God cause he created me
    I don't trust you though.
  2. Joined
    05 Feb '04
    Moves
    07 Aug '05 02:48
    Originally posted by Serendipity
    Man created god, god never created man.
    well, at least this guy has an original thought huh?
  3. R.I.P.
    Moves
    07 Aug '05 21:281 edit
    Originally posted by chinking58
    Yes, we were created in His image.

If man is created in god image, how do you explain the differences between the facial features of the different races & the colour of their skins ?
    Also what about the images reconstructed scientically from the bones of early homo-sapiens, (for example the Neandertals) would these images hint at a truer picture of god ?
    😉
  4. Joined
    10 Apr '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '05 01:19
    Originally posted by Serendipity
    "God is dead and we killed him" Thus spoke Zathustra Nietzsche
    Correction we killed His son and God raised Him from the dead.
  5. Joined
    10 Apr '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '05 01:21
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    If man is created in god image, how do you explain the differences between the facial features of the different races & the colour of their skins ?
    Also what about the images reconstructed scientically from the bones of early homo-sapiens, (for example the Neandertals) would these images hint at a truer picture of god ?
    😉
    Gos IS spirit...that is the image He gave us.
  6. Brisbane, Australia
    Moves
    09 Aug '05 07:47
    Originally posted by checkbaitor
    Gos IS spirit...that is the image He gave us.
    That still doesn't answer the question posed. Jay asked that if we are all created equal and in Gods image, how come the following events have occureed -

a) As JP pointed out, people of different races, language and colour skin?
    b) Slavery - I'm sure God wouldn't want His own race to enslave others of the same race. And I'm damn sure he wouldn't have wanted it done by people who were worshiping in a House Of God every week, ie KKK.
    c) Same for war as b)

So, answer the question. If God truly does exist, how come he allows "tough love"?
  7. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    09 Aug '05 09:06
    Originally posted by D43M0N
    That still doesn't answer the question posed. Jay asked that if we are all created equal and in Gods image, how come the following events have occureed -

a) As JP pointed out, people of different races, language and colour skin?
    b) Slavery - I'm sure God wouldn't want His own race to enslave others of the same race. And I'm damn sure he wouldn't h ...[text shortened]... r as b)

So, answer the question. If God truly does exist, how come he allows "tough love"?
    Created is not synonymous with maintained. Thusly, once we remove any assumption of this line, many/most/all of these questions have definitive/possible answers in Genesis.
  8. Brisbane, Australia
    Moves
    09 Aug '05 09:49
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    Created is not synonymous with maintained. Thusly, once we remove any assumption of this line, many/most/all of these questions have definitive/possible answers in Genesis.
    But Genesis is boring.
  9. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    09 Aug '05 09:56
    But Genesis is boring.
    LOL! Depends on who you are discussing/reading it with. I have some pretty interesting theories about it. 😉
  10. R.I.P.
    Moves
    09 Aug '05 16:54
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    Created is not synonymous with maintained.
    Good point, so what is genesis's explaination for the differences between the races that occur today ? All of which according to the bible stem from a common ancestery of the first two humans models, Adam & Eve.

Further the 2nd part of my earlier post remains unanswered, to repeat

Would it be fair to say that those pictures scientically reconstructed from the bones of our early ancesters (e.g. neandertals etc..) reflect a truer picture of the image of god ?
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '04
    Moves
    09 Aug '05 17:49
    😉
    God is the Spirit of Love.......We are created in his "image" of Goodness........it is within....and only when realized......there is no difference between any man!

gil
  12. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    09 Aug '05 17:541 edit
    Also what about the images reconstructed scientically from the bones of early homo-sapi ...[text shortened]... andertals) would these images hint at a truer picture of god ?
    😉
    It's our nature, the essence of the character of man and woman that is created in the image of God's essence.

Some examples:
    We have intelligence, humor, excitement. We enjoy love, work, creativity. We are protective and nurturing, playful and ambitious. All of the good things that we possibly exhibit come from our being made in the image of God. (The bad things we exercise and witness are all perversions of our 'god nature'; things we people have come up with on our own.)

The races, as well as the individual differences we find in the world of men have all followed from the genetic variations made possible by the design of our reproductive systems (random mixing and joining of chromosomes etc.). Our creator is the supreme engineer. He seems to love variety and has built huge potential for great change within each 'kind', including humans.
  13. R.I.P.
    Moves
    09 Aug '05 18:38
    Originally posted by gentlegil
    God is the Spirit of Love.......We are created in his "image" of Goodness........it is within....and only when realized......there is no difference between any man!

gil
    Surely image is an external thing rather than internal thing?

Putting that aside for a moment, it still shouldn't stop you answering the second part of my post. Afterall early man would have had an internal side too. Of course knowing exactly what the internal side of earlyman was like is almost impossible to find out. However in principle we could agree or disagree.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Aug '05 19:43
    God made man.
    Man made alcohol, drugs and violence.
    Who do you trust?
    You left a few very important words out:

God made man.
    Man made alcohol, drugs and violence.
    This made man blind and slaves of sin.
    God sent His Son to save man from sin.
    Through His death man can receive sight and be set free.
    But man is still too blind to see that God is in control.
    Man still refuses the free gift.

I'll rather trust God.
  15. R.I.P.
    Moves
    09 Aug '05 22:341 edit
    It's our nature, the essence of the character of man and woman that is created in the image of God's essence.

Some examples:
    We have intelligence, humor, excitement. We enjoy love, work, creativity. We are protective and nurturin ...[text shortened]... 'god nature'; things we people have come up with on our own.)
    All very well but the actual text from the bible mentions image & likeness.

Genesis 26:- And God said, Let us make man according to our image and likeness

I'm prepared to agree with you that the essence of gods character is also part of the description, because it mentions likeness. However image is a word used mostly for describing the way something looks externally rather than it is internally.

The races, as well as the individual differences we find in the world of men have all followed from the genetic variations made possible by the design of our reproductive systems (random mixing and joining of chromosomes etc.). Our creator is the supreme engineer. He seems to love variety and has built huge potential for great change within each 'kind', including humans.

I'm happy to accept this reasoning as a way to describe the differences between races. Although it seems to indicate that there is a kind of evolutionally process at work. Therefore it seems reasonable, that this great potention for change would have also caused the earlyman to develope into the humans that we are today.

Again this bring us back to the neandertals being a truer representation of god question ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree