1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    17 Nov '07 18:34
    Instead of having these religious books to point us in the right direction, why not have God himself stationed in Chicago for example ? The Bible has proven itself to be a very confusing thing to understand. Look at all the different denominations that have sprung up around the Bible. All claiming to have the Real scoop on the meanings within it's pages. A Book is a piss poor way to comminicate. At least this Book has proven to be a mess to understand. We need to hear from the Man himself. I say come down from Heaven and set the world straight. Move to Chicago !
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 Nov '07 18:47
    Originally posted by buckky
    Instead of having these religious books to point us in the right direction, why not have God himself stationed in Chicago for example ? The Bible has proven itself to be a very confusing thing to understand. Look at all the different denominations that have sprung up around the Bible. All claiming to have the Real scoop on the meanings within it's pages. A Bo ...[text shortened]... from the Man himself. I say come down from Heaven and set the world straight. Move to Chicago !
    And then, a hundred years from now when you have passed, what of those folks who come after you? Shall they be forced to take your word for the whole thing?
  3. Joined
    02 Apr '07
    Moves
    17 Nov '07 19:36
    Instead of having these religious books to point us in the right direction, why not have God himself stationed in Chicago for example ? The Bible has proven itself to be a very confusing thing to understand. Look at all the different denominations that have sprung up around the Bible. All claiming to have the Real scoop on the meanings within it's pages. A Bo ...[text shortened]... from the Man himself. I say come down from Heaven and set the world straight. Move to Chicago !
    Just one problem with that: Da Bears.

'nuff said.
  4. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    17 Nov '07 20:26
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    And then, a hundred years from now when you have passed, what of those folks who come after you? Shall they be forced to take your word for the whole thing?
    I know nothing. Why would I want someone to follow my lead ? I don't think you understood my post. Read it again. It's a longing for up close and personal contact with God. Not dealing with a book for knowledge is what I'm talking about. I claim to know nothing one way or the other pertaining to ultimate truth.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 01:103 edits
    But he lives in Chicago. He is omnipresent you know. 😛

Now that I think about it, I know what you mean. You mean come down from heaven in the form of a man and live amongst us. However, God might say, been there, done that.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 01:13
    ...this is god's chicago landlord ( he is living at my boarding house )...would
    you care to come to dinner at 6:00 on friday...( we are having roast pork )..
  7. Joined
    02 Apr '07
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 01:48
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    ...this is god's chicago landlord ( he is living at my boarding house )...would
    you care to come to dinner at 6:00 on friday...( we are having roast pork )..
    That depends: are you paying for the airfare (roundtrip), accomodations, and in general covering all other costs? Or is the Big Man short on funds right now?
  8. Joined
    02 Apr '07
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 01:482 edits
    Originally posted by whodey

Now that I think about it, I know what you mean. You mean come down from heaven in the form of a man and live amongst us.
    Sorry, Ditka doesn't count.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 01:54
    ...no....you have to advance your own costs...god is too busy turning all the money at citibank into rust...
  10. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 12:28
    We need to hear from the Man himself. I say come down from Heaven and set the world straight. Move to Chicago !

------------buckky-----------------

No , I think he could do much better than that! Why chicago , why doesn't he just come and live with you and then you don't have to go anywhere. God could come to you instead!!! Has he thought of this?

Hmmm....why doesn't he have his Spirit come and live with us ....he could call it...erm...the Holy Spirit...yes.... that's it!...the Holy Spirit....we could kind of carry God around with us (or him carry us around?) ....without even having to catch a plane. He could be in anyone's sitting room! Mind you we would have to invite him in I suppose.

Anyway , silly idea really ....just fantasising...stick to Chicago....it's much less personal and not so threatening...we don't have to open our hearts to get to Chicago.

We'd have to be careful mind about him setting the world straight , as soon as he started doing it we might not like it...he might set us straight first.
  11. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 13:42
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    We need to hear from the Man himself. I say come down from Heaven and set the world straight. Move to Chicago !

------------buckky-----------------

No , I think he could do much better than that! Why chicago , why doesn't he just come and live with you and then you don't have to go anywhere. God could come to you instead!!! Has he thought of this ...[text shortened]... , as soon as he started doing it we might not like it...he might set us straight first.
    He might turn me into a piller of salt. I'm looking for a rational God. not some tough guy God. A sane God seems more charming than the God in then Bible. The angry God that sends people to Hell is an insane God. The whole Christian story is so primitive that it makes one sick.
  12. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 20:02
    He might turn me into a piller of salt. I'm looking for a rational God. not some tough guy God. A sane God seems more charming than the God in then Bible. The angry God that sends people to Hell is an insane God. The whole Christian story is so primitive that it makes one sick.
    I'm looking for a rational God. not some tough guy God.

-----------

...so you would prefer he turned a blind eye to injustice ? Or would you prefer he put the world straight but leave you out of it?

If he says "here I am , come and find peace in me" it's a perfectly rational offer , if we don't bother with him then it's us that are irrational.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 20:081 edit
    ...everybody is right..close the thread...
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 20:18
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    God would still be in Chicago. Why would he leave?
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    18 Nov '07 20:19
    Originally posted by whodey

Now that I think about it, I know what you mean. You mean come down from heaven in the form of a man and live amongst us. However, God might say, been there, done that.
    He needs to be physically, materially immortal for it to work.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree