1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 22:15
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    It seems there are three camps of thought. One faction holds that all is God's will. Another holds all bad comes from the Devil, and all good comes from God. Yet another believes God doesn't get involved in trivial matters such as weather.

I believe all three are correct.
    Well, it could be God's will, but that does not mean it is part of a plan of justice. Basically, we are allowed free will, and a fallen world, tornadoes included, is the necessary trade-off. Or so goes the doctrine.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 23:571 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I dislike it when people try to pin point the end as if they can plan their lives
    around this. If you are not ready the day you die, you'll die in your sins and
    there will be no 2nd chances. I'm also not attempting to say you were saying
    anything wrong or you were talking about something you shouldn't, I'm just
    expressing my distaste for that subject.
    Kelly
    Have you read Revelation? In case you have not, its the revelation of Christ, given to him by God. Christ gives it to the angels who shows it to John. Its gives the reader an idea of things to come from the time of Christ to the time of His return. And here is whats interesting ..

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Blessed is he that readeth and hear the words of this prophecy !!! Someone who is able to interpret and understand Revelation is a blessed person. And that is so becuase they will be able to plan their lives accordingly. They wont be fooled by every fashionable religion that comes their way. These are the elect of God who cannot be deceived.

This is not the first time Christ is saying something important and you find it distasteful. You like to skate on thin ice.
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 01:27
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Have you read Revelation? In case you have not, its the revelation of Christ, given to him by God. Christ gives it to the angels who shows it to John. Its gives the reader an idea of things to come from the time of Christ to the time of His return. And here is whats interesting ..

[i]Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of th ...[text shortened]... Christ is saying something important and you find it distasteful. You like to skate on thin ice.
    Why the secret code then?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 01:34
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Why the secret code then?
    To give you some work to do.
  5. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 01:47
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    To give you some work to do.
    But if you have to be a believer to understand it, then what's the point? You already believe.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 02:04
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    But if you have to be a believer to understand it, then what's the point? You already believe.
    Who said you have to be a believer to understand it?
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 03:38
    It's a two edge sword !! it says blessed our those who read but it's also a warning

Manny
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 04:31
    Originally posted by menace71
    It's a two edge sword !! it says blessed our those who read but it's also a warning

Manny
    With our thoughts, and subsequent words, we create the world.
    God is tired of being a baby-sitter.
  9. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 06:24
    Originally posted by menace71

Manny
    Of a seven headed ten horned dragon, yes, I know.
  10. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 07:42
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    It seems there are three camps of thought. One faction holds that all is God's will. Another holds all bad comes from the Devil, and all good comes from God. Yet another believes God doesn't get involved in trivial matters such as weather.

I believe all three are correct.
    How all 3 can be held to be true? By the way who or what is the Devil? The best answer could be that an entity or an Universal Soul termed God is in charge and whatever happens is as per his/her/its game plan about we do not have a clue.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jun '11 08:54
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    How all 3 can be held to be true? By the way who or what is the Devil? The best answer could be that an entity or an Universal Soul termed God is in charge and whatever happens is as per his/her/its game plan about we do not have a clue.
    Not even a clue?
  12. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 10:17
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Not even a clue?
    I was wrong there. Saints and other enlightened souls do have a sense of what is going on in the game of God.Incidentally the "goings on/happenings in this universe" for which we ordinary humans do not have a clue,is called Lila or God's Game in Sanskrit.
    Please do refer to Omar Khayyam's famous Rubaiyat when he compares God/Unknown Destiny to a chess player who moves his /its/her pieces,mates or slays and lays the pieces back into the box !
  13. St. Peter's
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 12:54
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Just watched one of many interviews on the TV on the terrible tornado damage and loss of life in the South East here in the States. I think it's about 250 killed now. So hard to watch.
    But an elderly lady said "it was God's will and we just have to accept God's plans and go on."

What do you think about her explination of this horrible event?
    Kings 19:11-13 (New International Version)

11 The LORD said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by.”

Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. 12 After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. 13 When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.

Then a voice said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 14:38
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    I was wrong there. Saints and other enlightened souls do have a sense of what is going on in the game of God.Incidentally the "goings on/happenings in this universe" for which we ordinary humans do not have a clue,is called Lila or God's Game in Sanskrit.
    Please do refer to Omar Khayyam's famous Rubaiyat when he compares God/Unknown Destiny to a chess player who moves his /its/her pieces,mates or slays and lays the pieces back into the box !
    Aye, thank you and Namaste.
  15. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    16 Jun '11 07:17
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Aye, thank you and Namaste.
    Well the actual rubaiyat are: But helpless pieces in the game he plays,Upon this chequerboard of nights and days,He hither and thither moves,and checks and slays,Then one by one back in the closet lays.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree