1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:41
    Well the butts and rebutts just about cancel out here.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:45
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Small correction sir. One is not 'led' to atheism. One 'begins' at atheism. One is (mis)lead to theism by the constructs of other men.
    You think one begins at atheism? Based on what? I think the truth is the opposite, though I think one begins with a knowledge and awareness of God’s existence and not any particular religion.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 May '18 15:09
    A person's character is shown through their actions, 'not' where they sit on a Sunday.

Navonne ones
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 16:24
    A person's character is shown through their actions, 'not' where they sit on a Sunday.

Navonne ones
    Couldn’t agree more. Why you think I (or any believer) would dispute that is beyond me.
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    27 May '18 12:52
    Small correction sir. One is not 'led' to atheism. One 'begins' at atheism. One is (mis)lead to theism by the constructs of other men.
    That perspective is contingent on there being no God.

The opposite is true as well. One might characterize that conundrum as a paradox, but for it to be a paradox both views would have to be either true or false, and since it is either true that God exist, or it is true that God doesn't exist, it's not a question of which view is false but which is true.

We're at an impasse, for all intents and purposes, because neither of us has the ultimate authority to determine for the other which view is the true one.

I love this debate because our fate is ultimately tied to the truth of that question.

The next step is a discussion of evidence.

...the constructs of other men."

It is true by and large that much of what man holds to be true is a construct of man. But certainly not everything.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    27 May '18 12:55
    Originally posted by @js357
    Well the butts and rebutts just about cancel out here.
    Sure seems that way.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    27 May '18 12:592 edits

Navonne ones
    The "action" of where one sits on Sunday speaks volumes about their values, which is a testimony of their character.

Right now I'm sitting at a campfire with my children and grandchildren. A family tradition on Memorial Day weekend. Twenty two of us. Three generations, and counting. 🙂
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 May '18 13:11
    Originally posted by @secondson

Right now I'm sitting at a campfire with my children and grandchildren. A family tradition on Memorial Day weekend. Twenty two of us. Three generations, and counting. 🙂[/b]
    Blimey sir, keep your laptop a safe distance from those flames. 😲
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    27 May '18 14:08
    Does such a God not appeal to you, who 'prefers an honest and righteous atheist to a TV preacher whose every deed is foul, foul, foul?

Explain your thinking.
    But God’s Word says there is no honest and righteous person.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 May '18 14:22
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    But God’s Word says there is no honest and righteous person.
    This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time.

Genesis 6:9
  11. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    27 May '18 15:12
    Amen.
  12. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    27 May '18 15:23
    This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time.

Genesis 6:9
    Blameless "among the people of his time" but not God, not perfect, and still a sinner if he committed just one sin. The word used for "blameless" is also translated as wholehearted, sincere, upright, intact, having integrity...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree