

Who's to say God is not prone to disease?
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 11:03
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    Who said it was an apple?😉
    yeah, people assume that the tree of knowledge was an apple. like they assume many things after reading the bible.

i think it was a peach.
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    29 Jul '08 11:11
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    yeah, people assume that the tree of knowledge was an apple. like they assume many things after reading the bible.

i think it was a peach.
    I figure it's all a veiled sexual reference. As you say, a peach.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree