God sends God

Standard memberRemoved
Spirituality 17 Jun '13 12:35
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 17:30
    In Zechariah the pre-incarnate Christ must be the Angel of Jehovah. For when He speaks it says God spoke -

"Then He showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the Angel of Jehovah and Satan standing at his right hand to be his advasary. (v.1)

And Jehovah said to Satan, Jehovah rebuke you, Satan! ... " (v.2)

This Messenger of Jehovah here speaks and it says "And Jehovah said ...". Here again is God the Sender and God the Sent One. It seems God must go forth and extend His eternal being when He sets out to do a thing.

"Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments and was standing before the Angel." (v.3)

Garments, signify one's conduct as one's expression (Isa. 64:6; Rev. 19:8). We are made for God's purpose but our conduct has become unclean. Satan knows this and accuses our conscience of being unfit to serve God. Satan accuses us also to God for God is unrighteous to use us. That is unless God causes our iniquity to pass from us.

And this is what the Angel of Jehovah does. He removes Joshua's guilty and clothes Joshua with righteousness.

"Then He [Jehovah / the Angel of Jehovah] said to him, See, I hereby make your iniquity pass from you and clothe you with stately robes." (v.4)

Christ is God sent by God. Christ is God sent by God in incarnation to die a redemptive death to remove our sins. Then Christ in resurrection clothes the forgiven sinner in Himself. We can only stand before God on judgment day clothed in Christ as our righteousness.

Christ is also God sent forth INTO us to become our new conduct as we are blended and mingled with Him - "He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17)

"Abide in Me and I in you." says Jesus, this Angel of Jehovah gone forth and born of Mary. Christ is enterable. We can enter into the sphere and realm of His life. We too are a vessel which can have God in Christ as the Spirit dispensed into our being.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 20:59
    Originally posted by sonship
    In Zechariah the pre-incarnate Christ must be the Angel of Jehovah. For when He speaks it says God spoke -

[b]"Then He showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the Angel of Jehovah and Satan standing at his right hand to be his advasary. (v.1)

And Jehovah said to Satan, Jehovah rebuke you, Satan! ... " (v.2)

This Messenger of Jehovah ...[text shortened]... re a vessel which can have God in Christ as the Spirit dispensed into our being.[/b]
    God talks to God, too.

The Instructor
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 21:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    God talks to God, too.

The Instructor
    God talks to God, too.

Indeed.

"And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness ..." (Genesis 1:26)
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 04:05
    John 17 is Jesus Christ's great prayer before He goes to the cross. This prayer is so strong that it effects eternity and calls the Father for the fulfillment if His eternal purpose.

What a prayer! It includes these words:

"These things Jesus spoke, and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son that the Son may glorify You. " (John 17:1)

"I have glorified You on earth, finishing the work which You have given Me to do. And now, glorify Me along with Your self, Father, with the glory which I had with You before the world was." (vs.4-5)

This thread is on the sending of God by God. It is a mysterious truth. Before the universe came into being - "before the world was" - Christ was God and with God - (John 1:1). And He had the glorious expression of the Father.

God has sent Him into the world to finish God's work of preparing to propogate this divine life and glory into millions upon millions of His redeemed creatures from mankind. We may say that God is "spreadable" in His communicable attributes and want to propogate His life and glory into man.

The central concept of Christ's prayer in John 17 is the glorification of the Triune God. That is that God manifests Himself in the dispensing of His communicable attributes in many SONS who are united with Him.

God the Father sent God the Son to be incarnated as a man to accomplish this eternal purpose. The Father is asked by the Son to glorify Him (the Son) that the Father may be glorified. This is MUTUAL glorification between the God sent in incarnation to be a man, and the sending God. This is mutual glorification between the Father and the Son.

We will see that in this mutual glorification and expression of the divine splendour of the Eternal Being the saved are brought in to be co-partakers of this uniting of God with man.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 04:20
    The beautiful hidden yet revealed secrets of God 🙂 God sent God to the earth 🙂 and eventually God will return again in the person of the Son. If the spirit does not open ones mind it does seem whacky but I think it's beautiful in how God revealed that the Son was coming even in Genesis.

Manny
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 11:33
    Originally posted by menace71
    The beautiful hidden yet revealed secrets of God 🙂 God sent God to the earth 🙂 and eventually God will return again in the person of the Son. If the spirit does not open ones mind it does seem whacky but I think it's beautiful in how God revealed that the Son was coming even in Genesis.

Manny
    Yes, Christ makes a round trip and not a one way trip.

In His returning He brings with Him many sons of the Father who have become "like Him" .

Individually none of us can fully express God. But as a built up city, the New Jerusalem, she manifests the Triune God dispensed into His people for the expression of God united with humanity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree