natural story to tell.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 08:47
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    http://www.haaretz.com/archaeology/.premium-1.547147
    This is the kind of articles you get when you have ignorant people trying to write about such things.

The Instructor
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 08:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    This is the kind of articles you get when you have ignorant people trying to write about such things.

The Instructor
    could you explain why they are ignorant?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 09:14
    could you explain why they are ignorant?
    To begin with, do you believe the photo is a female figurine from Neolithic times, about 9,000 years ago? If so, what kind of female and how does he know it was 9,000 years ago?

Then we have the title of the article "Archaeologists discover: God's wife?" and this tesifies of the writers ignorance. There is no quote from any archaeologists that says the photo is a figurine of God's wife. Very misleading title from an ignorant person, in my opinion.

The Instructor
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 09:36
    To begin with, do you believe the photo is a female figurine from Neolithic times, about 9,000 years ago? If so, what kind of female and how does he know it was 9,000 years ago?

Then we have the title of the article "Archaeologists discover: God's wife?" and this tesifies of the writers ignorance. There is no quote from any archaeologists that says the ...[text shortened]... God's wife. Very misleading title from an ignorant person, in my opinion.

The Instructor
    just google 'asherah' if you wish to read more about gods wife. i gave you a simple brief link as i know how much people hate links on here. but the goddess asherah has a fair bit written about her. there are many archaeological finds with her name on connecting her to your god. ive read that she is even mentioned in the hebrew bible. there is also lots of evidence linking her to previously worshiped mesopotanian gods. showing the progression from them up to your god.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 10:55
    just google 'asherah' if you wish to read more about gods wife. i gave you a simple brief link as i know how much people hate links on here. but the goddess asherah has a fair bit written about her. there are many archaeological finds with her name on connecting her to your god. ive read that she is even mentioned in the hebrew bible. there is also lots ...[text shortened]... r to previously worshiped mesopotanian gods. showing the progression from them up to your god.
    And of course these gods are ALL the result of intelligent design....

HUMAN intelligence.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 00:30
    just google 'asherah' if you wish to read more about gods wife. i gave you a simple brief link as i know how much people hate links on here. but the goddess asherah has a fair bit written about her. there are many archaeological finds with her name on connecting her to your god. ive read that she is even mentioned in the hebrew bible. there is also lots ...[text shortened]... r to previously worshiped mesopotanian gods. showing the progression from them up to your god.
    The fact that false gods and goddesses are mentioned in the scripture does not support that one of them was God's wife.

The Instructor
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 00:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And of course these gods are ALL the result of intelligent design....

HUMAN intelligence.
    That is why the scripture refers to them as false gods. There is only one true God.

The Instructor
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 01:17
    That is why the scripture refers to them as false gods. There is only one true God.

The Instructor
    Ah, yes, the one true god. Money.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 04:45
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Ah, yes, the one true god. Money.
    Your god?

For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

(Mark 8:36-37 NKJV)

The Instructor
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 10:10
    The fact that false gods and goddesses are mentioned in the scripture does not support that one of them was God's wife.

The Instructor
    seems she was worshiped by the cannanites. i guess thats where gods irrational hatred for them comes from. obviously things went a bit sour in their relationship.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 22:49
    seems she was worshiped by the cannanites. i guess thats where gods irrational hatred for them comes from. obviously things went a bit sour in their relationship.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;
    A good understanding have all those who do His commandments.
    His praise endures forever.

(Psalm 111:10 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  14. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 23:551 edit
    And the Hebrews were outcast canaanites. Makes sense.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 14:02

The Instructor
    Even your "one true god'' is man made. No return after 2000 years? Who are you trying to kid? 2000 years from now there will be no return because it was just a fairy tale in the first place.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree