1. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 18:07
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Just wondering, do explanations in this thread need to be based on your interpretation?

Just wondering because based on your interpretation the Bible is gibberish.
    Dont know what you talking about. But your interpretation / understanding suits you. I dont have to accept it..
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 18:46
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Dont know what you talking about. But your interpretation / understanding suits you. I dont have to accept it..
    I never said you did. You seem to be ignoring all explanations that do not fit with your beliefs, so I was wondering if you are only looking for an explanation that fits your beliefs.

In other words, are you no different than an atheist?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 18:591 edit
    I never said you did. You seem to be ignoring all explanations that do not fit with your beliefs, so I was wondering if you are only looking for an explanation that fits your beliefs.

In other words, are you no different than an atheist?
    You must have the mentality of a child to accept explanations that make no sense. Just like the child accepting stories about Santa Claus as the truth becuase they are not able to see that flying reindeer delivering toys is just not possible, you are the same.

My opening post has nothing to do with any of your explanations, but you believe it because your church says so.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 19:15
    You must have the mentality of a child to accept explanations that make no sense. Just like the child accepting stories about Santa Claus as the truth becuase they are not able to see that flying reindeer delivering toys is just not possible, you are the same.

My opening post has nothing to do with any of your explanations, but you believe it because your church says so.
    OK, your beliefs it is. Next time start the thread off with that so that everyone knows.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 20:51
    OK, your beliefs it is. Next time start the thread off with that so that everyone knows.
    The thread is about this passage:

Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth. (John 9:31 KJV)

And up to now you have addressed nothing in this passage. All you have done is sidestep what the passage is saying and written nothing relevant. The other Christians have done exactly the same thing.

Why? Because something in this passage conflicts with their church doctrine.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 22:49
    The thread is about this passage:

Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth. (John 9:31 KJV)

And up to now you have addressed nothing in this passage. All you have done is sidestep what the passage is saying and written nothing relevant. The other Christians have done exa ...[text shortened]... the same thing.

Why? Because something in this passage conflicts with their church doctrine.
    According to your beliefs I did not answer. According to my beliefs I have.

If God does not count a person's sin against him, then from God's point of view did he sin?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 02:12
    According to your beliefs I did not answer. According to my beliefs I have.

If God does not count a person's sin against him, then from God's point of view did he sin?
    Would you say that there is a difference between one who lives sinful life, and one who commits sin? I ask because I know that Christians generally have a problem with that distinction.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 02:222 edits
    Would you say that there is a difference between one who lives sinful life, and one who commits sin? I ask because I know that Christians generally have a problem with that distinction.
    If God does not hold a person's sin against him, then the person is sinless in the eyes of God.

If God believes the person to be sinless God will answer that person's prayers. In reality the imperfect person is made sinless by God.

You can stomp your feet if you like, but what I wrote is the truth of the matter and answes your question for this thread.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 02:291 edit
    If God does not hold a person's sin against him, then the person is sinless in the eyes of God.

If God believes the person to be sinless God will answer that person's prayers. In reality the imperfect person is made sinless by God.

You can stomp your feet if you like, but what I wrote is the truth of the matter and answes your question for this thread.
    I dont deal with unknowns. I deal with the practical realities of this human existance regarding the teachings of the Bible.

Bearing that in mind who are those who God would not hold sin against. Do you know? NO. Does anyone ? NO. You yourself said that only God knows. Then what is the point is constantly making that statement

Who are those who qualify?

What of those who do not quality?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 02:42
    When you die you can ask God who these people are. I'm sure you will get an answer one way or the other.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 02:521 edit
    When you die you can ask God who these people are. I'm sure you will get an answer one way or the other.
    So your answer to "God does not hear sinners"
    is
    "God, does not hold sin against some [I dont know who]"

You are an idiot.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 02:54
    So your answer to "God does not hear sinners"
    is
    "God, does not hold sin against some [I dont know who]"

You are an idiot.
    God's truth is foolishness to the dying.
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 20:02
    Who are those who qualify?

What of those who do not quality?
    People who qualify are those whose names are written in the Lambs book of life before the foundations of this world.

People who don't qualify are those whose names were not written in the lambs book of life before the foundations of this world.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 20:08
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    People who qualify are those whose names are written in the Lambs book of life before the foundations of this world.

People who don't qualify are those whose names were not written in the lambs book of life before the foundations of this world.
    Do you know whose names are in the book of life?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 20:45
    Originally posted by RBHILL

That sounds fair.

🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree